Culinary tradition of our lands is plentiful drink and food during the holidays with all the ensuing consequences. Many people like tasty fatty foods and often exceed the permissible rate, which causes protest in the body. How to be in such cases? So, "Mezim" - from what helps, how and when to take it?
"Mezim" is a combination of digestive enzymes. These enzymes are usually produced by the pancreas and play an important role in the breakdown of fats, proteins and carbohydrates. The drug is used as a replacement when the pancreas does not produce enough of its enzymes.
The active substance "Mezim" is pancreatin, which is the concentrated contents of the pancreas of pigs and cattle. It consists of:
Outwardly, it is a gray and yellowish powder with a certain odor, which does not have crystals and is poorly soluble in water. In addition to pancreatin, with a fixed boundary of enzymatic activity, the tablet contains fillers and a film coating. The first ones are microcrystalline cellulose, modified starch, silicon dioxide, food emulsifier.
Film coating consists of talc, hypromellose, simethicone emulsion, polyacrylate dispersion, food additives and dyes. The shell is necessary so that in the acidic environment of the stomach the active ingredient does not lose its activity. It is made in the enteric version, that is, the enzymatic activity of the drug is manifested only after entering the duodenum. This is precisely the reason why Mezim tablets should not be chewed or taken with a broken shell - using the drug in this form will not give the expected effect.
Our body needs "Mezime" in such cases:
- In case of dysfunction of the gastrointestinal tract, which has arisen due to the weakened production of pancreatic enzymes.
- If you develop pathological conditions and processes in the digestive organs, due to inflammation and degenerative changes in the tissues.
- When violations of the functions of the digestive tract, such as bloating, diarrhea and other disorders caused by causes associated with surgical treatment, the use of chemotherapy. In these cases, "Mezim" is used in complex treatment as an additional means.
- Before conducting studies of the abdominal cavity during preparation.
- To help the body in dealing with the consequences of immoderation in food, if the diet is dominated by fatty foods or overnight foods that are not compatible with each other, as well as an unbalanced transition from diet to general diet. In these cases, the drug can improve the digestive process and prevent problems with the gastrointestinal tract.
One of the problems with the digestive tract - a burning sensation in the chest. People who experience it often have a question whether Mezim helps with heartburn. This drug is able to help only if the cause of discomfort is the lack of enzymes that can be replenished by taking the remedy. In general, drugs with the active ingredient Pancreatin are not shown for heartburn.
We read the instructions to the drug
Even the knowledge that Mezim Forte helps from does not exempt from the need for detailed study of the instructions for use of the drug.
Indications and contraindications
Cases and conditions in which our body will need "Mezim Forte", already described above. We will outline the range of diseases below, when taking this drug will, if not cured, then alleviate the suffering:-
- diseases and disorders of the stomach and duodenum;
- liver disease;
- gallbladder disease;
- diseases and disorders of the pancreas;
- functional disorders and intestinal disorders;
- postoperative syndromes in the digestive tract;
- diagnostic goals, training;
- unacceptable diet and negative eating habits;
- intestinal infections.
The use of the drug "Mezim" is prohibited if the patient's immune system reacts unnecessarily to any component of the composition, that is, hypersensitivity is manifested. In addition, "Mezim" can not be taken in the period of the acute course of chronic pancreatitis, as well as in the acute inflammation of the pancreas.
Subtleties of application
The drug is taken orally before meals or during the meal. As noted above, tablets can not be chewed. The dosage for adults consists of 1-2 tablets up to three times a day before meals. If justified, an additional dose of 1-4 tablets is allowed during the meal.
In pediatrics, the use of "Mezim" is possible only on the recommendation of the doctor and in the doses prescribed by him. With improper diet therapeutic course may consist of a single dose or 3-day.
In the case of serious pathologies, when an additional supply of enzymes in the body is necessary, it is possible to use the product for up to several months or years. But the regimen and dosage is determined by the attending physician individually, based on the severity of the patient's condition.
One of the nuances of the use of "Mezim" - its negative impact on the absorption of iron while taking iron-containing drugs. Drugs taken to reduce the acidity, reduce the effect of taking enzymes.
It is also worth noting that the reception of "Mezima Forte" during pregnancy and lactation is allowed only by doctor's prescription with a balanced approach to determining the predominance of possible positive effects for the mother over the negative impact on the health of the child.
Accompany the reception of "Mezim" can separate the consequences of a negative nature:
- allergic reactions;
- discomfort in the epigastric region;
- change in stool density.
Summing up, I must say that it is possible to prescribe this drug for yourself in isolated cases related to overeating. Experiments, for example, to determine whether Mezim will help from heartburn or any other pathological condition associated with the digestive organs, are not worth it. In case of disturbing symptoms, you should consult a doctor for expert advice.