Platelets are one of the blood cells. They are very important for its coagulation. People with low platelets suffer from bleeding or severe bruising, even after a minor injury. Lack of platelets increases the risk of blood loss, especially from the mouth, nose and intestines. How to increase blood platelets?
Thrombocytopenia - what is the pathology?
Thrombocytopenia is a disorder caused by a decrease in blood platelets. Their lack of concentration leads to a decrease in blood coagulation, and then any minor injury can cause serious blood loss.
Thrombocytopenia can occur due to a number of circumstances, such as:
- disruption of the normal functioning of the bone marrow, which ceases to produce a sufficient number of platelets;
- some types of cancer, such as leukemia, as well as methods of its treatment can cause thrombocytopenia;
- hypersplenism or spleen tumor.
Consider normal platelet values in the blood:
- children 1-4 years old - from 160,000 to 500,000 mm cubic;
- children 5-10 years old - from 160,000 to 450,000 cubic meters;
- adolescents 11-15 years old - from 160,000 to 400,000 cubic meters;
- adults - from 160,000 to 350,000 cubic meters
A person suffers from thrombocytopenia, if the number of platelets is reduced to a critical value - 150 000 mm cube.
How to quickly increase platelets in the blood?
Recent studies have shown that too low platelet count and cancer have the same autoimmune nature. To improve the condition requires a comprehensive solution, including conservative treatment and alternative methods.
Consider a few recommendations that will help to quickly increase platelets in the blood:-
- Remove from your diet to the maximum products containing chemicals and carcinogens, which lead to intoxication of the body, weakening its immune defense.
- Increase the intake of high quality dietary supplements containing coenzyme Q10, selenium, zinc, melatonin, vitamins A, D and E. A small amount of vitamin B3 will have an anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory effect.
- If the capacity of the body allows, increase the daily dose of ascorbic acid to 12 grams. It destroys free radicals, reduces the toxicity of drugs used in chemotherapy, and the effects of radiation.
- Eliminate all dairy products from your diet.
- Eat up to three cloves of raw garlic daily.
- Avoid the use of sugar and fructose, since with thrombocytopenia it is just poison for humans. Use honey in small amounts or stevia.
- Take probiotics regularly.
- Avoid all types of refined grains, completely eliminate wheat-based products.
- In food, give preference to raw food. Include simple combinations of foods in your diet, such as salad with grilled chicken or lean meat with brown rice or stewed vegetables. Thus, your digestion will be facilitated.
- It is necessary to drink a glass of fresh vegetable juice daily.
- Completely eliminate the use of alcohol.
- Drink 8-10 glasses of pure water per day. Fresh lemon juice is added to water to eliminate toxins and alkalize the body.
- Strictly adhere to the established drug treatment plan.
Among the drugs for increasing platelets in the blood most widely used:
- Hormone-containing medicines, such as "Dexamethasone" or "Prednisolone". They are used to stimulate the production of platelets by the bone marrow.
- Drugs that stop bleeding and promote blood clotting: Etamzilat or Ditsinon.
- For comprehensive prophylaxis of blood loss, Vikasol is shown. He is involved in the production of prothrombin and normalizes blood clotting.
- Stimulates platelet synthesis by the liver with such a potent drug as Revolid.
- "Sodekor" - water-alcohol tincture from the collection of medicinal plants, used as a reducing agent.
Top 10 Natural Platelet Increase Products
In addition to the drugs prescribed by your doctor, you need to include in your diet foods that increase platelets in the blood and help protect the body from large blood loss. The list of top 10 includes:
- Papaya. Ripe fruits are eaten. You can also drink a decoction made from leaves.
- Pyrei. You need to drink grass juice for ½ tbsp. per day, pre-mix it with a few drops of lemon juice.
- Garnet. Its seeds are rich in iron and vitamins that will help rejuvenate.
- Crabs, shrimps, beef, turkey and chicken are foods rich in protein and zinc. This is an excellent source of vitamin B12. Zinc promotes wound healing.
- Pumpkin is rich in vitamin A, helps to regulate proteins that are produced by the cells of the body. Prepare half a glass of fresh pumpkin juice and add 1 teaspoon of honey. Take 2-3 times a day.
- Given the daily need of the body from 400 to 2000 mg of vitamin C, it is necessary to include in the diet such foods as oranges, lemons, kiwi, pepper, spinach and broccoli.
- Green leafy vegetables such as spinach, cabbage and fenugreek are rich in vitamin K. When an injury occurs, the body activates proteins to stimulate the formation of blood clots and stop bleeding. The formation of proteins depends on vitamin K.
- Indian gooseberry is considered effective for increasing platelet production and stimulates the immune system.
- Beetroot is often recommended for patients with anemia, it improves the quality of the blood.
- Sesame oil reduces inflammation caused by free radicals and improves circulation.
When developing a treatment plan, it is first necessary to take into account the cause of autoimmune changes in the body. Without knowing the exact cause of a weakened immune system, it is impossible to heal properly.