The main function of the human stomach is the digestion of food. For this process hydrochloric acid is responsible, which is contained in the stomach in a certain amount. The normal acid content is 0.5%. When this imbalance occurs, malfunctioning of the stomach occurs.
Every person at least once in his life experienced increased acidity of the stomach. Most often this occurs when eating too fatty, sour or spicy dishes. The same feeling occurs when eating with strong alcohol, with a very dense dinner or too fast a meal. In order to know how to cure hyperacidity, it is necessary to understand which symptoms indicate its occurrence.
Symptoms of increased acidity of the stomach
Increased acidity of the stomach is a condition where excess hydrochloric acid enters the esophagus and causes irritation of the esophageal mucosa and inflammation. Symptoms that help identify this condition include:
- Heaviness after eating
- Belching causing a bitter or sour taste
- Stomach pains
- Loss of taste for some kind of food
Causes of increased acidity of the stomach
The main causes of this condition is considered to be the use of various dishes:
- Various marinades
- The lack of a full breakfast and lunch.
In order to establish the exact cause of the increased acidity of the stomach and the methods of its treatment, it is necessary to consult a doctor and conduct a gastroenterological examination.
Treatment of increased acidity of the stomach
To get rid of such an unpleasant condition, it is usually enough to follow a special diet:-
- All spicy, spicy and fried foods, smoked meats are excluded from the diet.
- Undesirable use of rich broths, especially mushroom.
- Limit pickles, onions and garlic, fresh vegetables, salt and lemon juice.
- It is necessary to abandon carbonated drinks, coffee, black bread.
- You can eat only 2 tsp per day. vegetable oil.
- From the first course it is better to give preference to mashed soups, cream soups or cereals.
- Choice should stop on vegetables that contain less fiber. Swede, cauliflower, potatoes are best suited, but the amount of cabbage, sorrel and radish should be limited.
- Fruits and berries are best eaten in baked or boiled form, but in any form they should not be sour. They can be mashed or mousse.
- Meat and fish choose low-fat varieties. Beef, rabbit, veal, chicken or turkey will do.
- From the fish the best - cod, pike, sage or hake. Eat and stew, baked or boiled, you can cook for a couple.
- Porridges will be especially useful, boil them in milk or water.
- Do not hurt a small amount of sour cottage cheese, soft-boiled eggs or cheese.
- Drink need kissel, compotes, weak tea.
Treatment of high acidity folk remedies
- Quickly ease the condition will help decoctions and infusions of herbs. They can be made from rusty elm, camomile, lemon mint.
- Good help infusion of 80 g of peppermint, yarrow, St. John's wort, and 10 g of seeds of dill. Pour the mixture of herbs with a glass of boiling water and leave in a saucepan, cover with a lid. After 40 min, strain. Drink infusion during the day for 4 reception.
- The freshly squeezed juice of white cabbage or potatoes will help alleviate the condition. Drink this juice should be before you eat. It will help to cope with gastritis, which often becomes the cause of increased acidity.
- To prepare potato juice, take a few potatoes and rub on a small grater. Squeeze out the resulting mass through gauze and take 4 ml per day. Drink this juice for 5 weeks.
- Mineral water also helps to cope with the attack. It is enough to drink it before meals in 50 ml for 2 months.
- Cooked chicken egg protein can improve the overall condition of the stomach, and herbal tea will reduce acidity, but not completely eliminate it.
- The most effective tool will be a decoction of the berries of sea buckthorn and wild rose. Take 1 tbsp. l berries and brew a glass of boiling water. Drink 100 ml per day 4 p. Instead of sugar, put honey. It itself will have a beneficial effect on the state of the acid-base environment of the stomach.
Recommendations for increased acidity of the stomach
After the appearance of heartburn during the day refrain from solid food. To quickly alleviate the condition, drink a glass of milk. And the pain that occurs due to increased acidity will relieve a hot compress that needs to be applied to the stomach. You can pour hot water into the heater or heat the salt. Sometimes heartburn is treated with baking soda, but it is better to refrain from this method, as it can provoke an ulcer. Therefore, it is better to drink honey water in a glass of warm water, adding 1 tsp. honey
To avoid exacerbation of the condition, it is better to eat in small portions a day 5 times or more. Before you eat, drink a glass of carrot juice. You can get rid of unpleasant symptoms with the help of the Gastal or Fosfalyugel medicines.
Symptoms that indicate increased acidity of the stomach are very unpleasant and cause serious discomfort. You need to try to get rid of them, eliminating the cause. If symptoms of hyperacidity of the stomach are rare, they do not require special treatment and it will be enough to give up some dishes in the diet or drink a tincture of herbs.But if you constantly feel them, you should consult a doctor and be more attentive to the mode of food intake, its speed and dishes that you use most often. If you do not treat the symptoms of hyperacidity, which appear constantly, it can cause serious diseases: stomach ulcers, gastritis, chronic digestive disorders.