Not many people know about healthy foods like kerob and carob syrup. They are made from the fruit of the carob tree, which is grown in Cyprus. Kerob is a powder from the fruit of this tree, it is a substitute for cocoa and is used for the preparation of confectionery products. Syrup is used as a natural sweetener, they are recommended to replace sugar. Cyprus actively use products from the carob tree in the food industry, but in our country only fans of healthy food and paleo-diets know about them.
Carob: useful properties
People like kerob for being a completely natural product and not containing extraneous chemicals and preservatives. Unlike cocoa, carob products do not stimulate the central nervous system and do not increase blood pressure. In kerob there is no caffeine and theobromine, which are part of coffee and cocoa, so it can be given even to children up to a year. People with diseases of the heart, blood vessels and high blood pressure should be replaced with the consumption of coffee and chocolate dishes from keroba. And for those who have diabetes, it will be useful to abandon sugar substitutes and go to carob syrup.
Kerob in the form of powder and syrup is conveniently added to pastries and confectionery, in this case it will not be necessary to put ordinary sugar, because kerob itself is 2 times sweeter than it. Scientists have found that there are no oxalates, cholesterol and phenylethylamine in the carob tree, so it is useful for people who suffer from migraines and vegetative-vascular dystonia.
If you have kidney stones, and doctors have forbidden to eat sweets and pastries, you can safely use kerob. It will not affect the absorption of calcium from food. Allergic reactions in children is an actual problem today. Even small amounts of chocolate can cause a rash. Children love sweets very much and you can cook them yourself on the basis of kerob. By the way, in baby puree cocoa and sugar are usually replaced with carob products.
The main beneficial properties of kerob:
- Restores the normal functioning of the intestines.
- Improves the metabolic processes in the body.
- Prevents the onset of hypertension symptoms.
- Increases the overall tone of the body.
- It helps in the treatment of diseases of the bronchi and lungs.
- Promotes rapid recovery from viral infections.
- It saturates the body with calcium (it is 3 times more in a kerob than in dairy products) and vitamin E.
- Strengthens the heart and blood vessels.
- Enriches the body with iron and treats anemia.
- Helps to heal wounds, especially those that are in the mouth.
- Lowers cholesterol.
- It helps to remove heavy metals and radioactive elements from the body.
- It is recommended to use kerob in the course of treatment of allergies and breathing difficulties on the background of allergic reactions.
- Accelerates metabolism and lowers appetite, useful for losing weight.
- Strengthens the body's immune defense.
- It has a slight diuretic effect.
Chocolate is considered a high-calorie product, but 100 g of kerob contains only 220 kcal, 1 g of fat, 49 g of carbohydrates and 4 g of protein. Therefore, if you decide to follow a diet for weight loss, replace the chocolate products with dishes with kerob. From the carob tree you can make a delicious drink that will be a great alternative to cocoa. The powder must be dissolved in water with a temperature of 90 degrees, sugar or honey should not be put. Kerob itself is very sweet. You can supplement the drink with milk, it will not bind calcium and prevent the absorption of milk fat. Homemade sweets made from dried fruits and nuts are very useful, they have recently become very popular. If you watch your diet and want to eat food free from chemicals and preservatives with dyes, prepare the candy yourself, adding to them a useful kerob. Such sweets can be given even to very young children.
Powder and carob syrup goes well with cottage cheese, coconut flakes and fruit. It can be put in any homemade pastry and pastries. Carob syrup can be put in coffee and tea, various drinks and desserts, based on it prepare a lot of sauces and gravy, especially in Eastern cuisine.-
Carob syrup has almost no contraindications. Everybody can eat it, regardless of age and state of health. Only in very rare cases is individual intolerance to products made from the carob tree.
Carob syrup: instruction by use
Kerob syrup can be purchased at some organic food stores and pharmacies, and now this product is sold online. Carob syrup is a brown liquid that resembles ordinary sugar syrup. Prepare the syrup from the fruit, which is crushed into small pieces and soaked in water, and then evaporated. This is done on a huge industrial scale, the syrup that is sold from us is made mainly in Cyprus. In addition to the food industry, the product is used by cosmetic and pharmaceutical companies.
The most common ways to use syrup from kerob:
- The composition of the syrup from the carob tree found a high content of pectin, organic acids, starch, tannins and vegetable protein. In addition, this product has a lot of natural sugar, trace elements and vitamins of group B. In this regard, it is widely used for the production of pharmacological agents. Syrup perfectly helps to recover from a cold, restore the work of the digestive system, get rid of nervous disorders and sleep disorders, insomnia. It cleanses the body and removes decay products from it.
- Kerob in the form of powder and syrup is recommended to be used with diarrhea and other digestive disorders. It is taken 30 minutes before eating 3-4 times a day. Single dose of syrup - 1 tbsp. l children can also be given this product, but only from 2 years.
- When coughing, flu and ARVI syrup is taken by dissolving it previously in water at a temperature of 60 degrees. Syrup mixed with 1 tbsp. I drink warm water 4 times a day until complete recovery. You should not increase a single dose of kerob, if you want to speed up the effect, drink it 6 times a day.
- The remedy also helps with headaches and migraines, which were caused by neurological disorders and are accompanied by sleep disorders. In such situations, the syrup is taken within 3 months 6 times a day. A single dose should be no more than 1 tbsp. l then they take a break in 2 weeks and the course is renewed. The optimal number of courses - 2.
- For the prevention of various disorders and prevention of diseases, it is recommended to replace sugar with syrup from kerob. Syrup can be put in the required quantities in tea, coffee and other drinks. Gum, which is contained in large quantities in the carob tree is used in the manufacture of a variety of cosmetics. Kerob can be added in small quantities in homemade masks and scrubs for face and body.
- Kerob syrup is an excellent dietary supplement to food. It is recommended to drink it every day. Powder or syrup in the amount of 1 tbsp. l diluted in 1 tbsp. warm clear water and drink before meals. Taking kerob, it will be easier to follow a diet or is on fasting.
- Scheme for weight loss. Drink syrup no more than 2 times a day and 1 tbsp. l for 1 reception. Optimally 1 reception before dinner, and 2 before dinner. After 2 weeks, enter 3 in the morning before breakfast.
See also:Sugar substitute sugar: reviews
Kerob is a useful product that is recommended for everyone. If you want to preserve health for many years, replace them with sugar and put it in baking instead of cocoa. While losing weight, it is not enough to take carob syrup, although it contributes to weight loss. It is also necessary to normalize the diet and include at least light physical activity in your daily schedule.