In everyday life, we often find ourselves in traumatic situations. A person may receive various bruises, sprains and other injuries. A very frequent consequence of getting into such situations is bruising. Of course, if you are not involved in sports or wrestling, the vestibular apparatus works well and smoothly for you, this problem does not often bother you. ABOUTHowever, a bruise is unpleasant not only because it leaves pain, but also because it is an external manifestation of a bruise., that is, very clearly visible on the body.
- If you need to quickly get rid of a bruise that appears, you can try to disguise it. For these purposes you can use, for example, concealer or special makeup. But, as you know, these means of masking are not always effective, because it is rather difficult to cover up the bruise. In addition, such methods - this is not a treatment, but only a disguise. In addition to the makeup, it is better to use bruises.
- You can search for suitable means for a long time. However, it should be remembered that all these tools are usually based on one of two components: heparin. They may have different names and cost. But, paradoxically, the best effect should be expected from the most simple and cheap ointments.
Heparin Bruise Ointment
This ointment is one of the most effective remedies for bruising. It also has a beneficial effect in the treatment of hematomas and bruises.
The composition of the ointment is heparin sodium, which has an anticoagulant effect. This means that one of the main properties of this ointment is blood thinning, which helps reduce swelling and resorption of bruises. In addition, there is another component - benzocaine, which reduces the sensitivity of the skin and, consequently, reduces pain. Heparin ointment It contains nicotinic acid, which specializes in the expansion of blood vessels. I.e, heparin ointment fights all the symptoms that may cause you concern.
The course of treatment with this ointment can vary from 5 to 20 days. The duration of treatment depends on the size of the bruise and the volume of the hematoma. Use the ointment not only to treat injuries. In vascular surgery, it is used to combat thrombophlebitis and hemorrhoids. Purulent surgeons prescribe it to patients with mastitis and trophic ulcers.
Apply heparin ointment should be 2-3 times a day, gently rubbing it into the skin.Applying the ointment usually causes a sensation of heat and redness of the skin at a local level. If you have such feelings, you should not be afraid of allergies. These effects of heat and redness are due to the action of nicotinic acid on the vessels, which, as you know, is designed to expand them. therefore Heparin ointment can not be used with drugs that have blood-thinning and vasodilating properties. Such drugs include, for example, aspirin or warfarin and others.
Mechanism of action of heparin
Heparin is an anticoagulant that has an antithrombotic and anti-inflammatory effect.It is used most often for the prevention and treatment of thrombophlebitis, thrombosis and complications associated with these diseases. Its effect is that the drug acts directly on the blood plasma, while activating agents that enhance the anticoagulant action.-
Being in the composition of the ointment, heparin gradually separates from other components and begins to have an antithrombotic effect, while accompanying it with a small anti-inflammatory effect. Thus, heparin provides resorption of already formed blood clots, and also reduces the risk of formation of new ones. The composition of heparin ointment also includes benzyl nicotiniate, which is designed to expand the surface blood vessels so that heparin is more easily absorbed.
Contraindications and overdose with heparin
- Contraindicateduse of heparin ointment to patients with blood clotting disorders, hypersensitivity to the components contained in the ointment. Heparin is also dangerous with a reduced level of platelets in the blood. Apply this ointment can not be on open wounds or wounds that fester.
- The use of heparin ointment during pregnancy is possible only on prescription. In this case, the doctor must observe the pregnant woman. The use of ointment is considered safe during lactation, but it should also be used as directed by the doctor.
- The first symptom of what happened heparin overdose, may become bleeding. If such a process occurs, you should immediately seek medical help. Skin pruritus, urticaria and dermatitis can be less terrible side effects of using the ointment.
Heparinmay cause hypersensitive reactions, so patients who are susceptible to such reactions should apply a little ointment to a small area of the skin before use. If within a day from the moment of applying the reaction does not appear, the ointment can be used. If this had the opposite effect, the doctor should prescribe another drug.
Now you not only know that bruises can be fought, but even you know exactly how to do it. Heparin ointment - one of the best and least expensive ways to deal with bruises on the skin. You can find this ointment at any pharmacy.