Everyone knows horseradish as an excellent seasoning for dishes, but not everyone knows that horseradish has not only taste, but also medicinal qualities. In medicine, both the root and the leaves of the plant are used.
Horseradish ordinary - perennial plant, in Russia it grows everywhere, loves moist soil, it is a favorite culture of many gardeners. Its sharp properties horseradish owes active substance sinegrina. People call horseradish peasant mustard, pepper root, forest radish and meat grass. So why is horseradish useful?
The composition of horseradish
- Minerals: K, S, Cl, Ca, Cu, Na, Fe, P, Al.
- Organic and fatty acids.
- Monosaccharides and disaccharides.
- Proteins fats carbohydrates.
- Arginine, aspargin.
- Vitamins of group B, vitamin E, PP, C. And vitamin C in horseradish is many times more than in lemon.
- Essential oils.
Useful properties of horseradish
- Eat horseradish with avitaminosis in the spring.
- Chew horseradish - this is prevention of caries.
- It strengthens the immune system, helps the body fight infections.
- Increases the acidity of the stomach and improves digestion.
- It is used as an expectorant, removes mucus from the body. For this you need to eat half a teaspoon of grated horseradish on an empty stomach.
- Lowers the level of sugar in the body.
- Diuretic and stone remedy.
- A good antiseptic, helps with the healing of purulent wounds.
- Compresses with horseradish help from sciatica.
- It is used in cosmetology to remove freckles and pigment changes of the skin. Also contributes to the narrowing and cleansing of pores.
- Normalizes intestinal motility.
- Treats facial neuralgia.
- Strengthens the appetite, so with diets it is better not to abuse the seasoning from horseradish.
What are the benefits of horseradish leaves?
Fresh horseradish leaves are rich in carotene. Dried leaves of the plant prevent the spread of mold in pickles. They are added as a seasoning in cucumbers at salting.
But the use of horseradish has contraindications.
Contraindications to the use of horseradish
- Inflammatory processes of the digestive system. May cause burns to the mucous membranes.
- To avoid burns on the skin, before applying a slurry on the skin you need to lubricate the surface with vegetable oil.
- Do not use in case of liver disease.
- The use of horseradish is contraindicated in children.
When using horseradish observe the norm.
How to cook "Khrenovinu"?
Ingredients: tomatoes, garlic, horseradish.
Preparation: clean the horseradish (just scrape the root a little), it is not recommended to wash it, remove the skin from the tomatoes, peel the garlic. Mince all ingredients or grind in a blender. Add salt and sugar to taste.
The seasoning retains its beneficial properties for several hours, so it is best to use it fresh. Canned horseradish is useless to the body, vinegar and heat treatment kill all the nutrients.It is better to store horseradish raw and prepare the seasoning immediately before use.
To prevent horseradish from corroding eye mucosa when preparing, put a bag on the meat grinder.
How to cook table horseradish?
Table horseradish is an age-old Russian dish. It was decided to add vinegar to the seasoning in Europe, but in Russia horseradish was prepared according to this recipe.
Scrape the roots with a knife, if necessary, then lightly rinse under running water and dip with a paper towel. Grate the root on a fine grater. At the bottom of a small jar, pour chilled boiled water, put the gruel from the plant into it, as the jar is filled with horseradish, add water to it. Instead of the last part of the water, you can use lemon juice. It should turn out creamy mass, it should add sugar and salt on a pinch. If horseradish stayed, cut it into rings and put it on the bottom of the jar. Seasoning should not be stored for more than half a day, before serving, Russian horseradish is diluted with sour cream: one spoon of gruel and a spoon of sour cream.
Serve their horseradish seasonings to meat and fish dishes, especially tasty there is horseradish with brawn.
Horseradish Salad with Tomatoes
· Tomato - 2 pcs.,
· Grated horseradish - 3 tablespoons,
· Egg - 2 pcs.,
· Sour cream - 3 tablespoons,
· Lemon juice - 1 tablespoon,
· Salt and pepper to taste.
Preparation: wash the tomatoes, peel the eggs, chop the tomatoes and eggs. Making salad dressing. Mix horseradish gruel, lemon juice, sour cream, sugar, pepper. Dressing up the salad. Optionally, you can add parsley to the salad.
Especially for womeninahomeoffice.com.ru - Elena