Expectorants are a frequent visitor in the first-aid kits of young parents, whose children easily pick up the infection during the exacerbation period and are treated for a long time. A prolonged dry cough quickly turns into a deep and wet one, and it is very important to prevent the condition from worsening until the disease develops into bronchitis or pneumonia. "Fluditec" refers specifically to such drugs, while it is highly effective, allowing you to bypass the acute stage within a day.
Fuditatek cough syrup for children: instructions for use and general description
"Fluditec" is a classic mucolytic agent based on carbocysteine, produced in the form of a syrup for children and for adults. By chemical composition, their only difference is in the dosage of the main active ingredient - in the children's version only 2 g of carbocysteine per 100 ml of liquid. The proportion of sucrose is also increased to 70 g, the E131 dye is missing, and the flavor has a banana flavor. In this case, there is the dye E100, which causes the orange shade of the syrup.
- "Fluditec" has an expectorant and mucolytic action, and the effect is already apparent after 40-60 minutes, and after 2 hours the concentration of the active substance in the blood reaches its peak. It is held at this level for 8 hours (on the mucous membrane), displayed unchanged and with the help of the kidneys.
Indications for use of this drug are:
- "Wet" cough of any origin
- Inflammation of the nasopharynx and middle ear with the separation of mucus
- Acute and chronic bronchopulmonary diseases
- Preparation for bronchial screening procedures (for their purification)
- Bronchial asthma
However, with its high efficiency (often 5-7 days is enough to completely get rid of the problem without additional intervention), the drug has a number of side effects and limitations, especially often manifested in children.
- Diarrhea, dyspepsia, nausea, epigastric pain, flatulence, and gastrointestinal bleeding are possible on the part of the digestive system. On the part of the skin - itching, urticaria, swelling. With the abolition of the drug, all side effects should pass within 24 hours, however, in case of their aggravation, it is required to consult a specialist.
- In children, Flyuditek syrup can be used from 2 years old, and an adult bottle is used from 15 years old. In pregnancy, the infant version with caution is allowed from the 4th month, the adult is completely prohibited. The same applies to the lactation period. Do not use the drug for peptic ulcer of the digestive tract.
The instruction to the syrup "Flyuditek" for children is as follows:
- Children under 5 years old give 3-5 ml once, not more than 2 times a day. The maximum daily dose is 200 mg per day.
- Children after 5 years of age can increase the dose to 5 mg a day, while taking part up to 3 times a day. The total daily dose is up to 300 mg per day.
- The recommended regimen is before meals, within 45-60 minutes, or after eating 2 hours. If the stomach is sensitive, you can take the syrup 1 hour after eating (dense) or 30 minutes (light).
- The total duration of the course is 10 days, but can be reduced to 3-5 days, if improvement comes faster. It is possible to prolong reception only according to the recommendation of the attending physician and in case of absence of by-effects.
“Flyudeciec” syrup does not enter into conflicts with other drugs, but when used simultaneously with drugs based on theophylline, they enhance the effect of this substance.
The cost of baby syrup in a 125 ml bottle varies between 280-350 rubles.
- Pauline: This cough syrup was prescribed to us by a pediatrician, assuring us that the remedy is very effective. I read the instructions several times, but decided to make the child drink it. A “wet” cough was present at that time for a week, there was a short period of dry cough before it, we were afraid that it would reach bronchitis. On the 2nd day, the mucus began to expectoration, on the 4th the cough stopped altogether. Therefore, I did not have to doubt the effectiveness of the drug. However, my daughter coughed up very strongly - on the first day I gave her syrup for the night, and until the morning we slept in fragments. The next day, in the evening, I had to do without him, replacing Althea syrup.
- Daria: Among the shortcomings of "Flyitek" I will indicate only the dye E110 - I do not think that it should be present in children's medications. The rest is an excellent drug that we always buy with the arrival of winter. Both sons (3 and 4 years) get sick actively, apparently catching up in the kindergarten, so every time, as soon as the active "wet" cough begins, I give them 1-2 times a day for a spoonful of syrup. Usually on the 3rd day we already see significant improvements, by the end of the week we stop drinking the medicine.
