An excessive increase in body weight brings a lot of trouble, and not only aesthetic. Such a problem can trigger the occurrence of serious diseases. Especially destructive to health is obesity grade 3. How many extra pounds a person has with this disease and how to get rid of them?
In modern society, many prestigious professions are associated with a sedentary lifestyle and nervous overstrain. The shops and restaurants menu is full of dishes, which include a lot of harmful food additives. Unfortunately, these factors lead to the fact that among the visitors of clinics the number of obese patients increases.
Obesity and fatness are not synonymous
Minor overweight is not considered a disease - unlike obesity. Doctors diagnose 1 degree of this pathology, if a person weighs 20-29% more than the norm. This problem is characterized only by a deterioration of mood and the appearance of small figure flaws. Proper nutrition and moderate physical activity will quickly eliminate the sad tendency.
2 degree of obesity is determined if the weight is exceeded by 30-49%. In this case, begins fatigue, difficulty breathing, heart palpitations. These are the first bells of the fact that vital organs are under threat.
Patients who have become the 3rd step of this disease complain of:
- shortness of breath with slight physical exertion;
- swelling of the upper and lower extremities;
- backache, also in the hips and knees;
- pain in the heart, accompanied by tachycardia;
- discomfort in the stomach and intestines;
- low self-esteem;
- prolonged depression.
Fat deposits in such people are visible to the naked eye. They form folds on the body, while the skin may be inflamed, covered with sprains of purple hue.
To find out how much kg a person weighs with 3 degrees of obesity, one should calculate the mass index of his body according to the following formula: BMI = weight (kg) / height (m2). For example, a patient with a height of 1 m 60 cm becomes on the scales, and the figure 105 appears on the scoreboard. BMI = 105 kg / (1.6 * 1.6) m2 = 105 kg / 2.56 m2 = 41.01 kg / m2. So, the diagnosis was confirmed, since a BMI of 41 to 50 indicates 3 degrees of obesity, as can be seen by looking at the table with the values approved by WHO:
BMI 41-50: weight (kg)
If the necessary measures are not urgently taken, the development of pathological processes in the musculoskeletal system, the digestive system, the cardiovascular system will follow, and the lifespan will dramatically decrease.
Return harmony is difficult, but possible!
In the treatment of obesity grade 3 modern physicians use:
- medications that reduce appetite and reduce weight (only after consulting an endocrinologist);
- therapeutic diets;
- surgeries: liposuction (removal of fat deposits), gastric banding, gastro-and bilio-pancreatic shunting, placement of cylinders inside the stomach (ways to stop the ingestion of extra calories in the body).
Creating a menu for a person with this problem, you need to give an advantage:
- whole grain cereals;
- fat-burning vegetables: cabbage, cucumbers, zucchini, pumpkin, beets, green beans;
- low-sugar fruits and berries: cranberries, currants, Kalina, strawberries, green apples, citrus fruits;
- walnuts and hazelnuts;
- onions, lettuce, celery, dill, parsley, basil;
- milk, kefir, yogurt, low-fat sour cream;
- bran and rye bread.
It is strictly forbidden to use:
- cookies, cakes, pastries, buns, white bread;
- sugar, honey;
- ice cream;
- smoked meat and pickles;
- fatty, fried, salty dishes;
- hot spices;
- products containing palm oil;
- alcoholic beverages.
Eating should be in small portions 5-6 times a day, drink no more than 1 liter of liquid; daily calorie intake should not exceed 1300.
If a patient has obesity of grade 3, the diet is of paramount importance, because it is dietary restrictions and special preparations that form the basis of therapy, not physical exercise. In this state, a person painfully perceives sports activities, in addition, in this situation, their effectiveness is very low.
Obviously, a large amount of body fat is fraught with psychological and physical problems. The penultimate degree of obesity limits the mobility of a person, affects many organs, resulting in reduced life expectancy. The fight against dangerous disease must begin immediately. Dietary meals and medicines prescribed by the doctor, surgery (if necessary) will bring you well-being and attractive appearance.