Nettle is known to each of us for its burning leaves. It grows almost everywhere. From it boil green borsch and add to salads. But besides this, nettle has many useful properties. It has long and firmly taken its rightful place among the herbs used in traditional medicine.
Useful composition of nettle
Nettle owes its healing properties to those beneficial substances that are part of it. These include resinous and tannins, glycoside and lecithin, organic acids necessary for the proper development of body cells, enzymes that have a positive effect on the gastrointestinal tract, mineral salts: potassium and calcium, copper and iron; carotene, chlorophyll, ascorbic acid.
Nettle contains a lot of vitamins C and A, K and B1, B2 and B3. Nettle contains so many of them that it can fill the daily need for them.
The healing properties of nettle
- Nettle is used as an excellent means to stop uterine, nasal, pulmonary and gastrointestinal bleeding.
- Infusions and decoctions of nettle help to increase the amount of hemoglobin in the blood. In anemia, they will be indispensable.
- Nettle is able to normalize digestive processes, adjust the composition and amount of intestinal flora, improve fermentation.
- It is used to treat inflammation of the urinary tract, hepatitis, diabetes, urolithiasis, inflammation in the digestion, hemorrhoids, and rheumatism.
- Nettle has excellent bactericidal properties, so the powder from the sun-dried nettle will be very useful for the treatment of purulent ulcers and wounds.
How is nettles used?
- From the young leaves of nettle they prepare very healthy and quite tasty salads. To fight against avitaminosis from nettle, you can make healthy green borscht or cabbage soup (read about this in the article How to make green borscht with nettle?).
- For the treatment of hemorrhoidal pain, take nettle leaves and buckthorn bark 1 to 1. Then 3 tbsp. l this mixture, pour 1 liter of water and boil for 10 minutes. Take before a meal for half an hour a glass a day 3 p.
- To stop the bleeding, take the plantain leaves, the roots and the grass of the nettle 1 to 1. Then 2 tbsp. l Pour 0.5 boiling water. Leave it for an hour. Drink warm to 0.5 cups per day 3 p. half an hour before meals.
- To relieve pain with spurs, it is necessary to crush the leaves and roots of nettle, and then apply the mixture to the sore spot. Before that, steam your feet in water with sea salt.
- For the treatment of rheumatism from fresh nettle leaves, you need to squeeze the juice and drink 0.5 cups, adding 1 tbsp. l honey
- In diseases of the liver 2 tbsp. l nettle roots pour 0.5 boiling water. Leave it for an hour. Take a day 4 p. in 30 minutes before meals for 0, 5 glasses.
- For the treatment of inflammation of the kidneys and urolithiasis in a glass of boiling water, brew 2 tsp. dry nettle leaves. After that, hold for 20 minutes in a water bath. It is necessary to drink on 0,5 glasses before food 2 rubles, adding honey.
- As a vitamin, you can prepare a mixture of 2 tbsp. l black currant berries and nettle leaves, 1 tbsp. l grated carrots and wild rose berries. Then pour 2 tbsp. l the resulting mixture with 2 cups boiling water and leave for an hour. Drink 4 p. per day 0.5 cups.
Useful properties of nettle in the care of female beauty
- With the help of nettle, you can prepare a conditioner, which will help to preserve the light shade of dyed hair and give them the effect of burnt hair. In addition, it will improve their condition. You will need 30 g of nettle, 30 g of dry chamomile and half a liter of water. Mix and chop the herb, then cover with water and bring to a boil using a water bath. Leave it for 30 minutes. then strain and after washing 2 p. rinse. Repeat the procedure 1 p. in 10 days. After applying it, the hair becomes shiny and combed well.
- To strengthen and improve hair growth, you can prepare an infusion of nettle. To do this, take 1 tbsp. l dry nettle leaves and cover them with 1 cup boiling water. Leave it for an hour. Rub the infusion into the scalp or rinse the hair after another hair wash. One of the most ancient recipes for hair care is a decoction of nettle with honey. To prepare it, take 100 g of dry or fresh nettle leaves, pour 1 liter of boiling water. Then add 1 tbsp. l honey and leave for 1 hour, then strain. Then in a basin with warm water, dissolve 3 cups of broth and wash your head with this water without using any cosmetics. After drying, the hair will immediately acquire a healthy shine, becoming silky.
Who is not recommended to use nettle?
Despite its benefit, it is best to abstain from people eating nettle varicose veins and thrombophlebitis. Nettle has the ability to stop the blood, thickening it, and this can worsen the condition in such diseases. Nettle is absolutely contraindicated for pregnant women because it can provoke labor and premature labor in them. No other contraindications have been found for nettle, for all the others it will only bring benefit.
Nettle is able to fill the daily need for vitamins A and C. In its composition are essential oils and organic acids that help fight muscle pain, radiculitis, rheumatism, anemia, liver and heart diseases.
Nettle can help in the fight with spring avitaminosis. No wonder our ancient ancestors called nettle grass of the sun and used its seeds, roots and leaves to treat a variety of diseases.