A person may experience extremely unpleasant sensations that resemble a normal digestive upset. But, if the discomfort continues for too long, it may be a bowel colitis. You need to know the symptoms and treatment of this disease in adults so that in case of a problem, act quickly and correctly.
Colitis of the intestine is called the inflammatory process that affects the entire mucous membrane of the large intestine or part of it. In modern society, an unbalanced diet, frequent intake of various medications and other factors leading to an increase in the number of patients suffering from this disease are very common. Its manifestations greatly complicate life, and besides, the danger of the formation of ulcers and edemas increases every day. To avoid this, you need to figure out how to treat intestinal colitis. Therapy will be long, but necessarily effective.
The mucous membrane of the colon may be inflamed if:
- Toxins or harmful bacteria have entered the body: streptococci, staphylococci, Salmonella, etc .;
- antibiotic treatment is often performed, which inhibit the intestinal microflora;
- meals are irregular;
- man abuses alcoholic beverages;
- stressful situations have become frequent;
- various pathologies of the digestive organs develop.
Colitis are named after a source of negative effects: infectious, toxic, medicinal, ischemic. There is also ulcerative colitis, the causes of which are still unclear. It is believed that it is caused by allergic reactions, heredity, autoimmune disorders. The course of intestinal inflammation can be acute or chronic.
How to recognize dangerous inflammation?
Acute colitis manifests itself:
- pulling pains and cramps;
- frequent urge to defecate;
- constipation and diarrhea;
- bloating and flatulence;
- constant rumbling in the stomach.
Blood traces and mucus may appear in the feces, its unpleasant smell may increase. The general condition of the patient also deteriorates: the body temperature rises, the appetite decreases, the person complains of a feeling of weakness and overwork. Such a vivid clinical picture is inherent in infectious, toxic or ulcerative colitis of the intestine. Drug and ischemic colitis often occur in a chronic form, which is characterized by:
- unstable stool - the bond is often replaced by frustration;
- feeling of heaviness and overflow in the peritoneum;
- increased gas formation;
- abdominal cramps and pain;
- false desire for bowel movement.
Before starting treatment of intestinal colitis in adults, doctors analyze the symptoms and carry out the following diagnostic procedures:
- palpation of the abdomen to identify sore spots and bloating;
- general and biochemical blood tests (to check the general condition of the body);
- stool analysis (in order to identify worms or microbes).
Sometimes instrumental methods of examination are also needed:
They allow you to inspect the mucous membrane of the colon from the inside and detect possible adhesions, polyps, ulcers or tumors. In such studies, biopsy samples can be taken to rule out intestinal cancer.
Chase away the colitis - and the stomach does not hurt!
Treatment of acute and chronic intestinal colitis depends on the type of disease. In case of infectious pathologies, antibiotics are required, to which pathogens of the inflammatory process are sensitive. Prebiotics and probiotics will also be needed to maintain the normal state of the intestinal microflora. If the colitis has appeared after poisoning, the preparations enriched with beneficial bacteria and adsorbents for removing toxins are also needed.
The chronic form of the disease requires complex treatment using:
- anti-inflammatory and antidiarrheal drugs;
- prophylactic drugs against gastrointestinal disorders.
In the case of ulcerative therapy depends on the intended reason - eliminate allergens, take antihistamines or agents that suppress the activity of the immune system. In the case of a hereditary disease, unfortunately, you can only alleviate the patient's condition with painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs.
Treatment of intestinal colitis at home provides for the help not only of pills, but also decoctions, tinctures, tinctures of medicinal plants.-
- Put in a thermos 75 g of grass, pour 1 liter of boiling water.
- After one day, pour the infusion into a saucepan, put it on a fire and evaporate half of the liquid.
- Add 30 g of alcohol and glycerin to the product.
- Drink tincture of 20-30 drops half an hour before meals for a month.
Bird cherry broth
- 50 g of fruit placed in 300 ml of boiling water and cook for 2 hours.
- Put the broth in a shaded place for 1.5 hours.
- Take 400 ml every 3 hours.
Infusion of ginger root to eliminate dyspepsia
- Grind with a grater root medium size.
- 30 g of the resulting mass pour 1 tbsp. hot water.
- Close the container tightly and set aside for 6 hours.
