Our life is filled with a variety of different events - bad and good, memorable and not very. There are bright and unique moments that really happen only once in a lifetime, for example, a school graduation party or a wedding. It seems that no trouble in the world can spoil such a holiday. So it seemed last night, but this morning a terrible thing happened - barley on the eye. This is a catastrophe! How to treatchmena on the upper eyelid of the eye? Will it go fast or not? These and other questions you will find answers in our article.
The appearance of barley on the upper eyelid of the eye: causes, signs, types
Barley is a common and unpleasant phenomenon, especially when it happens at such an inappropriate moment. There are two types of barley - external and internal. The first type is more common and is an abscess on the outside of the eyelid, on its very edge.
Why barley? This popular name for the disease is associated with the external similarity of the shape of the tumor on the eye’s eyelid to the famous agricultural cereal. In fact, it is an infection that causes inflammation of the hair follicles of the eyelashes. You can take no action, and after a couple of weeks he will pass by himself. At the same time you will be able to observe all the stages and symptoms of the development of barley:
- The initial stage is infiltration. There is redness and swelling of the eyelid, itching. It builds up within 2-3 days and may simply subside and go without treatment. But if it's lucky.
- Formation of an abscess or purulent capsule at the very edge of the eyelid.
- After a few days, the capsule breaks by itself or the doctor opens it, after which some time more pus is released from the wound.
- At the final stage, the healing process takes place.
In principle, the barley itself is not dangerous, except for the feeling of discomfort, possible complications due to the spread of infection. So it is better to take action at an early stage of the disease. The sooner treatment is started, the more likely it is that the inflammation will disappear before reaching the second stage.
The appearance of barley is caused by a bacterial infection - staphylococcus. The causes of this infection in our eyes are:
- dust pollution when the fatty glands of the eyelid become blocked and the eyelash hair bag becomes inflamed;
- weakened immunity;
- disorders in the stomach or intestines;
- vitamin starvation of the body;
- the presence of endocrine abnormalities in the body;
Inner barley in the upper eyelid is caused by inflammation of the meibomian gland. Its occurrence and the stages of ripening completely coincide with the outer barley. But there are some minor differences. Such barley is accompanied by redness on the inner side of the eyelid and sensations of mote that hit the eye, but the tumor on the outside does not appear immediately. At the same time signs of intoxication are possible: fever, headache. Breakthrough abscess can trigger conjunctivitis.
The treatment of barley on the upper eyelid is best provided to a specialist, as it is likely that it signals the presence of another disease that requires basic attention.
|Stage of development||Purpose of treatment||Preparations||Application|
|Infiltration||Removal of inflammation, decrease in bacterial activity|| |
Ophthalmic ointments: tetracycline, gentamicin, Tobrex.
It should be applied to the edge of the eyelid at the site of inflammation 3 times a day.-
|Abscess. Breakthrough (showdown)|| |
Removal of purulent accumulations, wound drainage.
Extermination of infection
Antibiotic eye ointments.
Autopsy performed by a qualified technician.
It should be applied to the site of inflammation.
Inpatient under local anesthesia
|Healing||Relapse prevention||Treatment with an alcoholic solution of iodine or brilliant green||It is necessary to process the wound area from the moment of the breakthrough or the opening of an abscess.|
The treatment of barley inside the upper eyelid has some differences:
- any alcohol cauterization of the abscess is excluded, since they cause burns to the mucous membrane of the eyeball;
- warming the eyelid outside is effective and applicable only until an abscess is formed;
- mandatory washing the eyes with Furacilin solution;
- antibacterial eye drops should be applied 3 times a day;
- If intoxication is suspected, antibiotics are prescribed - Augmentin or Amoxicillin.
Barley treatment by folk methods
When you run out of methods such as driving the muzzles in front of the eye, the red thread on the hand, removing the damage and the evil eye, rolling the egg across the face, then you can resort to real folk remedies. These include:
- Dry warm compress. You can use a hot, hard-boiled egg, a potato, or heated salt wrapped in soft cloth. Take care not to get burned.
- Tansy flowers. They need to be taken orally up to 8 flowers five times a day and drink water.
- Lotions from broth calendula. Make a decoction of the flowers of this plant. After cooling, soak it in a piece of gauze attach to the sore eye. Repeat several times a day.
- Finely chop aloe leaf and cover with boiled slightly cooled water. Let the mixture infuse, and then do compresses.
- Put compresses from steep tea leaves black tea - tannins contained in it will help remove the tumor.
- In your daily diet, triply increase the content of bay leaf. You can just chew it for two or three days.
Let us hope that you will not see all the stages of barley development, but get rid of it in 2-3 days by taking the necessary measures at the first symptoms. You will wear your ballroom or wedding dress, magnificent shoes to match him, and a magical evening will give you unforgettable memories for a lifetime, in which there will be no room for such a misunderstanding as barley.