- Inna: I would never have thought that pediatricians would prescribe expectorant drugs of synthetic origin to babies! “Flyuditek” was recommended to us by the attending physician - the daughter (1.5 g) had time to get sick 3 times in the winter, with the last cough pestered so that we didn’t sleep at all. They began to drink syrup, and already after the first use, the baby showed diarrhea and nausea. I looked through the reviews, saw words about synthetics and a large number of side effects that manifest themselves in children, and we completed the course on this. I will definitely not touch "Flyuitek" anymore - we’d rather look for natural analogues.
Flyuditek syrup: analogs of the drug for children
Its composition is almost identical to "Fluiteku" and is considered its pure counterpart - the active substance is also carbocisteine, also not without a dye, but now E124, has natural fruit flavors, sucrose, vanillin, sodium hydroxide. Mucolytic drug is available both in the format of an adult syrup, and in the form of a syrup for children, where the active substance is 20 mg per 1 ml of the drug. Indications for use are absolutely similar to those indicated for "Flyuitek" - bronchopulmonary diseases, bronchial asthma, preparation for examinations of the bronchi.
- The drug has side effects from the digestive and nervous system: dizziness, weakness, dyspeptic disorders, nausea, epigastric pain. Allergic skin reactions are also possible.
- Children "Libexin Mucco" is allowed from 2 years old, is strictly prohibited for pregnant women, can be used during breastfeeding. Among the contraindications of inflammation of the mucous membrane of the digestive tract, cystitis and hypersensitivity to any of the components of the syrup. For people with diabetes, the dosage is counted separately due to the presence of sucrose in the composition of the drug. Sold without a prescription.
It is also almost a complete analogue of Flyuitek, based on carbocysteine, 25 mg per 1 ml of the drug in syrup and 375 mg in 1 capsule. Children are shown syrup, due to the lower concentration of the active substance. Indications for use are similar to those for "Flyuitek" and "Libexin", the spectrum of action is also no different - a classic expectorant that promotes rapid sputum release from the lungs.
- Side effects in most cases are observed only on the part of the digestive system, as well as in the form of a skin allergic reaction. Asthma can cause airway spasms. Unambiguous contraindications to taking the drug is the child's age (up to 2 years), pregnancy and lactation, ulcers, cystitis, glomerulonephritis.
- The duration of treatment "Bronchobos" should not exceed 10 days, while reducing the dosage by half, when the main manifestations of the disease are eliminated (mostly for 2-3 days). Judging by the comments of young parents, negative reactions to this drug in children occur less frequently than on Flyudeek, as a result of which it is in great demand.
The same close analogue for "Flyuitek", acting on carbocisteine, however, the dosage of the active substance allows you to use this drug even in newborns (from the 2nd month of life), without causing them to deteriorate with other systems of the body: digestive, nervous and etc. True, this applies specifically to syrup and capsules - granules are allowed for children from 12 years of age.
- For infants up to 2.5 years old, syrup is prescribed in a volume of not more than 50 mg at a time, twice a day. After 2.5 years, the dosage is increased to 100 mg, and from 5 years, you can increase the dosage to 200 mg per dose. In this case, the duration of treatment can be as long as 5 days (to remove the exacerbation), and 30 days, if the disease is in the chronic stage.
- It is undesirable to use the drug from the 4th month of pregnancy, as well as with a history of peptic ulcer, lactation. In the acute form of the inflammatory processes of the digestive tract "Mucosol" is prohibited, side effects are possible from the digestive and nervous systems
Also a good analogue of "Flyitek", based on carbocysteine, in a dosage of 25 mg per 1 ml of syrup (children's version). According to the scheme of exposure is identical, according to indications for use, instructions and dosage is also no different. Side effects arise from the digestive system. Not suitable for children under 2 years old.
If we are not talking about analogues in chemical composition, but about drugs with a similar principle of action and the same indications for use, then attention can be paid to the following means:
- "Bromhexine". Allowed to children from 2 years old, working at the expense of Bromhexine.
- Fluimucil. Granules, the active ingredient acetyltysteine, children are allowed from 1 year.
- "Lasolvan". Works on the basis of Ambroxol, safe even for newborns.
- Mukaltin. Based on an extract from Althea, allowed for children from 1 year.
- Gedelix. On the basis of ivy leaves, allowed in the treatment of newborns, has no restrictions on the age of the child.
All the above preparations are the same mucolytic agents as Flyudec, their main mass is aimed at pulling sputum from the lungs, and additional functions may also be present, depending on the active ingredients. The choice of a particular drug should be done in consultation with the doctor or after a thorough study of the composition of the drug.