Our body has an amazing ability to convey to us information about the problems that appear in it. Pain can not be ignored, because they can be the very signal that transmit organs. One should be wary even if pain and heaviness in the right hypochondrium are troubling: their causes can be serious.
Unpleasant nagging sensations in the right side of the body can be both episodic and permanent. In order not to become a hypochondriac and not to look for problems where there are none, you need to ask yourself just one question: do unpleasant feelings appear only in one place or “wander”?
If the feeling of heaviness and pain appear only to the right under the ribs, then, most likely, there is a problem, and its cause must be found out after passing the diagnosis. Many young and old patients complain about the discomfort on the right. Finding out the reasons is a necessity, since it can be associated with serious diseases of the liver, gastrointestinal tract organs and cardiovascular pathologies (this is in the worst case, so you should not be afraid).
Pain on the right and its connection with organs
If such feelings as pain and heaviness in the right hypochondrium often become troublesome, the reasons should be sought, first of all, in those organs that are in this area. Here is a list of them:
- colon intestine;
- part of the small intestine;
- part of the pancreas;
- right kidney;
- right lung.
At the same time, failures with one of these bodies are not necessarily a provocateur of unpleasant sensations. The severity of the right side can be triggered by spinal problems and inflammatory processes occurring elsewhere.
If such a symptom as pain on the right side under the rib, often appears, then you should be wary. The most common causes are the following diseases.
- The formation of stones in the gallbladder. In the presence of calculus pain are acute paroxysmal character.
Important! Many, feeling the pain in the right side of the body, blame it on liver clogging and decide to purge them with starvation, herbs or juices, based on popular recipes. For problems with the gallbladder, it is strictly prohibited to do so. Do not engage in cleansing practices and self-treatment without a doctor making a diagnosis!-
- Cholecystitis. This gallbladder disease is characterized by the occurrence of an inflammatory process in it and is accompanied by burning pains that extend from the ribs to the entire right side of the body (shoulder, shoulder blade). In the acute stage, these symptoms may also be accompanied by vomiting and fever. In chronic exacerbation, the pain is dull and aching. There is weakness and nausea after eating.
- Hepatitis, which is acute and chronic. Severity in the right hypochondrium, the causes of which are associated with acute hepatitis, is accompanied by high fever, yellow skin tone, and intoxication. Chronic course is dangerous because it is almost asymptomatic. It is characterized by pain on the right, which bears a pulling character. It is especially pronounced after 30-40 minutes after ingestion of fatty foods or alcohol. The fact is that the liver in hepatitis increases and presses on the region of the right hypochondrium - hence the unpleasant symptoms.
- Dyskinesia of the biliary tract. This disease often accompanies gastric diseases (gastritis, ulcers), and can also develop with nervous disorders and as a result of stress.
- Often the pain in the ribs on the right side is a consequence of chronic or acute pancreatitis. It feels like pulsating spasms, accompanied by nausea, abdominal distention, and in the acute stage - high fever and diarrhea.
- Stones in the right kidney, causing "piercing" sensations, extending to the region of the back of the back (thoracic and lumbar regions). Symptoms such as pain during urination, weakness, fever, nausea may occur.
- Duodenal ulcer. Pain can occur as a result of long starvation, and after eating, often appear at night. The disease is accompanied by bloating, flatulence, periodic bouts of nausea with vomiting. Pain when an ulcer pulling; in the event of sharp, sharp "punctures", urgent hospitalization is necessary (it may develop into a perforated ulcer).
- Appendicitis. Sometimes inflammation of the appendix gives pain in the right side of the body.
- Inflammation of the right lung (rare).
- Diseases of the spine. Right-sided S-shaped scoliosis often provokes pain in the ribs. This is due to the pressure of the spinal column on the muscles. Feelings can be both aching and abrupt short-term, sometimes make themselves felt when sneezing or coughing.
This is a “powerful” list of diseases, the symptoms of which can be attributed to pain and heaviness in the right hypochondrium. The causes and treatment of these pathologies are varied - just like the list of accompanying symptoms.
How to help yourself?
If the pain arose suddenly and there is no possibility to undergo an urgent examination, you can ease it for a while.
First, you should limit your diet, eliminating from the diet fatty, fried foods, hard and too sweet food, alcohol. This is necessary so as not to exacerbate possible problems with the liver or the digestive tract.
Secondly, you can drink 2 pills of no-shpy, which muffle the pain, without affecting the liver. It does not hurt to put under the tongue validol or nitroglycerin to reduce the effect on the heart muscle.
You should not apply cold or hot compresses, give yourself injections and drink herbal teas. These methods are good only if the cause of the pain is clear. In the reverse situation, they can cause even more harm. As soon as the opportunity arises, you should immediately visit the doctor.
Right hypochondrium - an area in which many internal organs are concentrated, tightly adjacent to each other. Therefore, the causes of pain in this part of the body are so extensive. It must be remembered that each of the possible diseases has its own specific treatment, therefore, it is impossible to make a diagnosis and prescribe drugs in any case.