Rice is a valuable crop with a huge amount of nutrients. Rice groats contain protein, fats and carbohydrates. It is also rich in vitamins. Rice diet helps to reduce blood pressure, and rice decoction is widely used for medicinal purposes. We will talk about the latter today: how to cook rice water, what is its use and what can harm it?
Rice decoction: the benefits and harm
Rice should be used by both adults and children. It has a positive effect on the central nervous system, the brain, heart, nourishes the body with energy due to the high content of carbohydrates. Concoction of rice, when used properly and wisely, can bring many benefits. Under the influence of water and temperature, an extract from rice cereal acquires medicinal properties that help in the treatment of various ailments.
Rice decoction due to the astringent properties of starch is considered the first tool that helps with diarrhea - the main companion of poisoning. The enveloping effect of decoction helps to normalize the work of the gastrointestinal tract, so it is useful in gastric and duodenal ulcers and gastritis. The decoction also improves intestinal motility for disorders, helps cleanse the body, and prevents fermentation processes. Often rice broth is included in the composition of various diets, as well as used as a cosmetic skin care product.
With extreme caution you need to give rice broths to children under 6 months. The cause of loose stools or diarrhea can only be determined after consulting a pediatrician. To avoid undesirable consequences from the results of taking even such a harmless remedy as rice water, a doctor’s appointment is necessary.
Broth is forbidden to use for constipation. It is not recommended to use rice water for persons suffering from obesity, inflammation of the mucous membrane of the colon.
How to cook rice water?
To cook rice water, you need directly the rice itself, preferably round, and drinking water. Rice need to be washed. Some recipes involve soaking the cereal, while others immediately start cooking the broth.
In almost all recipes, the cooking process takes place on low heat. In addition, you can use rice in grains or in the form of flour. Let's take a look at cooking rice broth for specific needs.
For a child
Many problems in childhood are solved by making changes in the diet. If diarrhea occurs in babies, it is possible to use a decoction of rice, but only after consulting a doctor.
- 1 tbsp. l round grain rice;
- 1 liter of drinking water.
- Rice should be thoroughly washed, add water and leave for 12 hours.
- Swollen rice should be placed in a saucepan and pour 1 l of drinking water, bring to a boil.
- Cook the rice, stirring occasionally, for an hour on low heat.
- Ready broth to cool and separate from cooked rice.
If rice has already been given to the baby as a complementary food, the dosage of medicinal decoction should be 50 ml up to 4 times per day. Very small children who are not yet familiar with rice - up to 5 times a day for ½ tsp.
To avoid taking medications with an unpleasant train of side effects, you can use rice broth with diarrhea.
- drinking water - 500 ml;
- rice - 2 tbsp. l
- In the tank you need to bring to a boil drinking water.
- In boiling water should add rice.
- Cook at minimum heat for 45 minutes.
- The cooled broth should be filtered from the rice.
Reception of broth is carried out every 2 hours, 50 ml.
In case of poisoning
Rice decoction is useful for poisoning with its enveloping properties and a positive effect on the gastrointestinal mucosa.
- rice - 1 tbsp .;
- water - 1 l.
- Washed rice with plenty of water should be dried and ground to the consistency of flour.
- In warm water, stirring thoroughly, you should pour rice flour.
- Homogeneous mixture should be brought to a boil and boil over low heat for 3-4 minutes.
- In the broth you need to add a little salt and cool it.
Take the rice water for poisoning should be 50-60 ml every 2-3 hours.
Traditional medicine recommends the use of rice decoctions as a means for skin care. Its effects include effects inherent in cosmetology tools:
- eliminating oily shine, closing the pores;
- lifting - tightening the skin;
- skin cleaning;
- improving skin color and hydration;
- removal of irritation and inflammation;
- whitening and brightening the skin.
- rice - 100 g;
- drinking water - 1 l.
- Rice should be thoroughly washed and pour drinking water.
- Cook the broth over an open fire until cooked rice.
- Defend the broth for 1 hour, then filter and cool.
This rice water can be stored for 5 days in the refrigerator. It is used for facial skin care.
A lot of useful things are hidden by mother nature in ordinary things. The cereal habitual for all of us contains medicinal and cosmetological properties. Let's use them for our own benefit and health!