The organs of the abdominal and chest cavity are separated by a special muscle plate (diaphragm). It is through the opening in the diaphragm that the esophagus passes, which in the normal state completely coincides with its diameter. However, if there is a violation of the elasticity of the muscle tissue of the diaphragm, a shift in the chest cavity from the abdominal organs may occur. This phenomenon is called the "hernia of the esophagus".
Hernia of the esophagus: what is this disease?
Today, there are several types of hernia of the esophagus, with which the symptoms of the disease will be different. Influences not only the mechanism of formation of pathology, but also the unique features of the anatomy. Hernia of the esophagus is divided into sliding, mixed and paraesophaginal.
Sliding (also may be called axial or axial, wandering) hernia of the esophagus is the 1st of the most common types of the disease. If such a disease develops, the upper part of the stomach, the abdominal part of the esophagus and the lower esophageal sphincter penetrate the chest cavity, after which they can return to their place (for example, if a change of position occurs).
Wandering hernia of the esophagus is divided into cardiofundal, cardinal, total gastric and subtotal gastric. There are cases that hernias are not amenable to self-reduction, as a result of which they flow into fixed ones.
Paraesophageal (fixed or amniotic) hernia develops if the lower esophagus or the lower esophageal sphincter (cardia) does not change its position, but penetration into the opening of the diaphragm of the bottom of the stomach occurs. Its location is near the upper esophagus. This type of hernia will be accompanied by the manifestation of unpleasant painful sensations. There is a feeling of nausea, vomiting begins, the movement of food through the esophagus becomes difficult.
With the development of mixed hernias, a combination of mechanisms for the development of fixed and sliding species occurs.
Symptoms and treatment of the disease
If the hernia is small (especially if a sliding hernia develops), they may not show any symptoms at all. Most often, the symptoms of the disease will directly depend not only on the size, but also on the type of pathology.
The most common symptoms of hernia include:
- Heartburn is one of the most frequent and severe symptoms that can be of varying degrees. In some cases, heartburn: http://womeninahomeoffice.com.ru/zdorovie/narodnaya-mediczina/bolezni-i-lechenie/lekarstvo-ot-izzhogi is practically imperceptible, but in the most severe cases, strong bouts of pain are disturbed, as a result of which work capacity is lost. Most often, its manifestation occurs after a meal, at night.
- Belching can occur not only air, but also the contents of the stomach. In the latter case, the mouth often has a bitter or sour taste, as the reflux of the stomach contents gets into the esophagus. Most often this is provoked by the development of a hernia of the esophagus.
- Dysphagia is the difficulty of moving food through the esophagus. It can be formed during the passage of absolutely any kind of food, but it is most pronounced when taking a cold or hot meal, as well as eating too large portions.
- Sternum pain, more rarely in the upper third of the abdomen and hypochondrium. This symptom can be observed in almost 50% of patients, but most often with the development of a fixed hernia.
- Hiccups This sign of a hernia is extremely rare, but can be long (in some cases up to several weeks).
If the development of a sliding hernia has occurred, then its signs can manifest themselves in the case of gastric contents being thrown into the esophagus. The most common are belching, heartburn, nausea.
To date, surgical or conservative treatment of hernia of the esophagus. If a hernia is strangled, there is a need for immediate surgical intervention. Also, the operation will be needed in case of complications of a hernia with a peptic ulcer, in the presence of very large hernias, the size of which exceeds 1/3 of the stomach.-
Conservative treatment is suitable in all other cases. The basis of this type of treatment is the proper diet, through which you can prevent overflow of the stomach, throwing its contents into the esophagus.
If you do not pay due attention to this disease, there is a risk of serious complications:
- Bleeding, anemia;
- An ulcer in the part of the stomach where the hernia is;
- Hernia infringement (the most serious complication that requires immediate surgical intervention);
- Invagination of the esophagus.
What kind of diet do you need to follow?
It is recommended to observe the fractional meals, the portions should not be large. The use of fried, fatty, spice, sweet, carbonated drinks, alcohol, foods that increase gas formation (for example, legumes) is minimized.
For 1.5 hours after a meal, you should not take a horizontal position. It is also important to avoid serious physical exertion, which is directly related to an abrupt change in body position or tilting.
Treatment of hernia of the esophagus folk remedies
If due to certain circumstances modern methods of treatment are not suitable, then you can turn to traditional medicine using proven recipes.
- Broth milk kupeny. Take 25 g dry kupeny and filled with milk (2 tbsp.). The mixture is boiled over a minimum of fire for a couple of minutes. Then cooled, filtered. You need to take the medicine several times a day for 2 tbsp. l .;
- Grass goose pasty. The grass of the goose Potentilka (25 g) is taken and poured with hot water, left for 20 minutes. The decoction is taken orally several times a day for ½ st .;
- Grass large-flowered shoe. 1 tsp. herbs are filled with boiling water and left for 2 hours. The finished medicine should be taken in small sips throughout the day. If desired, add some honey;
- Decoction of seeds. 1 tbsp milk is poured 1 tbsp. l raw and boiled for 5 minutes. Then it is cooled and can be taken orally (preferably on an empty stomach) in the form of heat;
- Grass and leaves stone boulders. To prepare the infusion boiling water poured 1 tbsp. l raw materials and left for 4 hours. It is necessary to take the medicine inside during the day in small portions. You can add some honey;
- Bark of aspen branches. Boiling water poured 1 tbsp. l raw, filtered. It is necessary to take the medicine inside on an empty stomach, 5 times a day, 2 tbsp. l .;
- Grass meadowsweet. This remedy can be taken orally with very severe pain that may be triggered by this disease. 25 g of raw material is taken and boiled in boiling water, left for 2 hours. It is necessary to take the broth inside, before the beginning of the meal, in small sips several times throughout the day.
Hernia of the esophagus is a serious disease that has pronounced symptoms in most forms. In order to identify the disease in a timely manner, it is necessary to consult a doctor with a gastroenterologist at the first signs of pathology. Remember that a hernia of the esophagus is amenable to conservative treatment if it was diagnosed in the early stages!