One of the most unpleasant inflammatory diseases of the ear is considered otitis media. If your ear hurts, you are worried about strong discharge and discomfort, you should immediately consult a doctor-doctor. It is this doctor who treats ear diseases. In no case do not self-medicate. This can lead to very serious and unpleasant consequences. But you can help your body recover faster with the help of folk remedies.
They will help reduce painful symptoms and speed recovery.
What is the treatment of otitis media?
Usually antibiotics, drops, phyto-candles, salt, hydrogen peroxide are used to treat otitis. Ears with otitis can be very painful, so go to the hospital right away, where you can help relieve acute pain and prescribe an appropriate course of treatment. It will not take too much time, but it will keep you healthy and hearing.
- After a short examination, the doctor will immediately diagnose and prescribe a course of treatment. Usually it is the reception of the necessary antibiotics, heating and instillation of the drops. Antibiotics are usually drunk for 7 days, if you feel bad about the medication, tell your doctor.
- Before you drip your ear, wash it with hydrogen peroxide. If sulfur is released during inflammation, it may interfere with the penetration of therapeutic drops. Dab your ear well with peroxide and lie on your side. Then warm up and drop the drops first in one ear, then in the other and be sure to close the ear with a cotton swab.
- Phyto candles can also be a good treatment for otitis. They are affordable and sold in almost every pharmacy. Candles use between instillation drops. Insert the candle in your ear and set it on fire. Do 2 p. in a day. Dry heat will speed up the healing process.
- Take the salt and heat it on the pan in the oven or in the pan. Then wrap in a woolen or thick fabric. The resulting compress put for 40 minutes in your ear. Warming up procedure can be carried out before dropping the ears.
After treatment, visit your doctor, he will say whether you need to continue treatment or all is well. Here the most important thing is to completely cure, and not to relieve the symptoms of the disease.
Chronic otitis media: treatment
The causes of otitis media in the middle ear are hypothermia and microorganism penetration into the auricle. Its signs are a decrease in hearing, discharge from the ear, itching and sharp pain.
Antibiotic therapy is a traditional method of treatment. It stops the inflammatory process that can spread to nearby organs. But despite the use of antibacterial treatment, even the chronic form of otitis can be cured without antibiotics. This will help you drops for the ears, elderberry, chamomile, oak bark, calamus root and camel thorn grass. Also prepare cotton wool, alcohol, cloth, a bandage, sand or coarse salt, a canvas bag, phyto candles and cotton swabs to clear the ear canal.
In the treatment of otitis, it is important that it does not pass into a purulent form, therefore, it must be treated with the use of pharmacological drugs, supplementing their therapeutic effects with folk remedies. Of the drugs sold in the pharmacy, you can use the drops:
- "Vibrocil" - 4 drops in the ear 4 p. in a day;
- "Otinum" 4 drops 3 p. in a day;
- "Otipaks" 4 drops 3 p. in a day;
- "Polydex" 5 drops 2 p. in a day.
Drops better to bury in a slightly heated state. Before use, carefully read the instructions and all possible contraindications. If there is no discharge, you can make a warming compress. To do this, cut from wax paper and fabric a circle in the shape of the ear with a hole in the middle. Lubricate the skin around the ear with petroleum jelly or baby cream, moisten a cloth in a warm solution of alcohol, made in the ratio of 50 ml of water and 50 ml of alcohol. Cover the fabric with paper and leave the auricle outside. Put cotton on top of the paper, then fix it with a bandage and leave for 2 hours to warm the ear, also use sandbags and red-hot salt. After the warm-up procedure, be sure to keep your ear warm, you can tie your head with a woolen scarf.
Otitis media: herbal treatment
They will improve the condition of otitis fortified drinks, especially hot tea with honey, brewed leaves of raspberry, linden or currant, decoction of chamomile and rosehip. They should be drunk as often as possible. From decoctions of herbs, you can make special lotions. Take 2 tbsp. l chamomile or elderberry flowers, put them in gauze and pour boiling water over it. After 3 minutes, squeeze and attach closer to the ear canal. You can make lotions from the bark of oak, calamus root and Potentilla, thyme. You can take 1 tbsp. l finely chopped camel's thorn and pour 200 ml of boiling water, and, after holding for 5 minutes, strain and drink half a cup a day for 3 p.
Recommendations for the treatment of otitis media
If you are treating otitis media, health care is very important. Gargle with anti-inflammatory broth throat. Clean the auditory canals with cotton swabs, but do not overdo it or use wax candles with propolis for this.
The result of the treatment of otitis largely depends on the speed of recognition of symptoms. This will help to avoid a long period of treatment of the disease and complications such as chronic otitis, persistent hearing loss and mastoiditis.
Do not self-medicate acute otitis media, which is accompanied by an increase in temperature. In any case, it is necessary to consult a doctor in order not to provoke serious health consequences. Complications can be internal or chronic otitis media. It will help only drug treatment with antibiotics. When otitis disease should be avoided drafts, so as not to cause deterioration.
Otitis causes very unpleasant symptoms and can cause serious health problems. Early detection of otitis media, the appointment of treatment and the use of folk remedies that will help speed up the healing process, will help to preserve your health.