Procrastination is a psychological concept denoting a tendency to permanently postpone unpleasant cases and thoughts for later. Every second person faces a similar disease.
Up to a certain level, procrastination is considered normal, but when it interferes with a normal lifestyle, it is worth asking a psychologist for help. Experts say that procrastination appears at the most alarming moment when a person has to make difficult decisions. The disease can cause feelings of guilt, stress, discontent of others and loss of productivity in work.
- Most often, the disease affects people who are engaged in an unloved business or work. When a person does not like what he does, he tries to postpone the unloved activity to the very last moment;
- If you are not able to correctly prioritize, you are also a prisoner of procrastination;
- If a person does not know his main life goals and aspirations. The energy of a person is distributed incorrectly, and depression comes to its place, because of which people doubt the importance of affairs;
- People who are unable to distribute their time are often subject to procrastination;
- This disease can overtake indecisive people who are afraid to do difficult work;
- People with various phobias constantly experience their fears and put things off until later, fearing failure;
- Perfectionism (the belief that the best results can (or should) be achieved) can also be the cause of this mental illness. The perfectionist tries by all means to achieve the perfect result and continues to bring to the ideal the smallest details.
How to deal with procrastination?
Before you learn how to get rid of a problem, you need to realize its existence. For a start, you should accept that you have just procrastination, otherwise, no methods will help to cope with it.
Change the attitude to urgent and urgent matters. Even if they are very difficult and seem at first glance impracticable, it is not. Believe in your strength and tune in to win. If things are laborious and lengthy, try breaking them apart. After you do one piece of work, be sure to take a short break.
Learn how to plan your time, because it affects the quality and productivity of work. Proper planning is the key to the success of the work done. Well-organized people know what they need and have a clear work plan. As a result, time is not lost, which means that procrastination does not develop.
If you postpone any specific tasks that you have to perform all the time, try to understand why you postpone them. Maybe you should completely abandon the execution of these cases, or shift them to someone else.
If you cannot change the situation, then try to change your attitude towards it. Instead of the words "I have to" and "I have been instructed", it is necessary to stock up with other words, for example, "this is my choice" and "I want it."
Only a psychologist will help you with procrastination caused by fears or phobias. He will find in your subconscious the cause of fears and will try to get rid of them.-
Think about the fact that you are really happy and stimulated to work. Good mood, positive emotions and energy boost will help you overcome temporary procrastination.
Instead of worrying about or doing unnecessary work, go to sleep or go for a walk. Full rest and fresh air will bring thoughts in order and will allow to undertake difficult work.
If the reason for the procrastination is a professional activity, you should think about changing it. Nothing can be worse than an unloved work that does not bring satisfaction and pleasure.
Train your willpower and self-discipline. First, try small and simple tasks.
If you are one of those people who believe that they do not have enough time to do the work, make an anti-to-do list. This list should include all daily chores and affairs that are difficult to begin. Try to put important tasks to the top of the list. Start doing the main things first and then the daily ones.
Neutralize what distracts you. These reasons include online shopping, watching funny videos, snacking, tea drinking, ICQ, Skyp, social networking pages, magazines, etc. Eliminating irritants, you quickly begin important matters.
Treatment of procrastination: folk remedies
In the morning to be charged with a positive mood and energy boost, you can use the popular recipes:
- Every morning, drink a glass of water with lemon juice and honey. Such a drink invigorates the body and spirit, charging you with energy and strength.
- Add ginger to tea. It has a beneficial effect on the work of the cardiovascular system, improves blood circulation in the brain and improves mood. This tea is recommended to drink not only to people who suffer from procrastination, but also to those who are engaged in intellectual work.
- Drink vegetable, berry and fruit juices throughout the day. They charge the body with vigor and energy.
Procrastination is a psychological disease that almost all people have encountered when performing complex tasks and unloved work. This ailment is treatable by self-control. If such methods are not suitable, contact your psychologist for help. He will teach you how to structure and organize your time and advise several useful books on time management, with the help of which you will learn how to properly distribute your day and not postpone important things for later.