Worms (worms) - parasitic worms that live and develop in the body in animals and humans. More than 250 varieties of worms that cause various diseases are known.
Parasites go through three stages of development: the egg, the larva and the adult. Once in the human body, the eggs quickly turn into larvae. They rapidly spread, turning into adults, which cause a person a lot of inconvenience and discomfort. Prevention and treatment of parasites is made with drugs, traditional medicine and compliance with certain preventive norms.
How to determine the worms in humans?
Parasites in humans can be identified by several symptoms. If you find yourself having similar manifestations, immediately consult a doctor to confirm or deny the diagnosis.
- Constipation. Some species of worms block the intestinal and gallbladder functioning, which makes it difficult to defecate.
- Diarrhea. Absolutely all parasites excrete toxins that provoke watery stools. Diarrhea is the result of vital activity of worms, and not ridding the body of parasites.
- Bloating and gas. If the worms live in the upper part of the small intestine, they cause inflammation of the intestinal walls, which leads to bloating and gas formation.
- Joint and muscle pain. If worms appear in the joint fluid or muscles, the person experiences pain.
- Anemia. Helminths suck nutrients from the human body. If their number is large, they suck blood and nutrients.
- Nervousness. Metabolism and toxic substances caused by parasites can irritate the central nervous system.
- Sleep disturbance. If you often wake up in the middle of the night, especially between 2 and 3 hours, it means that your body is trying to get rid of toxins.
- Constant fatigue Apathy, depression, weakness, deterioration of attention and memory - all this may be symptoms of the appearance of worms.
In addition to these signs, there may be the following:
- Fetid stool;
- Frequent cramps in the abdomen, rumbling and gurgling in the stomach, not associated with the feeling of hunger;
- Heartburn or chest pain;
- Cough, runny nose, fever;
- Food allergies to many foods;
- Itching around the anus, especially at night;
- Skin problems (from acne to psoriasis);
- Hair loss;
- Creaking his teeth at night;
- Dramatic weight loss or weight gain.
Prevention of worms in humans: the basic rules
Worms are afraid of cleanliness, therefore, main prevention is to observe basic hygiene rules, which include the following:
- Wash your hands as often as possible, especially after the street and before eating. For young children, you can use antibacterial soap or wipes.
- Wash food thoroughly: vegetables, fruits, meat, fish, poultry, etc.
- Be sure to subject meat and fish dishes to heat treatment;
- Do not drink water from little-studied reservoirs;
- Do not swim in little-known reservoirs;
- Drink only boiled or filtered water;
- Every year, undergo medical care for the presence of worms in the body.
Prevention of worms in humans: drugs
Today, pharmacies have a whole range of medications with the help of which prevention of worms in humans, for example, pills. Remember that there are no anti-helminth drugs that are absolutely harmless to the body; therefore, you should always carry out antihelminthic therapy under medical supervision.-
Among the prophylactic drugs against parasites are the following:
- Pyrantel is a remedy that can be used to treat enterobiasis, ascariasis, trichocephalosis, and the like. Pyrantel does not have a preventive effect, but perfectly removes parasites from the body. The drug acts only in the intestine, causing paralysis of the muscles of the worms, after which they are removed with the feces.
Among the side effects of pyrantel, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite, impaired liver function, headache, dizziness, insomnia, hallucinations and allergies can be identified. The drug can not be taken during pregnancy and liver disease.
- Vermox has a wide range of actions, but it is most effective for enterobiasis and mixed helminth infections. The mechanism of action of the drug is based on provoking irreversible changes in metabolic processes of parasites.
Among the side effects are the following: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, abnormal liver function, dizziness and headaches, a decrease in white blood cells and red blood cells, the appearance of blood in the urine, baldness and allergies.
Contraindications to the use of Vermox are individual intolerance to the drug, pregnancy, lactation, and dysfunction of the liver.
- Dekaris - a drug that is especially effective for ascariasis. He paralyzes the muscles of worms, after which they go out with feces. Among the side effects are insomnia, irritability, depression, anorexia, vomiting, diarrhea, stomatitis, loss of smell and taste, muscle pain, cramps in the limbs, allergies, rhinitis, cough, fever.
Effective folk remedy: for the prevention of parasites is useful on an empty stomach in the morning to eat a handful of peeled pumpkin seeds.
Worms are parasites that anyone can face. To protect yourself from worms, be sure to follow the rules of hygiene and take prophylactic drugs. If suddenly the parasites still appeared, consult a doctor. He will help prescribe the necessary tests and select the correct treatment.