Appetite comes with eating, but not all. And the very lack of appetite as such does not bode well. Usually, when a person eats little or does not eat at all, he is sick. Seeing a doctor in this case is a mandatory measure. Another thing is that choosing a doctor can put you in a dead end. It depends on what reason you are not eating. "Refusers" from eating can be visited by a large number of doctors - these are psychiatrists, neuropathologists, gastroenterologists, endocrinologists, and nutritionists. Refusal to eat affects all the functions of your body, and not only the stomach, as many people think.
But we must understand that lack of appetite is understood as an unconscious or conscious systematic denial of food. If you do not want to eat porridge for two days in a row, you like ham more - it is not a disease, a malfunction or pathology. But if your weight drops sharply due to malnutrition, you are indifferent even to your favorite delicacy, food does not bring you a feeling of fullness or satisfaction - these are signs of a serious deviation. To diagnose some forms of the disease is very difficult. But to cure one or another ailment yourself is a very bad idea. A qualified doctor, and better and not one - this is the way out of this situation.
Causes of reduced appetite
- Stomach problems, such as gastritis, ulcers, stomach cancer, may well cause a refusal to eat. The doctors can make the last diagnosis if the patient has been eating very little for a long time, is losing weight before his eyes, or is eating something that he had never wanted before: chalk, coal, etc.
- Psychological reason for the rejection of food may be sitofobiya. It occurs, for example, if a chronic ulcer, experiencing pain when eating food, stops using it. Psychological trauma or mental illness can also trigger sitophobia.
- Anorexia - loss of appetite during diet. Most women and only a small percentage of men suffer from this disease. It is mental and rather difficult to cure. The complete depletion of the body, physical, moral and mental, which often leads to death, is the result of a long hunger strike. Anorexia is one of the most dangerous diseases in the world, it is not easy to diagnose, because people suffering from this disorder think that they are absolutely healthy. This is what sometimes causes severe forms of the disease, after which it is very difficult to recover and return to normal life. Girls who have had anorexia, with great difficulty adapting again to the "normal appetite."
In all cases of refusal to eat it is necessary to urgently consult a doctor. The sooner the disease is diagnosed, the sooner the help from the doctors will come.
What is appetite? Types of appetite
This word can be translated from Latin as “aspiration”. The lexical meaning of the word "appetite" is a feeling, a feeling that causes a living being to saturate its body with nutrients, first of all from a moral point of view and only then from a physical one.
The hypothalamus is the part of the brain responsible for controlling food. A person’s desire for satiety comes from the brain, not from the stomach. That is why most diets are based on psychological trainings that teach you to refuse excess food "in the head."-
Appetite is of two types - general and specialized. A common appetite is a person’s desire to eat all kinds of foods. The second type of appetite is more profile and selective. In the second case, you can understand what your body lacks - proteins, fats or carbohydrates.
How to deal with lack of appetite?
The popular method of appetite return is the first thing that comes to your mind. But first it is better to consult a doctor.
- In order to understand what you want, concentrate and remember all your favorite dishes and foods. If in this case you did not feel anything and did not want to eat delicious, then your road should be laid on the market or in the supermarket.
- Walk through each department, especially carefully look at those that have not previously entered. Perhaps some product from there will interest you.
- The next way to raise a little, even if artificially, is to visit friends. On holidays there are always a variety of dishes. Try those who have never eaten before. And you feel good, and the hostess will be pleased that you eat her cooking.
- Another way out - change the kitchen. And best of all, go to ethnic restaurants and cafes. Who knows, you might be attracted by Indian or Moroccan food.
- Traditional medicine does not always bear fruit, if we talk about appetite, so the very first step that you will have to do is to see a doctor.
Lack of appetite has a whole bunch of reasons, ranging from minor poisoning to lingering depression. To treat in this case with broths and grandmother's tinctures we do not recommend. Medical care - this is the only correct choice.
Food should bring a person not only energy and nourish his body, but also the soul. The pleasure of this or that food makes a person really happy. Remember the American contests for eating hot dogs for a while. These people are ready to eat dozens of hot dogs, and that makes them happy. Let your food nourish you both physically and spiritually. And if you don’t want to see her anymore, go to the doctor. Do not be ill and quickly return yourself to the set table and the guests behind it.