In the modern world it is difficult to find a person who has never taken antibiotics in his life. These medicines help our body deal with inflammatory processes. But the problem of antibiotics, as well as many other drugs, is that in the struggle for the health of one organ they harm another. So, these wonderful medicines, destroying the pathogenic bacilli, kill at the same time the beneficial bacteria in our digestive organs. Today our story is about how to restore the intestinal microflora after taking antibiotics.
Are antibiotics and intestines friends or foes?
It all started in the second half of the 20s of the last century: the discovery of antibiotics was a revolution in medicine. Translated from the ancient Greek language: anti-anti, bios - life, that is, the medicine "against life." Good start, agree? And all because this substance inhibits the growth of certain living cells or even kills them.
This quality played a decisive role in the selection of antibiotics as the main treatment for diseases of a bacterial nature. Unfortunately, the immense increase in the use of these drugs has caused many other health problems.
Consequences take place as immediately after the use of antibiotics, they can appear in a generation, and they are, frankly, disappointing:
- "Territory of scorched earth" - so in three words one can assess what remains of the intestinal microflora after the use of antibiotics. And only bacteria resistant to this type of drugs inhabit such a territory.
- There is a failure in the saturation of the body's cells with oxygen, and comes the so-called anaerobes - oxygen starvation of tissues.
- The liver is more exposed than alcohol. The bile passages become blocked, and glycogen accumulation virtually stops. A person begins to experience weakness and lethargy with increased appetite, which ends with physical inactivity. Such damage to the liver makes it available for anaerobic parasites, as a result - a general intoxication of the body.
- Due to the presence of microflora, our body has a high form of adaptability and immunity. Under the influence of antibiotics inside we become sterile, and the body's immunity is turned off, in the literal sense of the word.
More benign in relation to our body with minimal side effects are the so-called natural antibiotics. The most common of these are onions, garlic, hot red pepper. A separate line is oxygen as the most "pure" antibiotic. It is known that abundant oxygenation of blood destroys anaerobic microorganisms.
How to restore the intestinal microflora at home after taking antibiotics?
The logical question is: "So now - to abandon antibiotics altogether?" There is no need to refuse, but there is no need to resort to their use at the slightest cold. Antibiotics are prescribed and taken under medical supervision in extreme cases, and in parallel with their admission or at the end of the course, the issue of eliminating intestinal dysbiosis is resolved.
What drugs to take?
There are groups of drugs restoring the action in the form of tablets, capsules and suppositories:-
- Probiotics - medicines, which include living cultures: lactobacilli, bifidobacteria, enterococci. These include drugs such as Biobacton, Probifor, Florin Forte, Linex, Bifikol.
- Prebiotics - drugs that create a favorable nutrient medium for the recovery of beneficial bacteria. This group is represented by Prelaks, Inulin, Dufalak, Portalak, Lactusan.
- Complex drugs, including bacteria, and a substance for their development. They are combined with antibiotics and contribute to a more rapid recovery of the body: Hilak Forte, Bifiform.
The healing power of the diet
To fully recover from a course of antibiotics, you need from 2 to 4 weeks. During this period, in addition to taking medications, it is advisable to resort to dietary nutrition. It should be built according to the following rules:
- food should be easily digestible, low in simple carbohydrates;
- meals - fractional, up to 6 times a day;
- it is advisable not to drink food.
Since there is a need to fill the intestines with beneficial microorganisms, then, accordingly, the diet should consist of dishes with a high content of live cultures and products that promote their reproduction. These include:
- fermented milk products;
- sauerkraut and its pickle;
- foods containing high amounts of fiber - fresh fruits, vegetables, onions, garlic;
- stale bread, better dried.
Do not forget to exclude from the menu:
- strong black tea;
- carbonated and sweet drinks;
- fatty and fried foods.
Of the variety of folk remedies to recover from antibiotics, we offer two of the most effective:
- Neshmelnaya Braga. At 0.5 liters of water, temperatures up to 40 degrees, you need to add one tablespoon of honey and sugar and 1.5-2 g of fresh yeast. Everything mixes and wanders no more than two hours in the heat. Should be taken in between food 100 g.
- Seeds of pumpkin, sunflower, kernels of walnuts in equal parts are crushed to a powder. 0.5 st. boiled water put 2 tbsp. l powder and stir. You need to take 2 times a day for 7-10 days.
Despite the undoubted benefits that antibiotics have in severe cases, they become a real scourge of modern times. Today, their presence can be found in food products, and even in mineral water, as they are used as preservatives, prolonging shelf life. Who benefits? Decide for yourself. But before you poison yourself with antibiotics, think carefully. And remember - with viral infections, they are absolutely useless.