Many people like camping, fishing, hunting or just walking in the woods. The most long-awaited rest can overshadow annoying insects. Particularly dangerous are bites of gadflies.
Gadfly (gadfly) - small gray flies, whose bites are very painful. Although they are most often harmless, such lesions do not always pass without a trace. If an area of skin that has been injured, itches, hurts and bleeds for several hours or even days, this is a clear sign that the bite has caused allergies. Such a reaction is not caused by the skin itself, but by a substance that enters the human blood through the wound. Such damage is especially dangerous for children. The skin of babies is very delicate, because of this, the bites of gadflies heal for a long time, often causing even suppuration.
Gadfly bite: symptoms
No one is immune from the bite of a horsefly bite, and the consequences of such a bite are unpredictable. The wound may fester or cause an allergic reaction. The damaged area of the skin itches, redness appears, sometimes a tumor is formed. Multiple bites of gadflies lead to serious and dangerous consequences for human life and health.-
Gadfly bite: photo
Gadfly bite: how to treat?
- First of all, after detecting a bite, wash the affected area with warm, soapy water. If there is hydrogen peroxide on hand, then a few drops of the drug can be dropped onto the damaged area of the skin. It will also be useful lubricate the bite with "Fukortsinom" or simple brilliant green.
- If the gadfly bit the child, the pain will accompany the bite for half an hour, so the baby should be given anesthetic. The damaged area will stop itching if you attach a plantain to it or prepare a special compound from this plant. It is necessary to pick the leaves of the plantain, rinse them thoroughly with boiled water and grind into porridge. If dry grass is at hand, it must be soaked in water beforehand. The resulting slurry should be applied to the damaged area of the skin, and a bandage applied over it. You can apply the juice of plantain - they just moisten a clean bandage or shawl and apply it to the wound.
- Another folk remedy for the bites of gadflies - dandelion. To the affected place you need to attach white juice, which is formed on the cut leaf or shoot.
- You can use regular onions. It also needs to be crushed into a mush, saturate the handkerchief with the released juice and apply to the affected skin.
- By the way scratching the damaged area is strictly prohibited! This will cause even more itching, and the wound will heal longer.
- If an allergic reaction does not pass, then you should start taking antihistamines. In the event that the temperature rises, nausea, vomiting, difficulty breathing, then in this case you can not self-medicate, you should immediately consult a doctor or call an ambulance!
Gadfire bites are not only painful, they can cause serious consequences. Swelling of the skin, allergies, suppuration - frequent consequences. Begin treatment in a timely manner! At the first sign of a severe allergic reaction, immediately contact a doctor!