It's not enough just to quit smoking. In order for the body to return to normal, it needs help, because toxins, resins, and other harmful substances accumulated in it for years. How to clean the lungs after smoking? There is a whole range of measures that will give a good result. It's time to take care of your health closely!
Light need your help!
Quitting smoking is not easy, but the game is worth the trouble. Together with tobacco smoke, a large amount of harmful substances enters the body, but not all of them are released back. Resin particles remain in the lungs, sticking to the alveoli. Soot, covering the lungs from the inside with a continuous layer, prevents their normal functioning. Nicotine, hydrogen cyanide, other substances that make up cigarette smoke cause cell death in the lungs. Narrowed vessels can not fully provide the body with oxygen. The inner surface of the lungs is constantly irritated - for this reason, smokers are coughing.
After a person quit smoking, new poisons do not enter the body, but accumulated earlier prevent normalization of health and well-being. Gradually, the body will return to normal itself. However, if you know how to clear the lungs after smoking, the process will go much faster, coughing and shortness of breath will be a thing of the past. We will have to make some efforts - to change the lifestyle, diet, conduct a number of procedures. But to the one who managed to cope with nicotine addiction, they will not seem difficult.
Purpose: to restore the lungs!
- First of all, quitting smoking should be complete: a cigarette a day or a cigarette a week - there is no difference. You need to throw without any reservations.
- Passive smoking is no less dangerous and toxic. Therefore, refusing cigarettes, you should avoid inhaling smoke "for the company".
- During the rehabilitation period, people who have given up nicotine may experience mood swings, emotional lability, and nervousness. In order to avoid unnecessary disturbances, it is worthwhile to find something to do to your liking, to walk more, to ventilate the room at home and in the office, not relying on air conditioning. The temperature in the room should be 18-200. The air should be moistened - so it will be easier to withdraw sputum.
- Since nicotine has a detrimental effect on many organs and systems of the body, complex cleansing should begin with the reorganization of nutrition. On the day the body should receive at least 2 liters of water. It will remove toxins, contributing to the normalization of the kidneys, the gastrointestinal tract, the condition of the skin.
- Recovery of the lungs after smoking contributes to green tea. Only 1 cup of this drink per day will increase the tone of the body, and the catechin contained in it will facilitate the discharge of sputum. Along with green, you can use other teas, herbal - based on thyme, fennel, cardamom, that is, plants with expectorant properties.
- The composition of garlic is a substance Allicin, which thins thick mucus in the lungs and promotes its removal from the body. Similar properties have ginger and horseradish.
- Magnesium and vitamin C, which contain large quantities of green apples, improve the functioning of lung tissue, production and secretion of mucus.
- Bromelain, which is present in pineapples, is very useful at the stage of disaccustoming from nicotine.
- Colored vegetables and fruits contain antioxidants that are necessary in the phase of cleansing the lungs after smoking.
- Sputum in the bronchi and lungs contribute dairy products.
- Chicken meat contains cysteine, which can help get rid of mucus in the lungs.
Making a plan how to restore the lungs after smoking, do not underestimate the role of bath procedures. Russian bath with a steam room, hot steam and a fragrant broom - the first assistant of yesterday's smoker. It improves blood circulation, dilates blood vessels, toxins come out through the skin, and hot steam promotes the separation of sputum from the lungs. Such procedures should be arranged once a week. After the bath or directly while in the steam room, you can drink herbal infusions.
The basis of the purification of the lungs after smoking with drugs is the use of expectorant and thinning mucus and sputum syrups and tablets. Among them are ambroxol, gedelix, mukaltin, ascoril and others. Still, experimenting with self-medication is undesirable; it is better to consult a doctor. Simultaneously, smokers are recommended to take multivitamin complexes with the addition of trace elements. A positive effect is given by inhalation with herbs and chlorophyllipt. Alcohol solution disinfects the respiratory tract and promotes healing of the mucous.
Infusion of pine buds
- 1 tbsp. l pine buds;
- 200 ml of water.
Pine buds pour hot water and allow to infuse for 2 hours. Infusion take 2 times a day for 1/3 tbsp. during the week.
Infusion of violets and oregano
- 1 tbsp. l violet tricolor flowers;
- 1 tbsp. l oregano;
- 200 ml of water.
Herbs are filled with boiling water and infused for 2 hours. Infusion take the same way as a means of pine buds.
This tool is widely used for colds, bronchitis, accompanied by difficult separation of sputum. The mechanism of recovery of the lungs after smoking is in many ways similar to rehabilitation after colds. Therefore, oatmeal decoction in milk will be most welcome.
- 1 tbsp. oats;
- 0.5 liters of milk.
Oats poured milk and put on fire. After boiling, the broth continues to evaporate until the volume of liquid is reduced by half. Then the broth is carefully filtered and taken on an empty stomach half an hour before meals 2-3 times a day.
Oh sport, you are life!
Exercise to improve blood circulation will help the body to return to normal faster. As sports activities ex-smokers fit running, swimming, walking, cycling.
The lungs, which have lost the habit of working at full capacity, need to be "launched" again. To teach yourself to breathe deeply, use the breathing exercises:
- abdominal breathing: a deep breath accompanied by a jerky exhalation. Each subsequent breath is less than the previous one;
- a slow breath alternates with a sharp exhalation through the nose. Gradually, the pace should increase. The series consists of 20-25 breaths;
- starting position - lying on his back. Inspiration of the stomach alternates with a slow, jerky exhalation in small portions of air. It should be "enough" for 10 servings.
Doctors say cough, accompanied by sputum, as a productive one. The secreted mucus frees the airways, removes toxins that have accumulated over the years of "friendship" with a cigarette. Do not expect that the purification of the lungs after smoking will be quick, but the result is worth the effort.