Climax is a normal physiological process that marks the end of the childbearing period. Often, menopause is accompanied by many unpleasant feelings. Hot flashes, weight gain, mood swings, insomnia ... How to deal with it, and are there any non-hormonal pills for menopause?
How are non-hormonal drugs better?
Menopause brings with it a restructuring of the hormonal balance, which is accompanied by not quite pleasant symptoms, reflecting the adaptation of the body to new conditions. Vasodilation of the vessels causes hot flashes, night sweats. You may gain excess weight, dryness in the vagina. In some cases, women fall into deep depression.
Menopause is not the easiest life span, which is why appropriate treatment may be necessary. To combat manifestations of menopause, the doctor may suggest hormone-based drugs. This treatment is called hormone replacement therapy. But you can also choose alternative treatments.
Thus, homeopathy is often used, including to combat hot flashes, libido disorders, bouts of fatigue and weight gain. Homeopathic remedies to some extent improve calcium metabolism. To balance the hormonal background phytotherapy offers us a lot of plants and natural products that are effective in their action and without harmful side effects. These include:
- evening primrose oil, borage;
- trace elements;
- sage extract;
- Abraham's tree;
- tsimitsifuga and others.
In addition, studies show that some antidepressants can reduce hot flashes. This may be an interesting choice for a woman who has symptoms of depression and hot flashes, but she does not want to take hormones. Against vaginal dryness, vaginal moisturizing gels will help to effectively reduce itching, irritation and pain during intercourse. Some non-hormonal drugs are used to increase bone density, reduce the risk of fractures and develop osteoporosis. Herbal tea from valerian and chamomile help with insomnia.
Isoflavones, better known as phytoestrogens, are considered a good remedy among alternative therapies. Taking two doses of isoflavones per day can significantly reduce the frequency of hot flashes during the first month of treatment.
Non-hormonal tablets for menopause: a review of drugs
The most effective homeopathic remedies are:
- "Sanguinaria": 5 pellets 3 times a day or every time there are hot flashes.
- "Lachesis": 5 granules 3 times a day in case of sweating and headaches.
To relieve symptoms of vaginal dryness, use intravaginal moisturizing gel "Replens". It has a prolonged action, almost immediately soothes dryness, and the moisturizing effect lasts for several days.
Popular biologically active non-hormonal tablets:-
- "Spirulina" - help from the symptoms of fatigue, increase tone and vitality.
- "Menosan" - pills are a plant complex based on sage extract and are designed to restore hormonal balance.
- "Calcium Vitamin D" is a dietary supplement that ensures optimal consumption of trace elements necessary to maintain bone mass, normal muscle function, and prevent osteoporosis.
What remedies help against the tides?
Recently, doctors are increasingly using non-hormonal antidepressant pills for treating hot flashes in women with menopause. The most appropriate preparations for this purpose are:
- The class of drugs SSRI - serotonin reuptake inhibitors. Used for the primary treatment of depression. These include such agents - Fluoxetine (Prozac), Paroxetine (Paxil).
- IRSN class drugs are norepinephrine inhibitors of reuptake. This group includes "Duloxetine" ("Simbalta") and "Venlafaxine" ("Effexor").
For the treatment of hot flushes and night sweats are also used preparations containing isoflavones:
- Remifemin - tablets based on the root of cimicifuga. They have an effect similar to the female hormone estrogen.
- Serepause - pills that relieve symptoms of hot flashes and mood swings. They contain extracts of Abraham tree, Alchemilla, hops and soy isoflavones.
Listen to the views of women
On the Web, you can find a lot of different reviews about the use of non-hormonal agents in menopause:
- Maria: "I am 51 years old, and two months ago, night sweats began, causing insomnia. I woke up every hour and also experienced hot flushes during the day. I tried a whole bunch of money and then read interesting studies about Tsimitsifug. There was nothing to lose "I started taking 2 tablets a day for 14 days. I also take valerian at night. My condition improved, my tides began to be disturbed less often. Unlike what happened, I quickly cool down and go back to sleep."
Believe me, this is not the only positive feedback on non-hormonal tablets from tides during menopause:
- Agatha: “I lost sleep with the advent of menopause. Hot flushes, panic attacks. The doctor prescribed the antidepressant Paxil. I started to take ½ pills and then one morning each day. My attacks decreased significantly. Of the side effects, only a little sleepiness, nothing the other. They say the drug is addictive. You need to consult a doctor. "
If you are looking for non-hormonal ways to relieve the severity of menopause symptoms, talk with your doctor about prescription drugs. Today there are many options available and quite effective.