Ordinazole is a modern drug that is classified as an antiprotective and antimicrobial agent. It is used not only to prevent, but also to eliminate anaerobic infections, amebiasis, trichomoniasis, giardiasis.
Ordinazole: instructions for use and price
Experts say that the drug is not able to have a depressant effect on aldehyde dehydrogenases. It is because of this, ornidazole and alcohol are compatible. But despite this, during treatment it is worth refusing alcohol.
After ornidazole penetrates the digestive tract, very rapid absorption occurs. In about 3 hours, the drug reaches its maximum concentration. It enters directly into the cerebrospinal fluid, into the fluids and tissues of the body. Ordinazole is metabolized in the liver.
Approximately 13 hours is half-life. In the case of a single dose of the drug, approximately 85% will be excreted from the patient’s body during the first 5 days, with predominantly exiting as decay products. About 4% will be disposed of in the urine and in unchanged form.
Experts say that this drug is effective in the treatment of urinary infections, the formation of which can be triggered by vaginal trichomonas, both in women and men.
Ordinazole is used for amebiasis (a variety of intestinal infections that are directly related to the functioning of dysenteric amoeba, amebic abscess that occurs in the liver).
Also, this drug is prescribed for giardiasis. Ordinazole is also used as an effective prophylactic against various infections that were caused by anaerobes (for example, against the background of operations performed on the colon) in gynecology.
Before taking ordinazole, you should consult with your doctor. Experts advise to drink the medicine strictly after the meal. In the case of trichomoniasis, the agent is prescribed 500 mg 2 times a day (in the morning, in the evening). The full course of treatment is 5 days. To prevent secondary infection, the sexual partner also needs to undergo this therapeutic course. When treating this disease in children, 25 mg per day is prescribed per kg of baby weight. A single dose is the amount of medication received.
In the case of giardiasis, the medicine will be administered at 1.5 g each (provided that the patient weighs more than 35 kg), and the dose is taken once. It is necessary to take ordinazole in the evening. In the treatment of children weighing less than 35 kg, the drug is administered daily in 40 mg. The duration of therapeutic therapy is from 1 to 2 days.
During the course of treatment of anaerobic infections, ordinazole should be taken in 50 mg every 12 hours. In the case of amebiasis, the dosage of the drug will be chosen individually.
The drug can be used in the presence of hypersensitivity. To date, many studies have been conducted in which animals participated, and no teratogenic or toxic effect of the drug on the fetus was detected. But, at the same time, there were no adequately controlled studies with human participation. Consequently, ordinazole is prescribed solely for absolute reasons during pregnancy and breastfeeding.-
In the case of treatment with ordinazole, a mild feeling of drowsiness may be disturbing, and headaches and upset gastrointestinal disorders are possible. In some cases, dizziness, tremor, coordination disorder and short-term loss of consciousness are observed.
The number of negative consequences of taking this drug can be attributed to the presence of individual intolerance, there is the likelihood of signs of mixed neuropathy.
If an overdose of ordinazole occurs, side effects are intensified, the patient develops severe depression, and epileptiform seizures appear.
When prescribing ordinazole, increased caution must be observed in patients who have pathologies of the central nervous system (for example, they suffer from epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, lesions in the brain).
In the case of receiving higher doses of the drug, there is a risk of development in patients who consume alcohol in large quantities, as well as pregnant and lactating women, small children of hepatic dysfunction.
Analogues of ordinazole are the following drugs:
- Dazolik is prescribed for trichomiasis, giardiasis, amoebic dysentery, amebiasis, extraintestinal amebiasis, and also as a prophylactic agent for various infections that were caused by anaerobic bacteria, as in the case of gynecology, and colonic colon surgery;
- Meratin is prescribed for amebiasis, trichomoniasis, giardiasis, as a prophylactic agent for complications after surgery;
- Orgil is prescribed for trichomoniasis (in the case of urinary tract infections in men and women), giardiasis, amebiasis, as a prophylactic agent for various infections caused by surgery on the colon, as well as gynecology;
- Orzol is prescribed for severe amoebic dysentery, for all out-of-intestinal forms of amebiasis (liver abscess), as a prophylactic agent for various infections that were caused by anaerobic bacteria, in the case of surgery, in gynecology operations;
- Ornigil. Parenteral administration of the drug is prescribed for severe and acute infection or if oral administration is not possible in conditions and diseases provoked by the microflora of the drug-sensitive ordinazole (meningitis, septicemia, peritonitis, septic abortion, postpartum sepsis, endometritis, post-operative wound infections). As well as the prevention of various infections triggered by anaerobic bacteria, in the case of surgery (rectal and colon operations), gynecological operations, liver abscess, giardiasis, all types of extraintestinal amebiasis;
- Ornigil is prescribed for amebic dysentery, amebiasis, vaginitis, and trichomonasis;
- Ornizol is prescribed for trichomoniasis (in the case of urinogenital infections in men and women), amebiasis, giardiasis. As well as in the form of a prophylactic agent of various infections that can be triggered by anaerobic bacteria during surgical intervention;
- Ornisid is prescribed both in the treatment and in the prevention of anaerobic and protozoal bacterial infections, which include trichomoniasis, amebiasis, giardiasis;
- Protozal is prescribed for trichomoniasis, giardiasis, amebiasis, as a prophylactic agent for various infections, manifested in the form of complications after surgery, which can be triggered by anaerobic bacteria (particularly in operations in gynecology, on the rectum and colon);
- Tiberal is prescribed for trichomoniasis, amebiasis, giardiasis. And also in the form of a prophylactic agent of various infections triggered by anaerobic bacteria during surgical intervention.
In general, according to experts, ornidazole is an effective tool that helps to cope with various kinds of infections. If you have identified intolerance to this drug, the doctor can pick up a substitute from a wide list of analogues for you.