Proper storage of food is the most important factor in the fact that they will bring you only benefits. All the nutrients, vitamins and trace elements are stored only under certain conditions. To preserve the useful properties of products, we must know the conditions of their storage and comply with them.
In order for products to be stored for a long time, carefully purchase the date of manufacture, shelf life, and storage conditions when purchasing. Fruits, herbs and vegetables should be fresh, without rot and signs of wilting.
General rules for storing products
- Closed juices are stored lying at a temperature of +4 to +10. Drinks - standing no more than a year.
- Keep cooked food on the stove for up to 1.5 hours. Liquid dishes after you took them out of the refrigerator, bring to a boil.
Rules for storing food in the refrigerator
- Butter is stored in foil or in a sealed container for up to 15 days. Peasant oil, in accordance with the shelf life, is non-durable.
- Ghee is stored in a sealed container from 5 to 12 months, and margarine - up to 25 days.
- Eggs are best kept sharp ends down for up to 22 days.
- Open marinades - no more than 2 days, and closed - 11 days.
- Fresh vegetables are stored in the refrigerator down to 8 days.
- Berries should be stored separately from vegetables, preferably at the top, no more than 2 days.
What is the best way to store food?
- The most suitable ware for storage is ceramics. It does not transmit light and is not toxic.
- Dishes made from melamine, the most harmful for storing products. At its bottom is always the letter "M".
- Plastic dishes are not intended for long-term storage of food. When heated, it is able to release toxic substances.
- In containers made of metal, do not store products that are able to absorb moisture. This is all bulk products and sugar.
- Glass jars are suitable for storing products, but they are best kept in a place protected from light.
Rules for the storage of bakery products
Do not leave baked goods open on the table. If you have them stored for more than 3 days, then put them in the fridge, then the baked goods will not start to mold.
Proper egg storage
Eggs have a rather long shelf life if their shells are not damaged. They can be stored in a well-ventilated, cool place and in the refrigerator. The main thing is that when buying, they are fresh.
Proper storage of fish
Frozen fish store 3 weeks. We defrost it, having lowered in cold water. Salted fish is soaked before cold water in cold water. Water is changed after an hour, then after 2 hours, and at the end - after 3. 17 hours will be enough for soaking. Smoked fish is stored in aluminum foil for no more than 2 days. Open canned fish must be shifted to another dish from a jar and eaten within 1 day.
Store properly meat products
Raw meat products store no more than 4 days in the refrigerator, 2 days - unfrozen poultry meat. If the meat is chopped up, it should be used immediately, it cannot be stored. When freezing, the meat is stored in a freezer at a temperature of - 18 C. The maximum shelf life is 6 months. Meat delicacies in a vacuum stored in the refrigerator for 2 weeks. If the package is open - no more than 3 days. Open canned meat must be stored no more than 2 days. Frozen offal stored up to 15 hours. Smoked sausage is stored in the refrigerator for no more than 6 days. Sausages and sausages - 2 days, and boiled sausage should be eaten per day.
Properly store fruit
Not all fruits are stored in the refrigerator. Pineapples, cucumbers and citrus fruits can be stored on the shelf.
All fruits should not be stored for too long, so that they do not lose their useful properties. Cauliflower, corn, carrots, berries, if you want to keep them for a long time, do not wash. Separate from other fruits, store plums, peaches, bananas, pears, apples, apricots. For long-term storage of fruit freeze them. Wash, dry and put in the freezer, and when frozen, put it in the bag. Keep them in the freezer.
Storage of bulk products
All bulk products should be kept away from odorous products, spices, garlic. They also need to be stored in a dark place, closed containers. To prevent the mole from getting into the cereal, you can put the cereal in the freezer for a day or heat it in the oven. Or in the dishes, where cereals are stored, put packets of cheesecloth with salt.
Flour will be saved with garlic, a few cloves or a spoon of aluminum. In rice put a metal cork from the bottle. Tea is desirable to drink after the acquisition for the month. Do not store it near the battery. For better storage, pour purchased tea into a glass or porcelain container. Salt lumps can be saved, if you put in a container with a little rice grains. Bulk products under the right conditions can be stored for up to 2 years.
Proper storage of dairy products
Store dairy products in a clean, sealed container in a dark place, always in a cold place. This will prevent them from absorbing odors. Cottage cheese and sour cream should be stored at a temperature of from 0 to + 4 C. Mayonnaise, milk, cream, yogurt and kefir - from +1 to +6 C. Temperature control for butter and cheese is +4 C. At the same time, it is still desirable dairy products such as milk, sour milk drinks and cottage cheese to eat per day. Children are not allowed to give these products on the second day.
For dairy products, select the top shelf in the refrigerator. So that the butter does not absorb extraneous odors, the cheese does not dry out, store them in special containers - butter dish and cheese cake. Also, boiled milk in a closed container and chilled can be stored for up to 36 hours. Cream stored 12 hours. Kefir and cottage cheese store no more than 36 hours. Open condensed milk should be poured and stored no more than 3 days. The shelf life of sour cream is 72 hours.
By observing all these rules, you will be able to avoid unpleasant and dangerous consequences for your health, and will save not only yourself, but also your household. Your health is in your hands.