Lipu is revered since ancient times. About her sang and composed verses. In some traditions, she personifies masculine power and power, as well as feminine perception and contemplation. Lipa is considered a symbol of friendship and loyalty. Appreciate it and for healing properties. Linden blossom - a common remedy of traditional medicine. So, linden flowers: useful properties and contraindications.
What is useful and who are contraindicated linden flowers?
Lipa is a magnificent tree. Its leaves have a silver luster and give a feeling of lightness, and the branches of the tree bring freshness and shade on hot days. Refined aroma of lime color is appreciated by bees. They flock to her to collect nectar and produce fragrant lime honey.
Linden flowers are harvested, usually in early summer. The harvest period is very short and lasts from 2 to 3 days. The best time to collect is when a few flowers are open on the tree, and the rest are still in the bud. For centuries, healers have made preparations based on lime blossom and its bark. They were dried, crushed and added to food. Lipa has always been valued for its sedative and soothing qualities.
Herbal tea, made from dried leaves and flowers, remains the most famous form of linden drinking. In 1709, the court physician of the French king wrote that a decoction of lime, especially of young shoots, removes dropsy, that is, can be used for edema or heart failure.
During World War II, dried linden leaves were ground into flour; they were valued for their nutritional qualities and protein content. From 1 kg of fresh leaves received 300 g of flour. Currently linden is used as a medicinal plant in various forms, such as:
- water extracts;
- homeopathic remedies;
- biologically active additives.
Healing properties of lime
Linden flowers are used for both internal and external use. Let us dwell on this in more detail. So, the systematic use of tea, infusions and decoctions on the basis of lime color affects our body as follows:
- When nervous disorders reduces spasms, palpitations, relieves headaches, tension, anxiety, anxiety, fatigue, normalizes sleep.
- In gastrointestinal disorders, it reduces spasms and heals digestive problems associated with stress.
- Treats colds, reduces nasal discharge, reduces fever.
External use of linden flowers is recommended in such cases:
- with manifestations of urticaria and skin irritation;
- rashes and itching;
- with dry skin and cracking.
There are other therapeutic indications for the use of lime blossom:
- Linden is known for its calming effect;
- it reduces stress;
- eliminates the alarm condition;
- helps to lower blood pressure and has a diuretic effect;
- used with long-term treatment of hypertension in combination with atherosclerosis;
- considered effective for treating gout or acute rheumatism;
- its benefits are also recognized for removing toxins and cleaning the liver;
- reduces the level of cholesterol and uric acid;
- some herbalists recommend it for the treatment of diseases of the thyroid gland;
- It is possible to use lime blossom as part of the diet for weight loss.
Linden active ingredients
For phytotherapy, in addition to lime blossom, sapwood is also used. This is a thin layer of wood that is immediately under the bark. Linden sapwood has a yellowish, sometimes reddish, pinkish or greenish shade and exudes the smell of pollen. The composition of linden flowers mainly include flavonoids, kaempferol and quercetin, caffeic acid, gluten, essential oil and tannins.-
Speaking about the beneficial properties of linden flowers, it is impossible not to say about contraindications. In principle, linden does not give any side effects and can be used by the whole family. There are no special precautions for its use in recommended doses in herbal medicine.
However, the use of lime in large quantities can lead to mild digestive disorders without consequences, so it is advisable to take herbal remedies in recommended doses. It is best to seek the advice of your doctor or pharmacist before beginning a long-term treatment or during pregnancy.
Reviews and opinions of experts and users
Many herbalists say that with high cholesterol and atherosclerotic plaques will help complex treatment with herbs and linden flowers. This is confirmed by user reviews. Here is what they advise:
- Dried lime color must be crushed to the state of flour, you can use a coffee grinder.
- Linden flour should be taken one teaspoon and washed down with plain water.
- The number of receptions - 3 times during the day. The course of treatment is two months with a two-week break after the first month of therapy.
In combination with a fake color, for infusions of choleretic effect, extracts of bitter herbs - immortelle, milk thistle, tansy. In the process of treatment follow a vitamin diet. Cholesterol normalizes within 2-3 months.
To cleanse the body is also very useful infusion of lime blossom:
- Two teaspoons of dried linden flowers pour one cup of hot water.
- Cover and let sit for about 15 minutes.
- After linden infusion, strain and drink at least three times a day.
In the responses of many women it is said that the lime blossom contributes to weight loss. So, linden flowers will help lose weight primarily to those who have the appearance of excess weight due to excess fluid in the body. Linden blossom is a powerful diuretic. The recipe is:
- A tablespoon of dry lime blossom should be boiled with boiling water, let it brew for 15–20 minutes, strain and drink.
- A cup of this tea should be drunk half an hour before meals.
Lipa will remove excess fluid from the body, improve metabolism and digestion, which will reduce body fat. However, those who hope to lose weight only with the help of lime, are a little mistaken. Lime tea nutritionists recommend as part of a diet.
Also keep in mind that linden flowers contain phytoestrogen, which can affect the hormonal balance of a woman, so consult with your doctor before using them. Good luck to you!