Absolutely healthy people, unfortunately, does not happen. Under the influence of various factors, certain disorders may overrun us, and even then, when this is completely inappropriate. Depending on what daily load the body experiences, the probable time periods for the occurrence of disruption at work are also considered.
Do you have pain in your hip joint when walking or at night while lying on your side? Perhaps you should consult a doctor. This joint is one of the largest in the skeleton structure. Its main function is motor. Due to the complex anatomy of the articular articulation, a person receives a high freedom of his movement in different planes and directions:
- bending and unbending the body;
- abduction and adduction of the hip relative to the torso;
- rotation of the pelvis relative to the lower limbs.
Soreness - the first sign of any disruption in the body. And if it manifests itself in the thigh area when moving or even at rest, then something is wrong.
Why does it hurt?
A painful condition may have a different nature: pathological or traumatic. Often, the pain radiates to the lower limb, for example, the knee joint. From the first time, it is almost impossible to identify the cause. It is not always that a symptom has a direct connection with the joint (injury or disease). Therefore, the reasons are divided into four groups:
- other damage;
- antiphospholipid syndrome.
Anatomical and pathological:
- flipping thigh;
- impingement syndrome;
- free intra-articular body;
- syndrome of the upper ileo-tibial tract;
- painful tension of the piriformis muscle;
- inflammatory and dystrophic damage to the tissues of the tendinous compounds of the near-tendinas;
- necrotic lesion;
- transient osteoporosis.
Irradiating due to disorders not related to the hip joint:
- neuralgic disorder of the lateral cutaneous femoral nerve;
- spinal neuralgia;
- inguinal hernia;
- athlete's hernia;
- arthritis (most of them);
- diabetic neuropathic osteoarthropathy;
- chronic musculoskeletal pain;
- deforming osteodystrophy;
- diseases of the hip joint of an infectious nature.
Pain respond to toxic synovitis, oncology, osteomyelitis, etc.
Pain can have a different degree of intensity, accompanied by other unpleasant manifestations, for example, stiffness, swelling, redness, numbness, fever. Therefore, before you treat, you need to find out the exact cause. And this is possible if you know which doctor to address with pain in the hip joint?
Hip Pain Specialists
Which doctor should I contact for hip pain? If you do not know for sure, first visit a general practitioner or surgeon, who after anamnesis will advise a particular doctor. It may be:
- traumatologist or orthopedist;
Medical examination is required without fail, and the sooner the better. The very same diagnosis requires an integrated approach, because, as we have already outlined above, pain is a symptom of many pathologies. The complex of diagnostic measures includes:
- X-ray of the spine, joint and femur areas;
- CT and MRI of the mentioned zones;
- hardware research of the state of the vessels;
- reflex testing;
- all sorts of general analyzes.
Only after studying the results of the examination, the patient is given adequate therapy.-
Typical patient complaints
When applying to a health facility, patients characterize painful sensations differently. Among the typical complaints of pain:
- pain in the hip joint when walking, similar to dislocation;
- discomfort in the thigh, groin, below the waist, in the lower limb to the knee;
- women report an increase in pain in these areas during the regula period;
- numbness, "burning" of the muscles during a long stay on the legs (in the lying and sitting position - not observed);
- aching pain in the hip joint lying on its side, especially at night;
- as if everything is baking inside, especially lying on the sore side;
- point, pulling, sometimes accompanied by pain at the base of the foot;
- it hurts from priests to knees when lying or standing;
- the back of the thigh "fires" like a nerve, especially when bending the body, bending the legs, even sneezing;
- with any movement, in a state of rest (sitting, standing) no discomfort.
How to help?
Each disease has its own characteristic symptoms, the so-called symptoms. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to make a diagnosis with just one pain syndrome. Need to consider pain in combination with other manifestations. Establishing an accurate diagnosis is the first step to recovery. Next, the patient is assigned a specific course of treatment that is effective in a particular case.
Almost all are appointed painkiller and anti-inflammatory. Drug treatment includes: multivitamin and mineral nutritional supplements, antispasmodics, blood circulation enhancers, diuretics. Pharmacy and homemade topical products. To remove puffiness, to reduce pain cold and warm compresses will help.
Almost always required physical therapy, the choice of a set of exercises depends on the nature of the disorder. For example, in the case of traumatic lesions of the hip joint, exercises should be aimed at increasing the strength of the joint and the flexibility of the muscle.
Frequent appointments may also include physical therapy, manual therapy, therapeutic massage, acupuncture.
Aids are also used (orthoses, bandages, canes, crutches, in some cases special insoles and orthopedic shoes) to temporarily reduce the load on the affected area, immobilize, and so on.
You should never tolerate pain, even for the first time, it is insignificant, infrequent, does not cause severe discomfort and is not accompanied by other symptoms. Through the pain signals, our body tries to say that some process in it is malfunctioning. And it is important to respond to these signals in time. Ignoring is fraught with not only a change in the comfort of life, but also the emergence of more serious health problems.