Licorice is also called licorice or yellow root. This is a truly unique medicinal plant that can cure many diseases. In addition, a real source of vitamins and mineral salts.
Licorice useful properties
Licorice - one of those plants that has a huge number of useful properties. This is due to valuable substances that are present in its composition. These include sucrose, flavonoids, mineral salts, glycosides, pectin substances, essential oil, vitamins.
- The plant has powerful expectorant and diuretic effects. In addition, licorice is characterized by antispasmodic, enveloping, anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic, laxative, and some other properties. Due to this, the plant has found its use in the fight against a large number of ailments. These are allergic dermatitis and eczema, gastric and duodenal ulcer, acute tonsillitis and urticaria, gastritis.
- You can’t do without a yellow root even if you have caught an acute respiratory disease, accompanied by a strong cough. Liquorice will not only get rid of it, but also relieve the resulting inflammation. Medicinal plant is widely used in the treatment of bronchitis, tracheitis and pneumonia.
- Diabetes mellitus is also an indication for licorice. To get rid of its unpleasant symptoms, you can use the help of special dietary supplements containing plant extract.
- Licorice is often used in the treatment of the following diseases: chronic hepatitis, Addison's disease, lupus erythematosus, pemphigus, arthritis. For help to her often turn to food or drug poisoning.
Licorice root syrup how to take
Licorice root syrup is a medicinal product created on the basis of vegetable raw materials. It is obtained from the rhizomes of a plant with a pronounced therapeutic effect.
The composition of the syrup is rich in nutrients. It contains 27 flavonoid compounds, as well as essential oils and polysaccharides. B100 g bottle of the drug contains 4 g of yellow root extract, 10 g of 96% ethanol and 86 g of sugar syrup. Due to this, licorice root is a modern herbal preparation having a high therapeutic effect.
Syrup is a thickish brown liquid with a tart odor and a sweetish taste.
Use it advise those who wantachieve an expectorant, anti-inflammatory, immunostimulating, regenerating, antispasmodic or antiviral effect. There is a drug and a pronounced antitumor effect.
When taking this drug you need to comply with the recommended dosage to achieve the desired therapeutic effect.
Dosage at 3 times a day is as follows:-
- for adults - 1 dl., diluted in 1/2 cup of boiled water;
- children over 12 years old - 1 tsp. diluted in 1/4 cup of boiled water;
- children from 2 to 12 years old - 1/2 tsp, diluted in 1/4 cup of water;
- children up to 2 years old - 2 drops per 1 l. boiled water.
- The course of treatment is from 7 to 10 days.
Tincture of licorice root
Tincture of licorice root is used to treat gastric and duodenal ulcers.
Licorice rhizomes contain glycyrrhizin, which is several dozen times sweeter than regular sugar and acts like a steroid hormone - cortisone. The tincture has anti-inflammatory, antihistamine, anti-allergic effects. And it regulates the water-salt metabolism. Protecting the endocrine and immune systems, the drug has a tonic effect and helps well in the prevention and treatment of conditions that are associated with inhibition of the activity of the central nervous system, so it is often used as an antidepressant.
Therapeutic efficacy of tincture is manifested in antispasmodic and tonic effect, protection of the mucous with increased secretion of the gastric glands. Thanks to the expectorant, diuretic, enveloping and choleretic drugs the drug is widely used in folk medicine along with other means of herbal medicine.
- Despite the fact that licorice is a truly valuable and useful medicinal plant, it should be used rationally. Do not overdo it and do not use the tool constantly. This can adversely affect your overall well-being. Prolonged use of this plant leads to a sharp increase in blood pressure, as a consequence - the development of edema. Hypertension is one of the first contraindications of licorice.
- It is necessary to refuse medical preparation with liquorice, people suffering from diseases of the liver, kidneys and heart. Those who have an insignificant level of potassium in the blood expose themselves to serious danger. Contraindications apply to people who have problems with organs of sight. For example, in case of glaucoma, licorice should be used with great care.
- The plant is dangerous for men suffering from erectile dysfunction or infertility.
- It also weakens the libido. It is necessary to refuse the use of licorice in the form of syrup or tincture to people who constantly use hormonal contraceptives. Side effects from the use of this plant in this case will not be long in coming.
- Carefully give the medicine to children, remember that the drug contains 96% ethyl alcohol.
Before you start taking medicinal licorice, weigh the pros and cons, consult with a specialist. If there are no contraindications, then the positive effect of the yellow root will certainly please you. Be healthy!
Especially for womeninahomeoffice.com.ru- CNezhana