Back pain today will not surprise anyone; every second person suffers from this disease for one reason or another. However, this does not mean that you should not pay attention to this and let everything go to chance. Today we will talk about pinching the sciatic nerve, its symptoms and treatment, in other words, sciatica.
Contraception of the sciatic nerve can be preceded by a variety of reasons, the most common in medical practice are the following:
- Hernia. If you are the owner of such a diagnosis, then you have a chance to get sciatica;
- Infections (for example, flu, scarlet fever, typhoid fever). With these diseases, bacteria penetrate into the body, which provoke inflammation, including the sciatic nerve;
- Stenosis of the lumbar spinal canal;
- Spondylolisthesis, which violates the correct location of the vertebrae;
- Osteophytes. So called neoplasms on the vertebrae, which can also squeeze the nerves.
This is not the whole list of reasons, there are others, for example, tumors, alcohol poisoning, arthritis. Women often have pinched sciatic nerve during pregnancy.
The logical question in any disease: how to understand that this is it, and not something else. Pinching of the sciatic nerve can be recognized by the following symptoms:
- Severe pains in the lower back;
- In the legs the patient feels the aches;
- After the pain can go to other parts of the body: hips, feet, fingers;
- The pain has a different nature, that is, it can cut, shoot, prick, etc. It can either intensify or disappear altogether;
When the disease is in a progressive stage, the patient's motor functions are disturbed, the pain increases, interfering with sleep.
How to treat?
Treatment can be divided into:
- Home treatment.
As for the first, then you should contact a specialist who, on the basis of diagnostics, will choose the right course. Treatment must take into account the stage of the disease, gender, age and individual characteristics of the patient. As a rule, procedures are prescribed 2-3 times in 7 days. And the therapy itself takes about 3-6 weeks.-
In the clinic, sciatic nerve entrapment is cured by such procedures as:
- Kinesiology, that is, the doctor restores your muscles and ligaments by palpation;
- Treatment with leeches, which allows you to remove the swelling, get rid of inflammation, speed up the movement of blood;
- Acupuncture relieves pain, vasospasm, and also nourishes tissue;
- Therapeutic massage is aimed at relieving tension in the muscles, reducing painful sensations;
- Physical therapy is also able to deprive you of pain, improve blood circulation, and also remove harmful toxins;
- Mud therapy is prescribed to improve metabolism, tissue nutrition;
- Tissue neuroadaptation is necessary to relieve edema, restore nerve function, and also does not allow cartilage tissue to decay;
- Laser therapy also has a place to be, since infrared light strengthens the spine and boosts immunity;
- Treatment with active oxygen, that is, injections that are aimed at the destruction of viruses and bacteria that cause inflammation;
- Autoplasmotherapy, which means a series of plasma injections that restore the spinal tissue to reduce pain, which subsequently helps the patient to move normally;
- Magnetic therapy is aimed at suspending the destruction of intervertebral discs, improving immunity.
When treating folk remedies, it is recommended to use a decoction of aspen leaves before meals. Its recipe is simple: brew a spoonful of aspen leaves in 1 liter of water. You can also use calendula infusion (1 tablespoon of the roots and 1/4 l of water, boil for 5 minutes, strain and drink) 30 minutes before a meal.
There are a lot of other home treatments, but the best solution is to go to the doctor. Only he will be able to correctly assess your condition, as well as prescribe a competent treatment aimed at your recovery. And homemade attempts to remove the pain can only aggravate the situation.
Now you know how to recognize the pinched sciatic nerve, how this ailment chooses its “victims”, and how it threatens you. And most importantly, you are warned that if the symptoms of sciatica overtake you, you should immediately contact a specialist who will choose from a variety of treatment options that will help you recover. Take care of your health!