Oatmeal in a healthy breakfast in popularity, perhaps, is in the first place. In Britain, for example, it is one of the traditional dishes of the morning diet. It is believed that one portion of porridge gives a charge of vigor, strength and energy for the whole day. Is it really? What benefit and harm has porridge Hercules?
Oatmeal, oatmeal and Hercules - what's the difference?
- Oatmeal is a whole grain cereal. To boil a portion of porridge will take 30-40 minutes.
- Oatmeal is the same grain, only peeled, steamed, flattened before the formation of thin slices. It takes only a few minutes to make flakes.
- Hercules is the commercial name for oatmeal.
- Oatmeal fast food. In it, oats are milled finely, which accelerates cooking, but also the absorption of nutrients from it proceeds faster, which, according to experts, is harmful.
What is the difference between Hercules and oatmeal? For the production of "Hercules" cereals are used premium. But for ordinary flakes: Grade 1 - whole groats; Grade 2 - cut, Grade 3 - cut, quickly boiled soft. On the packaging of flakes can be found the accompanying name - "Extra".
It should be said that after processing (steaming, pressing), oatmeal loses some of its useful properties. Therefore, nutritionists do not advise much to lean on the flakes, preferring whole grains.
The calorie content of the product is quite large. Porridge made from ordinary oat flakes will be 303 kcal per 100 g. If you cook porridge from cereals, then 100 g will be 342 kcal. Calorie porridge Hercules - 352 kcal per 100 g
The benefits and harms porridge Hercules
To begin with, consider what are the useful properties of porridge Hercules?-
- The product is approved for use by people suffering from diabetes. It has a low glycemic index.
- Calcium contained in the product is a necessary building material for bones, cartilage, joints, ligaments, teeth, including muscles.
- Regular use of the product is recommended as a prevention of cardiovascular diseases.
- It prevents the formation of cholesterol plaques, reduces the level of harmful cholesterol.
- Replenishes strength and energy reserve.
- Quickly saturates the body.
- It has a positive effect on the nervous system.
- Vegetable fiber is useful in disorders of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Cleansing the body of toxins.
- It has regenerating properties
- Protection in the endocrine glands.
- Easily digestible product.
- Antioxidants affect the aging process of the body. Especially this property of the product is valued in the preparation of homemade skin care cosmetics.
- Positive factors influencing human brain activity, in particular, mental development, are also noted.
The beneficial properties of Hercules are undeniable. Nevertheless, the product is harmful. Excessive consumption is fraught with excretion of calcium from the body. Oatmeal is contraindicated in case of pollen (cereal intolerance), kidney and heart failure.
How to cook oatmeal Hercules?
Hercules porridge can be cooked in milk and water. Flakes of 10 minutes are cooked. Season with butter, honey, pieces of fruit, dried fruits, candied fruits, nuts, raisins.
Step by Step Cooking Guidelines
- cereal to liquid proportions: 1: 3 - liquid porridge, 1: 2 - medium consistency; 1: 1 - thick;
- cereal wash is not necessary;
- when the liquid boils, salt, sweeten and after a couple of minutes, gently pour the flakes;
- cook for the first 4 minutes on high heat, stirring constantly;
- further over low heat until ready (the flake manufacturers indicate the exact cooking time on the packaging);
- insist 5 minutes;
- spice up.
Oatmeal is considered the most useful porridge. This is a good way of fast and high-quality saturation, recuperation, both for children and for adults. The dish is included in many versions of the diet menu. But it is worth remembering that the abuse of the product is fraught with undesirable consequences.