Skin diseases not only cause a lot of discomfort, but can also lead to cosmetic defects. One of these pathologies is seborrheic dermatitis of the scalp. Timely treatment of this disease will help to maintain a beautiful hair, because the density of hair depends on the health of the skin.
Seborrheic dermatitis, a chronic inflammation of skin areas where sebum is secreted in excess, causes the disease to be a Malassezia furfur fungus. With the localization of the disease in the field of hair growth, patients suffer from itching, redness and peeling of the skin. In addition to these unpleasant phenomena, with such dermatitis, partial or complete loss of hair is possible.
Why is the fungus active and how can it be declassified?
The development of seborrhea provoke:
- reduced immunity;
- disruption of the urogenital, endocrine and nervous systems;
- genetic predisposition;
- hormonal instability, especially in adolescence;
- stress and depression;
- unbalanced diet, smoking and alcoholism;
- lack of nutrients in the body;
- pathologies of the digestive system;
- sedentary lifestyle;
- permanent stay indoors;
- scratches and cuts.
So, in general, the cause of seborrheic dermatitis of the scalp is the unsatisfactory condition of the human body.
The following signs are characteristic of this pathology:
- irritation, hyperemia and itching of the head;
- exfoliation of white scales, which may become yellow;
- acne is possible;
- skin becomes too sensitive;
- hair loss of varying intensity.
Weapon against seborrhea
If dermatitis affects the scalp, the doctor will prescribe anti-inflammatory and antifungal agents in the form of shampoos or lotions to the patient. These preparations must contain certain active ingredients:
- ketoconazole, which is in Nizoral, Mykozorele, Perkhotale;
- ciclopirox in Sebiprox;
- selenium sulfide in Sulsen and Sulsen-forte;
- zinc pyrithione in Friederm Zinc or Zincone;
- medical tar in Sebuton, Friederme.
There are means for washing the head, in which therapeutic substances are combined, for example, "Keto plus", "Elf". Any of these drugs should be used twice a week for a month. When the symptoms become mild, the use of this shampoo should be reduced to a single application for 14 days.
In addition, it is possible to rub preparations containing sodium thiosulfate, salicylic acid ("Diprosalic") or an alcohol solution of naphthalan oil into hair growth sites. Sometimes these antifungal medications are prescribed:
In the presence of concomitant diseases - endocrine, neurological, gastroenterological - their parallel treatment is necessary, otherwise the local dermatitis therapy will be useless.
You will also need the use of complex vitamins of group B and strict diet. Should be excluded from the diet:
- dishes cooked with roasting;
- fatty animal food;
- marinades and smoked meats;
- oranges, lemons, grapefruits;
Enrich the menu:
- purified water and fresh juice;
- berry jellys and drinks;
- rabbit, chicken, turkey and beef;
- lean fish;
- vegetables: pumpkin, squash, cabbage, asparagus;
- cottage cheese, kefir, yogurt.
Treatment of seborrheic dermatitis of the scalp in children is somewhat different from the prescriptions for adult patients. The main recommendations remain the same, but you need to wash your hair with special shampoos, in which the concentration of the treating substance is reduced, there are no fragrances, preservatives, additives that provoke allergic reactions. It:
Funds from the arsenal of nature
Many successfully treat seborrheic dermatitis of the scalp with natural products prepared at home.
- Put 1 tbsp. l buckwheat honey in 1 liter of water.
- For a light massage, rub the solution into irritated skin for 2 minutes.
- After 2-3 hours, wash off residues.
- Repeat steps for 25-30 days.
Oak bark decoction
- 100 g ground oak bark pour 0.5 liters of water and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Add to the resulting liquid 1 tsp. honey and mix well.
- Rub into the hair roots.
- Wash your hair 3-4 hours after the procedure.
- Take chamomile flowers, calendula and plantain leaves in equal shares.
- 4 tbsp. l mix pour 1 tbsp. hot water and place in a thermos overnight.
- Treat the skin of the head with this agent in the morning after washing the hair.
Mask against itching and dandruff
- Take 3 tsp. burdock roots, elecampane, stalks and flowers of Hypericum.
- ½ part of the portion put in a thermos with 150 ml of boiling water.
- The mask is ready for use after 12 hours.
- Rub the solution into the skin without pressing, and put on the shower cap.
- After 30 minutes, remove the cap and dry the hair.
- Mix 20 g of honey, onion juice and castor oil.
- Add 1 egg yolk to the mass.
- Pound the affected skin with this compound.
- Wrap a cellophane bag over your head and a warm towel on top.
- After 1.5 hours, wash your hair thoroughly.
- 1 tbsp. l dandelion leaves pour 2 tbsp. boiling water.
- Leave the agent to infuse for at least 2-3 hours.
- Drink infusion for ½ tbsp. every 3 hours.
Folk remedies in the absence of individual intolerance of their components are useful - both for adults and for young patients. But, preparing decoctions, masks or infusions for children, you need to slightly reduce the concentration of herbs, honey and oils.
Dermatitis winning tips
Most people who have managed to solve this problem, believe that it is necessary to combine traditional and traditional methods of eliminating seborrheic dermatitis of the scalp. Answering the question of how to cure this disease, they leave positive reviews about shampoos with tar, selenium sulfide, zinc pyrithione, as well as alcohol solutions of petroleum and salicylic acid. Washing or rubbing their heads with such means helped them to forget about severe itching and peeling for a month. Broths of oak bark and other medicinal plants made it possible to quickly get rid of unpleasant sensations, but the effect was more short-term compared with the use of medicines.
Not everyone came up with compositions with the addition of honey - due to the tendency to allergies, but the mask with onions and castor oil not only relieved skin inflammation, but also strengthened the hair. Dandelion infusion enhances the effectiveness of complex treatment, but, according to users, can not be an independent drug.
Seborrhea of the scalp is a serious threat to the health and appearance of the person. The faster the patient applies for medical care, the faster he manages to solve this problem and prevent hair loss. You should not despair: the combination of drug treatment and remedies from the arsenal of traditional medicine will help get rid of painful dermatitis within 1-2 months.