If, after talking with yard cats or after the baby returns from the village, scaly patches of irregular shape, pinkish, red, crimson color appeared on his skin, then the child most likely became infected with lichen. In this case, it is important to know how the chills appear in a child and how to treat it.
Types of lichen
It should be understood that the concept of "lichen" includes a group of dermatoses with similar symptoms. They cause damage to the skin and mucous membranes, however, can be caused by various pathogens.
There are several types of depriving
Shingles appear in the elderly, and children are characterized by ringworm and pink.
- Ringworm is caused by a fungal infection. A child can become infected through contact with animals - cats, dogs, cows, horses, as well as from peers in a preschool or school institution, when playing together.
About the beginning of the disease signal reddish spots rounded. They are located on different parts of the body, including the hair part of the head. On the skin, the spots are covered with small bubbles, which burst, causing severe peeling and itching, which causes severe discomfort to the child. If the spots appear on the head, then the hair falls on them, forming uneven bald spots. Do not be afraid, hair follicles are not affected and after treatment, the hair will grow back. In some cases, the body may respond to fever, the child complains of indisposition, headache.
- Pink versicolor is not contagious, it can be attributed to a special type of complications after previous infections of the respiratory tract, reactions to a decrease in the immune functions of the body.
On the body of the child appear pale pink spots, which are very itchy, cause discomfort. Most often the spots are located on the chest, abdomen, arms and legs.
How to beat ringworm?
After detecting suspicious stains on the child’s body and identifying them, a natural question arises: how to treat ringworm in a child? Treatment must be approached carefully, because some drugs suitable for adults are not suitable for children due to their high concentration and toxicity.
Treatment depends on what type of fungal infection - trichophytia or microsporia - was caused. Trichophytosis can live exclusively on the human body, while microsporia can be “picked up” from domestic and wild (for example, rodents) animals. An exact diagnosis should be made by a dermatologist on the basis of the results of the initial examination and evaluation of the results of the analysis of scrapings from the affected skin.
- Lichen on the scalp occurs as a result of infection from another person or animal. In the focus of the lesion, the hair becomes thinner and falls out, the skin becomes dry, it peels off strongly, flakes resembling dandruff are formed. Usually there is no inflammation on the skin, a slight itch may occur, but the psychological discomfort is quite large.
- On smooth skin, ringworm appears as rounded pinkish spots, it can affect various parts of the body and reappear after treatment. The spots have a clear contour, which is painted brighter than the inner surface of the stain; it is formed by small bubbles. Very often affects the skin of the neck and face.
- Deep ringworm affects the human hair follicles, but the disease is transmitted through animals. As a result of the inflammatory process that occurs in the hair follicles, large bulging bright red plaques filled with pus are formed on the head. In their place after the formation of brown scabs.
Treatment consists in combating the parasite that caused the disease, so the doctor prescribes various antifungal drugs of local action, the spots are treated with iodine solution. On the night of the affected areas apply bandages with sulfur-tar or sulfur-salicylic ointment. In addition, children are prescribed antihistamines to relieve itching and ease their health. Before treating the zoster on the child’s head, an allergic test should be performed, causing a little bit of the prescribed product on the wrist or the elbow. After several hours, if there is no allergy, you can begin treatment.-
As the lichen easily develops in children with weakened immunity, it is also recommended to conduct vitamin therapy, to take immunomodulators.
How to cope with rosy lichen?
In order to understand how to treat pink lichen in a child, you should remember why it occurs. This is the body's response to the decline of protective functions. This disease does not require special treatment, measures are aimed at strengthening the immune system and alleviating the condition (relieving itching). Therefore, the complex of measures includes vitamin therapy and antihistamines. The child is not recommended to sunbathe and stay in the sun for a long time, he is not bathed in a bath, limited to a shower. It is not recommended to smear stains with any antifungal drugs, it can only worsen the situation.
Treatment of lichen in children by folk methods
In the light of the foregoing, it is possible to guess how to treat a child's versicolor with folk remedies. Good broths and infusions that enhance immunity and are rich in vitamins:
- Rosehip berries tea contains a lot of vitamin C. To prepare it, 100 g of dried berries are poured with 0.5 liters of warm boiled water and put for 15 minutes on the steam bath. Then pour the broth into a thermos and insist for another 1 hour. You can add a little sugar or honey to the finished vitamin tea (if the child is not allergic).
- In order to get rid of lichen stains, the affected areas are smeared with pounded dark seedless raisins several times a day;
- It is recommended to lubricate affected areas with sea buckthorn oil to relieve itching and soften the crust;
- Traditional medicine also answers the question of what to treat versicolor in a child’s face. To do this, pumpkin pulp squeeze to remove excess juice, and applied to the affected places.
How to avoid infection?
In order to avoid contracting a lichen, you must observe personal hygiene:
- Use individual comb, towel, bed linen;
- Treat wounds, abrasions with a solution of iodine or other antiseptic;
- At the hairdresser to require that the child be cut with treated tools;
- Strengthen immunity, harden baby
Deprive, unfortunately, the disease is quite common and children who spend a lot of time on the street, happy to "communicate" with stray animals, are at risk of getting infected. However, the "home" child may well bring such a "gift" from kindergarten or pioneer camp. You should not panic, the treatment started on time will help to stop the spread of the disease and cure the child at home. At the time of treatment, for obvious reasons, visiting the children's institution will have to be abandoned. Launched cases, severe disease due to low immunity and the individual reaction of the child’s body, may require inpatient therapy.
If a rash appears on your skin and you suspect that it is a pain in the child, the dermatologist should decide how to treat it. Each type of lichen requires its own approach, common methods do not exist. It is not necessary to consider lichen "shameful" disease and hide the child, avoiding publicity. Proper and timely treatment will help to avoid undesirable consequences. Measures that you can and should take yourself - personal hygiene and strengthening children's immunity in accessible ways.