Helicobacter pylori- this is a bacterium that affects the mucous membrane of the human stomach. The bacterium releases a huge amount of toxins and enzymes that weaken and damage the thin mucous walls of the intestine, due to which a person can develop diseases such as gastric and duodenal ulcers, gastritis, and even stomach cancer.
Helicobacter pylori bacterium
Helicobacter pylori bacterium(Helicobacter pylori) belongs to the class of anaerobes (microbes that die in air). Being in the stomach, the bacterium causes a decrease in the protective function of the mucous membrane, therefore, provokes its inflammation. The bacterium lives only in the human stomach.
Infection occurs during contact with a sick person.. Transmission occurs orally, i.e. during kisses, through hygiene items and using one dish. If the family has Helicobacter pylori infected with the bacterium, then all family members are at risk of being infected with this bacterium.
Enough Helicobacter pylori is often transmitted from mother to child through the saliva that falls on a baby’s spoon or nipple.
Helicobacter pylori: normal
Helicobacter pylori- one of the most common infections on earth. The bacterium is found in the body in 60% of the population.
The rate of analysis for Helicobacter pylori is at least 0.9 u / ml. If the analysis shows a value from 0.9 to 1.1 - this is a high probability that the infection is in the human body. If the analysis shows more than 1.1 - this is 100% presence of bacteria in the body. Indicators apply to men, women and children of any age.
Helicobacter pylori assay
Infection analysis Helicobacter pylori carried out in various ways. The analysis helps to detect the microorganism itself, as well as signs of its vital activity and the body’s immunological response to infection. Usuallythe doctor prescribes tests for the patient when a strong inflammatory process in the stomach and duodenum is detected.
Ways detect helicobacter pylori in the body:
- Detection of bacteria in the blood.
- Respiratory tests with the detection of waste products of bacteria.
- DNA detection of bacteria through the analysis of saliva, on plaque or feces.
- Biopsy study of the gastric mucosa.
Helicobacter pylori: symptoms
In some people, the infection can occur without symptoms.
If Helicobacter pylori progresses, there are severe pains that are similar to the manifestation of gastritis, duodenitis, gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer.-
At the beginning of the course of the disease, patients complain of pain in the epigastric region. It seems that the stomach is full, there is nausea and heartburn. In addition, there is increased gas formation in the intestine, an eructation of an unpleasant odor, and the tongue is covered with white bloom.
In children, the symptoms of Helicobacter pylori are manifested in the form of pain in the upper abdomen, indigestion, persistent heartburn, nausea, and belching. These symptoms indicate that the child develops dysbacteriosis, which leads to weight loss, diarrhea and constipation.
Helicobacter pylori treatment regimen
Diagnosis and treatment is carried out by a gastroenterologist. If there are no inflammatory processes in the body, and Helicobacter pylori is still found, this is not an indication for therapy.
For the treatment of helicobacter pylori, various therapeutic regimens are used, which include several antibacterial drugs (amoxicillin, furazolidone, clarithromycin, etc.), antisecretory agents (ranitodine and omeprazole, for example) and bismuth preparations.
Control over the destruction of Helicobacter pylorus is carried out in 3-6 weeks after at least two methods of treatment.
Helicobacter pylori can be treated at home.independently using folk remedies, but in this case it is necessary to consult a doctor in order not to provoke further development of the infection in the body.
Traditional methods of treatment of Helicobacter pylori
- Boil flax seed for 5 minutes. Let the broth brew for 2 hours, then filter. The result will be mucus, which must be taken in 1 tbsp. daily before meals.
- Before eating, drink freshly squeezed potato juice half a glass. This remedy effectively soothes the stomach.
- Mix in equal proportions of celandine, St. John's wort, chamomile and yarrow. Grass mixture pour boiling water at the rate of 4 tbsp. mix on 1 l of water. Allow the infusion to infuse for 8 hours. Prepared tincture drink in small doses before meals. On the day you need to drink 1 glass.
- If you do not have chronic gastritis, you can drink freshly squeezed cabbage juice for half a glass 1 hour before meals. Cabbage contains vitamin U, which promotes healing of damage.
- Prepare the juice from fresh plantain leaves. Take 1 tbsp. juice with warm water 30 minutes before meals.
See also: Blood test for Helicobacter
Helicobacter pylori must be removed from the body so as not to provoke the appearance of ulcers and gastritis.Follow the recommendations of doctors, and then you will get better. The main thing is not to start the disease, and then the disease will recede!