The work of the brain and spinal cord is directly dependent on the intensity of nutrition, and therefore - the blood supply. If for any reason it is violated, the brain faces oxygen starvation. Pathologies in the work of the vessels of the head and neck, the symptoms of which are not always pronounced, require observation and treatment.
The largest cerebral vessels are the common carotid artery and the jugular vein. Each of them forks, giving rise to smaller vessels, which, in turn, pass into even thinner vessels, gradually diverging from the blood capillaries.
Stenosis of blood vessels - a sharp decrease in the lumen, leads to a change in blood pressure, which is expressed by headache.
The anatomy of the human body is such that the vessels of the head and neck react sharply to external conditions, sending signals to the body in the form of pain.
To provoke stenosis of blood vessels can:
- Inadequate physical exertion, body fatigue;
- Long stay in a stuffy room;
- Inconvenient static posture in which neck vessels are clamped;
- Not enough sleep time. Chronic lack of sleep threatens with spasms of blood vessels, headaches turning into a chronic condition;
- Smoking. Substances contained in tobacco smoke, provoke vasoconstriction, including those that feed the brain. Smokers with great experience smoking up a pack of cigarettes per day, the vessels are constantly in a constricted state;
- Disorders of the heart, vegetative-vascular dystonia, disorders of the thyroid gland, atherosclerotic plaques, diseases of the kidneys and adrenal glands can provoke stenosis of blood vessels;
- Stress, accompanied by a surge of adrenaline, leads to a narrowing of blood vessels;
- Noise, discomfort, bright light - conditionally irritating factors that disrupt the normal operation of the body.
A single manifestation of a spasm of cerebral vessels is not dangerous, but with constantly arising symptoms:
- "Front sight" before the eyes;
- Nausea or vomiting accompanying headache;
- Memory impairment;
- Fainting, brief loss of consciousness;
- Lack of coordination and loss of orientation in space
treatment is needed.-
How to remove the spasm of the vessels of the head and neck?
The pharmaceutical industry offers many drugs that can relieve spasm, and as a result, a headache. They can not be considered a panacea, with frequent headaches and discomforts should undergo a medical examination to determine their cause. But in a state where the vessel of the head or neck is spasmodic, measures must be taken to avoid serious complications, such as a stroke.
Drug medications are divided into:
- Drugs that expand the lumen of blood vessels;
- Drugs to improve blood circulation and microcirculation;
- Drugs that reduce blood viscosity
Treatment of cerebral vascular spasms with folk remedies is reduced to a decrease in blood pressure and an increase in the vessel lumen.
- Broth hips, hawthorn is prepared as follows: 2 tsp. berries poured 1 tbsp. warm boiled water and bring to a boil in a water bath, and then insist in a closed glass container for 1-2 hours. Filter the infusion and take 1/3 tbsp. on an empty stomach, half an hour before meals, three times a day;
- Gathering and tinctures of valerian, motherwort, anise, calm the nervous system, lower blood pressure;
- Aromatherapy prescribes to lubricate the skin over the upper lip with lavender, mint or valerian oil;
- Water massage helps: a stream of cold water is directed to the feet for 1-2 minutes, after which the skin is rubbed with a hard towel.
To prevent the occurrence of headaches, it is necessary to spend at least 2 hours a day in the open air, walk, play sports, stop smoking, or at least reduce the number of cigarettes smoked, and review the diet. Greens, vegetables, fiber strengthen vessels, and fatty meats, coffee, tea, mayonnaise and sweets adversely affect the state of the circulatory system.
Headaches are not just an annoying hindrance for work and rest, it is a wake-up call, signaling the beginning of disturbances in the blood supply to the brain. Statistics state that the number of strokes and heart attacks among young people is growing rapidly, therefore, having noticed the dangerous symptoms, which include headaches, it is necessary to consult a doctor.