Pancreatitis is a disease of the pancreas, the cause of which can be not only a violation of the regime and food culture. This is a serious and even dangerous illness, which at any time may take an irreversible form with inevitable death. He has many manifestations, and the age bracket for ill people is decreasing every year.
In medicine, there are acute and chronic pancreatitis. Symptoms and treatment - as well as proper nutrition - vary depending on the nature of the disease. In general, it is characterized as inflammation, alteration and even disintegration of the pancreas, as a result of which the organ atrophies, accumulates calcium salts and connective tissue.
How to recognize acute pancreatitis?
- There is a dull pain or a pain in the upper abdomen (usually it is shingles).
- Constantly nauseous and often vomiting with bile.
- In the mouth dries up, there is a hiccups and belching.
If the disease progresses, other symptoms appear:
- the temperature rises;
- blood pressure indicators are falling;
- there is an unpleasant sticky sweating;
- belly swelling;
- muscles do not respond to palpation.
Symptoms of chronic pancreatitis
- Constant or intermittent pain in the upper abdomen, which is "reflected" in the left side of the sternum or scapula;
- nausea and vomiting, especially after eating;
- dry mouth;
- loose stools (often fat);
Causes of pancreatic problems
The insidious disease of the digestive tract occurs not only with the abuse of acute calorie foods, alcohol and drugs. It is provoked by diseases of the gallbladder, and other problems with the pancreas: stones and sand in its duct, impaired blood circulation.
Chronic pancreatitis may appear on the background of the acute form of this disease, cholecystitis, liver or intestinal damage, as well as peptic ulcer.
Depending on the form in which pancreatitis manifests itself, the symptoms and treatment (and even proper nutrition) may be purely individual. If the course of the disease is acute, then the person should be urgently hospitalized, and before that he should be given rest, cold on the stomach and abundant drinking with alkali content.
The patient is washed stomach and prescribed antispasmodics and painkillers in injections or by drip. In some cases, possible Novocain blockade.
Also, the patient needs diuretic drugs and compounds that inhibit pancreatic secretion. For this use Almagel, Zimetidin, Kontrykal.
During an exacerbation of pancreatitis, antibiotics are also needed to prevent the occurrence of secondary infections. The strictest diet and the complete elimination of alcohol are imperative in this disease.-
Chronic pancreatitis gives other symptoms, but the treatment and diet here are about the same. The condition of a person who suffers from this disease is considered serious and requires immediate assistance.
Folk methods against pancreas problems
Along with medical control, pancreatitis also includes treatment with folk remedies.
- Dandelion root, string and chamomile are taken in equal proportions - 100 g each. Add 75 g of the centaury and the same amount of corn stigmas to them. Everything is mixed. The composition is brewed at night at the rate of 2 tbsp. to 2 tbsp. boiling water. For this purpose it is better to use a thermos. In the morning the infusion is filtered and consumed in 100 ml per hour before meals. The number of receptions - 4 times a day.
- 75 g of strawberry and blackberry leaves, marigolds and yarrow are mixed with beans pods, which require 100 g. The principle of cooking the broth is the same. 100 g of filtered medicine is consumed before meals 3-4 times a day.
- 100 g of the root of the burdock, wheatgrass and St. John's wort are combined with a bed-bed and immortelle, which are 75 g each. 20 g of the composition is brewed with two cups of boiling water, filtered and taken 4 times a day, 100 ml each day, preferably before a meal.
- Chronic pancreatitis is successfully treated by the roots of barberry. To do this, 100 g of plant materials pour 0.5 liters of vodka and insist 10 days in a warm and dark place, shaking the liquid from time to time. After the expiration of the infusion filter and take 1 tsp. 3 times a day.
- If pancreatitis is often exacerbated and manifested by painful sensations, then a collection of peony, dandelion and kirkazon roots will help. Components take 75 g and mix well. 1 tbsp. components are brewed in a thermos with a glass of boiling water and left overnight. Infusion take 50 g per hour before meals. Do it 4 times a day.
And what to eat with pancreatitis? When treating this disease, dietary restrictions are required. The task of the diet is to normalize the functioning of the pancreas and reduce the excitation of the gallbladder. That is why the recipes for pancreatitis have a gentle effect on the stomach and intestines.
In case of illness, it is allowed to eat:
- white crackers;
- sweet biscuits;
- pureed vegetable soups.
- lean beef and rabbit meat, chicken, cooked or cooked in a double boiler;
- lean fish;
- liquid porridge (oatmeal, semolina or buckwheat) in water or half milk;
- cereal casseroles;
- cauliflower, potatoes, zucchini, pumpkin, beets - boiled and pureed;
- light cottage cheese, casseroles and puddings from it,
- dairy products;
- non-acidic fruits, as well as jelly, mousse or jelly from them;
- weak tea, compote and dogrose broth.
The menu of a patient with pancreatitis is a lot like a child. And it's not only in cereals (certainly useful in the midst of the disease and after it). For example, potato, carrot-rice soups are full-fledged first courses that do not irritate the stomach and intestines and do not strain the pancreas. And meat steamed meatballs with vegetable garnish or stews from potatoes, carrots and veal are not inferior to the usual main dishes.
The tendency to pancreatitis is now observed not only in adults. Recently, a huge number of children suffering from this disease. An abundance of harmful products in the diet has a detrimental effect on the fragile organisms. But to protect yourself from this problem at any age is quite simple: often only moderation and intelligibility in food is required.