Iron deficiency anemia is a disease characterized by a decrease in hemoglobin in the blood. According to the results of research and statistics in the world about two billion people suffer from iron deficiency anemia of varying severity. Children and lactating women are especially susceptible to this disease: every third child in the world suffers from anemia, almost all lactating women have anemia. What are its signsHow to cure iron deficiency anemia?
Symptoms of iron deficiency anemia
Signs of this disease are not always pronounced. Quite often, this pathology may flow asymptomatically, and be detected when tests are done on another occasion.
But there are some signs by which you can determine the onset of anemia, and start treatment in time:
- Nails begin to exfoliate and deform in every way, for example, the surface of the nail becomes wavy.
- Hair split, become dry.
- The skin becomes pale and dry.
- In the corners of the mouth periodically appear "zady".
- Ailments and general weakness become almost constant companions.
- Frequent headache and dizziness are also symptoms of iron deficiency anemia.
- Before the eyes can often flash black flies, until the loss of consciousness.
- In some degrees of anemia, gustatory and olfactory distortions can occur.
- When dry foods are swallowed, there may be some difficulties; food often becomes lumpy in the throat.
- When iron deficiency anemia is often observed absent-mindedness, students and students are poorly exposed to the educational process.
- Among women anemia can manifest itself disruption of the menstrual cycle.
- Anemia helps to reduce immunity, and as a result, frequent colds.
- Frequent shortness of breath is another symptom of iron deficiency anemia.
- Palpitations are often rapid, memory loss, loss of appetite, and varying degrees of sleep disturbance.
Treatment of iron deficiency anemia medicamentally
Drug treatment of iron deficiency anemia has a comprehensive approach. One of the main treatment conditions is the administration of preparations containing iron for several months.
- Oral medication (taken by mouth) should never be combined with intramuscular medication. You need to choose one thing. Reception of drugs is carried out within four - six months, besides, within two months reception of the same preparations is carried out, but in smaller doses.
- Be sure to strictly monitor that others do not enter your body. drugs containing iron. For example, if you take iron supplements to treat anemia, vitamins that you take in parallel should not contain iron.
- The use of iron-containing drugs is best to drink acidic juices. Acid provides maximum absorption of iron into the body. Juices can be orange, grapefruit, pomegranate, lemon, apple. In addition, well suited cranberry juice and dogrose broth.
- Be sure to exclude the combination of iron - calcium. Otherwise, neither one nor the other element will be learned.
- In addition to iron-containing drugs, you should use a drug containing vitamin B12.
Treatment of iron deficiency anemia with a special diet
There are certain foods that contain large amounts of iron and are able to assist in the treatment of iron deficiency anemia.
- Egg yolks
- White mushrooms
- Soya beans
- The nuts
- Lettuce leaves
- Dried apricots
The doctor must prescribe a special diet, which should be followed in order to recover as soon as possible. The diet is dominated by "red" meats, such as veal and red vegetables and fruits.
Be sure to use foods containing vitamin C, especially rich in this vitamin wild rose, bell pepper and citrus fruits. Tea, coffee and dairy products are minimized. Ideally, these foods should be generally excluded from the diet.
For foods containing iron, read more in the article Iron in food.
Treatment of iron deficiency anemia folk remedies
There are some recipes that help get rid of iron deficiency anemia, in combination with medication.
- Take carrot juice, red beet and black radish in equal quantities. Mix the juices, pour into a cast-iron container and leave to steam for three hours. Take the resulting liquid in 1 tbsp. three times a day, before meals.
- Take 100 grams of bitter wormwood, which was collected in May, cover the grass with half a liter of vodka and leave to stand in a dry place for at least three weeks. The resulting infusion to take 1-5 drops, dissolved in 30 ml of water, on an empty stomach.
- Take 300 grams of garlic, pour it with 1 l of alcohol and leave to infuse for three weeks. The resulting tincture should be consumed as follows: 20 drops of it dissolve in half a glass of milk and take three times a day. More effective intake of tincture in its pure form every day.
- For for treating iron deficiency anemia in children The following method works well: take 10 g of flowers of meadow clover, fill them with 1 tablespoon of boiling water, leave to stand for 45 minutes. Then, strain and give the child 2 tbsp. 3 times a day.
Treatment of iron deficiency anemia with aromatherapy
- The following aroma oils are very effective in treating iron deficiency anemia: grapefruit oil, orange and lemon oil, thyme oil, chamomile oil, nutmeg, mandarin, oregano, pine, spruce and cedar.
- With anemia, accompanied by heavy periods, You will need oils of cypress, clove, marjoram, geranium, cinnamon, nutmeg and hyssop.
- If anemia is accompanied by general weakness of the body and increased fatigue, use oils of verbena, basil, ylang-ylang, incense, ginger, juniper, lemon balm, thuja, mint, sage and thyme.
Using all of the above treatment of iron deficiency anemia in the complex, you will be guaranteed a speedy recovery. In addition, you can also use breathing exercises to combat anemia. You can read more about this in the article Respiratory Gymnastics: Benefits, Techniques, Indications.