Arterial hypertension is a serious enemy, who can only be defeated with the help of drug treatment. To improve the results of therapy and reduce the likelihood of side effects are called drugs from the pressure of a new generation. The list of such drugs is constantly updated. What is better - to be treated with proven means or expensive new items?
III generation drugs - a revolution in the treatment of hypertension or new names and the old composition?
The main thing is the difference between drugs for hypertension of the new generation and what is their undoubted advantage over their predecessors - the combined effect. That is, several active substances are combined in one tablet. If earlier the list of prescriptions for hypertension included up to a dozen medications, today it has become much shorter, since 1 drug can replace 2-3 drugs.
Preparations of the last (third generation) differ from drugs "with experience" and other qualities:
- specially selected compound increased efficiency;
- the composition was developed taking into account the side effects of each of the components;
- very practical to use;
- cause fewer side effects than 1st and 2nd generation drugs;
- well tolerated by most patients;
- efficiency does not decrease with long-term use.
Preparations from the pressure of a new generation: a list of pharmacological groups
Since the treatment of this disease uses an integrated approach, the patient is prescribed several groups of drugs. What new drugs appeared in the first-aid kit hypertonic? A short list of drugs from the pressure of the new generation looks like this:
- Among the drugs that people with hypertension should constantly take are renin inhibitors. The 3rd generation drugs include Rasilez (Alskiren) and Cardosal. Their advantage over the "old" drugs is that they are able to maintain normal blood pressure for a day and do not provoke glossitis and dry cough;
- angiotensin receptor antagonists. The most popular "fresh" drug in this series is Olmesartan (Cardosal). Acts much faster, has a high therapeutic effect;
- diuretics. Trifas (Torasemide) won an excellent reputation among doctors and patients. It provides a good antihypertensive effect, including in diabetic patients and elderly patients;
- ACE inhibitors. Competition to highly effective Enalaprilu (Ramipril) is trying to make a “newcomer” - Fosinopril, but in its properties it is not much better than proven drugs;
- alpha and beta blockers. Advanced drugs include Nebivolol, Dabetolol, Carvedilol. Their predecessor is Anaprilin. New drugs provide a pronounced vasodilating effect, reduce heart rate. Their minus (which was also the 2nd generation of drugs) - "the effect of cancellation";
- calcium channel blockers. The most famous "newcomers" - Amlodipine, Equator. Produce a prolonged hypotensive effect.
How to take Cardosal?
Cardosal is an innovative antihypertensive drug. With a systematic reception, it provides a steady decrease in pressure. Taking medicine is very convenient. Dosage - 20 mg and 40 mg (this is the maximum daily dose), taken once orally, at the same time 1 time in 24 hours. The initial dose is 10 mg.
Another advantage of Cardosal is a low percentage of side effects. These include headache, dizziness, cough, rhinitis, digestive disorders, pain in the joints and bones, flu-like symptoms, malaise. Severe adverse reactions are acute renal failure, thrombocytopenia, and abnormal liver function.
To exclude the likelihood of their occurrence, the appointment of the drug must take into account contraindications:-
- age up to 18 years;
- severe renal impairment;
- pregnancy and lactation;
- hypersensitivity to active substances;
- lack of lactase.
Lozap: instructions for use and contraindications
Modern drug of systemic action, which effectively reduces blood pressure, - Lozap. Its effect is to relax the walls of blood vessels, which leads to the creation of a volumetric bloodstream.
Lozap is produced in 2 versions - conventional tablets and drugs, supplemented with diuretic components (Lozap plus). The drug is taken regardless of the use of food 1 time per day. The standard maintenance dose is 50 mg. The largest daily dose is 100 mg.
According to reviews of hypertensive patients, the drug is easily tolerated and practically does not cause discomfort. What side effects can Lozap cause? Instructions for use warns of possible violations of the cardiovascular, respiratory and digestive systems. Sometimes there are allergic reactions, may change laboratory blood counts.
The drug is contraindicated for pregnant and lactating mothers, children under 18 years of age, patients with impaired liver and kidneys, as well as with individual intolerance to the components. There are also relative contraindications.
Enalapril: features of the drug
Enalapril tablets help reduce blood pressure, even in cases where other similar drugs are powerless. This effect lasts for 24 hours. Enalapril also has a mild diuretic effect.
Drug intake does not depend on food intake. Dosage is selected individually. The drug is drunk 1 time per day. Initial single dose - 0.01 g-0.02 g. Daily maximum 0.04 g.
With drug treatment, in some cases, diarrhea, muscle spasms, dizziness can be expected.
Enalapril is not suitable for helping pregnant, lactating women and minors.
Pharmacists are finding all the new tools that help relieve the manifestations of hypertension and prolong the life of people suffering from high blood pressure. Although manufacturers declare their safety and efficacy, it is possible to replace the drug with its new analogue only with the permission of the doctor. This is the only way to stabilize the pressure and insure yourself against dangerous side effects.