What do we know about such beets, so familiar to our table? This bright vegetable is part of many traditional dishes, giving them a pleasant sweetish flavor. What effect on the body has a beet familiar to all from childhood? The benefits and harms of vegetables are well known to nutritionists and folk healers. We find out and we?
The unique beneficial properties of this vegetable were valued by famous doctors of old times, among whom was the founder of medical science Hippocrates. Beets were used not only for nutrition, but also for the treatment of various diseases. With it, healed skin inflammations, fought infections, improved blood circulation and blood composition.
This vegetable is most often used in cooking for cooking "for every day." And not always fully involved or realized the amazing features that distinguish beets. The benefits and harms of vegetables, meanwhile, have long been known to traditional medicine. A conventional root vegetable can be an affordable alternative to expensive medications.
Red Root - year-round health
Components of the beet can be found in other products. But it is in this vegetable that various elements that are valuable for human health are assembled into a single whole. Both raw and boiled root vegetables possess good qualities.
In a large amount of beets contains such substances:
- vitamins (C, PP, group B);
- minerals (potassium and calcium, magnesium and iron, iodine and zinc);
- organic acids (folic and pantothenic, oxalic and malic);
- amino acids (betaine and valine, arginine and lysine).
Red beets, the beneficial properties and contraindications of which it is important to know for organizing a healthy diet, have a beneficial effect on the activity of many body systems. Root helps:
- the work of the digestive organs, activating the intestines. Due to the intake of fiber improves metabolic processes. Organic acids help to eliminate toxins, normalize microflora;
- burning excess fat. Betaine is the best friend of slenderness. This substance facilitates the work of the liver, does not allow fats to accumulate in its cells. Interestingly, the beneficial properties of betaine appear when eating a root crop in any form: raw, baked, boiled;
- treatment of high blood pressure, atherosclerosis. The high content of magnesium and vitamin B9 restores and strengthens the walls of blood vessels, activates the process of blood formation;
- normal activity of the immune and hormonal systems. Thus, the thyroid gland is improving. Beets are very rich in iodine, helps the body cope with an aggressive environment;
- stimulation of the brain and the entire nervous system. The use of vegetables has a positive effect on the state of the psyche, improves mood;
- cell recovery. Folic acid is known for its rejuvenating effect.
The daily rate of consumption of red root is from 200 to 300 g. Moderation is an important factor that benefits without side effects. But with all the nutritional and health value of beets in some cases, you need to refrain from its use. Contraindications:
- low blood pressure;
- increased gastric acidity;
- urolithiasis (urolithiasis);
- osteoporosis (impaired metabolic processes in bone tissue);
- high blood sugar;
- bowel disorders.
Beet Juice - Health Pledge
Vegetable and fruit juices concentrate a lot of useful vitamins and minerals. These drinks not only quench thirst and delight with natural taste, but also effectively heal the whole body. For health promotion, they often use beet juice. Useful properties and contraindications of this drink are important to consider in order to achieve good results in improving well-being.
The composition of beet juice is rich in the same vitamins and minerals as the root vegetable. These components contribute to the improvement of:-
- composition of the blood, saturation of the body's cells with oxygen and nutrients - increase hemoglobin, increase the number of red blood cells;
- memory, brain activity and the thyroid gland - all this is due to the high content of iodine;
- conditions of blood vessels - due to the cleansing properties of potassium, magnesium and sodium salts, prevention of the appearance of blood clots and plaques is ensured. Juice beets are treated with varicose veins, thrombophlebitis, high blood pressure;
- activity of the heart muscle - potassium takes an active part in this;
- cleaning the liver, kidneys, gallbladder - the main role in this process is carried out by chlorine, which also has a beneficial effect on the activation of the lymphatic system;
- the work of the intestine - adjusting the reduction of the walls of organs, lead to normal metabolism;
- the protective mechanisms of the body against various infections;
- conditions of the musculoskeletal system - beet juice is advised to drink with significant physical exertion.
However, a good little bit: the abuse of beet juice can cause a number of unpleasant side effects. Contraindications to its use are the same as in the case of root crops. For any diseases of the stomach from the beet juice should refrain.
This drink can not be taken in its pure form, you need to dilute it with boiled water in a ratio of 1: 2. In the same proportion, the healing liquid can be mixed with other vegetable or fruit juices (cabbage or carrot, pumpkin or apple).
At the very beginning of taking beetroot drink, it is advised to dilute 1 tsp. beet juice in 1 tbsp. water.
If you drink undiluted juice, you can provoke a breakdown of the digestive organs. It is enough to take 0.5 st. diluted juice 3 times a day.
This vegetable is valuable not only the roots, but also juicy tops. They make wonderful vitamin salads, filling pies, botvini, beetroot soup. The beet plant, the beneficial properties and contraindications of which are known to both experienced culinary specialists and traditional healers, contains a complex of important vitamins and microelements. The composition of this part of the plant is not inferior to the root. The advantage of beet stalks and leaves is that they can be consumed at the beginning of summer, when the body needs vitamins very much.
Eating beet tops will help:
- normalize weight;
- improve cardiovascular function;
- prevent the development of anemia;
- restore full function of the thyroid gland;
- deal with the problem of constipation.
External application of beet tops is useful for:
- headaches and conjunctivitis. Fresh leaves should be finely chopped and applied to the forehead or eyelids for 15-20 minutes;
- skin pigmentation and freckles. The tops should be crushed to a pulp consistency and apply this mask on the face for 30 minutes;
- cracks and wounds of feet. For compresses of fresh stems and leaves are prepared homogeneous gruel, and for the trays use a decoction.
Eat vegetable tops can not be in inflammatory diseases of the stomach, intestines, kidneys, liver. Also contraindicated is urolithiasis. It is important to observe moderation, otherwise you can provoke the appearance of heartburn, bowel disorder.
Beetroot is a long-known and widespread vegetable that has many valuable qualities. It depends on the correct application whether it will bring benefit or harm. If you eat a moderate root and take into account contraindications, you can improve the health of the whole organism and cope with many diseases.