The appearance of sulfur plugs in the ear canals is a problem that almost everyone has encountered. In fact, the appearance of a plug does not bear any discomfort or discomfort.
However, traffic jams should be disposed of due to the fact that too much accumulation of sulfur can impede the perception of sounds. This is usually done in a doctor's office, where you will be provided with quick and painless assistance. Independent removal of traffic jams can only complicate the task. But there are safe ways to remove sulfur plugs at home.
Causes of ear plugs in the ear
The main and most common cause of ear plugs in the ear is improper ear hygiene. Most of us think that the proper cleaning of the auditory passages consists in the frequent and thorough penetration of cotton swabs. In fact, the cotton buds, so beloved by us, are intended for cosmetic purposes, and not to put them in their ears. The deeper we put the wand in the ear, the more damage we cause. natural processes of cleansing the ear canal.
In addition, the use of sticks and other improvised tools may contribute to injury, as well as pushing the sulfur plug closer to the eardrum. In this case, without the intervention of a doctor you can not do.
The use of a hearing aid also has a significant effect on sulfur accumulation in the auditory canals. The longer you wear this device, the greater the risk of sulfur accumulation. Sulfur plugs can occur in people who work in conditions of high concentration of dust. This is facilitated by particles of dust and dirt constantly entering the ear canal that, accumulating deep in the aisle, prevent the dead cells from separating properly.
Other factors can contribute to the accumulation of sulfur in the auditory canals. For example, this may be due to anatomical defects of the ear, as well as a hereditary factor.
To detect the sulfuric plug in the ear canal, you can slightly pull the earlobe down and look inside the organ. If you still find a sulfuric plug there, it is best to see a doctor to clean it from the ear canal.-
How to wash your ear at home?
Safe ways to remove traffic jams at home also exist. But doctors recommend using them as a prophylaxis.
- Sulfuric cork can be softened. As a result of this, she herself leaves the ear canal. In order for the cork to come out, you can use liquid paraffin, vegetable oil, hydrogen peroxide mixed with any oil. Before dripping into the ear, the drops must be warmed to 37 degrees. This temperature will be optimal: enough heat, but there will be no burn. This procedure should be carried out for 5 days, instilling 4-5 drops twice a day. At the beginning of the application, you may find yourself with hearing loss. Do not worry. This is a normal reaction to the procedure. This happens because of the swelling of the sulfur plug. Remember that the cork should go out by itself. Do not try to podsobit with matches or sticks. When the cork comes out, wash your ear with warm water. If you repeat the procedure for several days and the cork does not come out and does not soften, consult a doctor. In the hospital, it will be quickly removed.
- Also a popular means of dealing with sulfur plugs at home are compresses for the inner ear. The composition of the compress includes camphor oil and garlic. Take 1 clove of garlic and pound it. The resulting mass must be heated together with 3 drops of camphor oil. When the mixture is heated, take the flagellum from a sterile bandage or gauze and moisten it in the tool. The flagellum impregnated with the mixture should be placed in the ear canal so that it does not cause you discomfort. Compress should be left for 15-20 minutes. After this time, you should feel a slight burning sensation. It is explained by the action of garlic. Then hold the compress for another 5-7 minutes. After the flagellum is taken out, rinse your ear with warm water. During rinsing, bend down with the ear that is being washed so that the stopper flows out along with the water, and does not go to the inner ear.
- Another very common method is use onion juice. This means for washing the ears enjoyed even our grandmothers. Use this tool should be similar to hydrogen peroxide. To put onion juice in your ear, you need 3-4 drops. Before applying this tool, make sure that you have no injuries or wounds in your ear, otherwise you risk getting burned. If you treat children in this way, then bury 1-2 drops of the drug in their ear. So you will save the child from damage to the eardrum.
- Also known method of washing the ear at home, wherein the ear is flushed with water supplied from a syringe. In this manner at home it is better not to use. First of all, you risk damaging yourself, which will affect the eardrum, because too much pressure can be created on it. In addition, so you can drive the cork only further, which will cause hearing impairment.
Preventing the formation of sulfur plugs in the ears
In order for the sulfur plugs to disturb you less often, it is necessary to carry out simple hygiene measures of the auditory canals.
- Clean the ear canals at least once a week. To clean the ears do not need chopsticks, but with the help of cotton flagella. This should be done carefully.
- If you were in the pool or bathed in the sea, do not forget to remove the water from the ear canals, and dry the ear with a hair dryer.
- Bury a few drops of 3% hydrogen peroxide solution in your ears every 3 months. This will be a good prevention of traffic jams in the ear.
If at home you could not get rid of the cork in your ear, be sure to consult a doctor. This procedure should not be feared. It is painless and is done very quickly. Do not delay with washing the ear. Harmless problems sometimes have serious consequences.