- Drink 1 tbsp. l infusion before breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Basil decoction to improve appetite
- 40 g basil leaves boil in 2 tbsp. water.
- Strain and cool the liquid.
- Take a decoction 1 month for 2 tbsp. l before eating.
Infusion of wormwood from diarrhea
- 2 tbsp. l herbs pour 300 ml of boiling water.
- After 15 minutes, remove the decoction from the stove.
- Filtered remedy insist about an hour.
- Drink infusion of 1 tbsp. l before eating 25 days.
- 50 g of crushed to propolis powder put in a bottle of dark glass with 200 g of medical alcohol.
- Keep this liquid for 18-20 days in a dark place and shake occasionally.
- Filter the finished product.
- Heat 1 tbsp. cow milk.
- In milk, add 35 drops of propolis tincture.
- Enjoy the drink 2-3 times before meals.
Pomegranate decoction against allergic colitis
- 25 g pre-dried pomegranate peels or 50 g pomegranate seeds.
- Boil the fruit on a low-intensity fire in a saucepan with 200 ml of water for half an hour.
- Ready broth carefully filtered.
- Drink 2 tbsp. l means twice a day.
Plantain leaf infusion
- 3 tsp. dry leaves of plantain brew in 1 tbsp. boiling water.
- After 6-7 hours, the product is ready for use.
- Drink 1/3 tbsp. infusion 30 minutes before meals.
- Combine centaury, sage and chamomile pharmacy - 1 tsp. everyone.
- Brew the mixture in 1 tbsp. boiling water.
- Cover the glass with a saucer and wait until the product has cooled.
- Strain the infusion and take 1 tbsp. l 7 times a day.
- The course of treatment is from 1 to 3 months; then reduce the dose and number of doses.
- 2 tbsp. l mint leaves, pour 2 tbsp. boiling water.
- Infuse tea for 20 minutes, then strain.
- Drink half a glass 15 minutes before meals three times a day.
To reduce inflammation of the colon, tiny ulcers heal faster, and peristalsis has normalized, you can do enemas and microclysters.
- 1 st. l chamomile and hypericum brew in 0.5 liters of boiling water.
- Cover the pan with liquid and wrap a warm towel.
- Carefully filter the infusion and cool.
- Use solution for enema before bedtime.
For microclyster, fill a rubber bulb and a large syringe with a catheter with sea buckthorn oil or rosehip, lay down on the left side and inject the substance as far as possible. The procedure is carried out before bedtime, and in the morning the contents of the intestine should be removed.
No success without diets
Even if the most effective medicines are applied, it will not be possible to get rid of the disease without correcting the nutrition. A special diet for intestinal colitis involves eating small meals 5-6 times a day. Food should not cause irritation of the mucous membrane and fermentation processes.
Such dishes and drinks are allowed:
- white crackers;
- 30 grams of butter per day;
- vegetable soups of liquid consistency (cereals boil well, vegetables are ground through a sieve);
- rice and oatmeal;
- semolina on water;
- grated cottage cheese;
- boiled carrots, beets and pumpkins;
- yogurt and prunes;
- jelly and jelly;
- tea with lemon;
- chicken and fish meatballs;
- cocoa on the water.
In the period of acute illness, it is unacceptable to include spicy, floury, fatty or fried foods in the menu. It is better to replace coffee and teas with dried fruit compotes and dogrose broth. When colitis can not eat sour vegetables and fruits, especially raw. When the disease becomes sluggish, you can add to the diet:
- lean steam fish;
- bread and chicken eggs;
- baked vegetables and fruits;
- weak meat broths.
You also need to take vitamins and trace elements, fish oil and honey to improve metabolic processes and normalize bowel function.
Forbidden products include:
- whole milk;
- alcoholic and carbonated drinks;
- strong tea;
- fat meat;
- popcorn, zucchini and cabbage;
- sweet pastries and sugar;
- too spicy or salty foods;
- confectionery creams and sauces.
Colitis of the intestine, whatever type or form it may be, does not allow a person to live and work normally. You should not wait for the symptoms to worsen and the health condition to deteriorate significantly - consult a doctor right away. The combination of traditional and traditional medicine, as well as diet food will help to overcome this insidious illness and enjoy life again, without fear of painful ailments.