Dry cough during the period of seasonal diseases can cause a lot of inconvenience. Its soreness and unproductiveness are debilitating, without leading to an improvement in the condition and release of sputum. Not always pharmacy drugs can be safe for humans. In this regard, many people are looking for an effective folk remedy for dry cough.
Will traditional medicine help?
Modern pharmacology produces a lot of cough medicine, but not all of them can be taken safely. Sometimes medications contain components that cause allergies or have side effects.
In this regard, most people prefer treatment with folk remedies: herbs, compresses, rubbing. They are more affordable and do not harm the body.
However, alternative medicine products do not always give the expected effect. In the initial stage of the disease, they help to relieve symptoms and stop the development of the disease. But in advanced cases, self-treatment turns into a dangerous game, fraught with complications. Here you can not do without serious medical drugs.
Thus, folk remedies for dry cough can only help in the beginning of the disease or at the stage of recovery, when it is necessary to achieve a liquefaction of sputum. What recipes will help us?
Expectorants for dry cough: folk remedies
Expectorants should be taken to separate the sputum and force it out of the body. The most productive are the following.
- Liquorice root. This is perhaps the most powerful natural expectorant. You can use sold in the pharmacy breast fees or buy only the root of the plant. 1 tbsp. l chopped herbs need to pour a glass of water and boil over low heat, then infuse for 2 hours. The decoction is recommended to take 1 tbsp. l before meals 4-5 times a day.
- Violet tricolor. This plant removes asphyxiation well. 2 tbsp. l herbs need to be put in a thermos and pour 2 tbsp. boiling water. Insist means all night. Half an hour before a meal, take 0.5 st.
- Coltsfoot. The plant has in its composition mucus, which well protects the larynx. From it and Althea root, you can make an infusion. To do this, take 1 tbsp. l each plant and pour 2 tbsp. boiling water. Insist for 15 minutes, then take 0.5 tbsp. before meals 2 times a day.
- Althaea. In this recipe will be used flowers and roots of the plant. 1 tbsp. l raw materials pour a glass of boiling water, insist 20 minutes. Drink a quarter cup 3-4 times daily before meals.
- Ginger. Only adults can use this remedy, it is contraindicated for children. For 200 g of sugar take 1 tsp. dry ginger. Lightly pour water over the mixture and put on a small fire. It is necessary that sugar does not burn. When the mass thickens and turns into a syrup, remove from the stove and use 0.5 tsp. three times a day.
- Milk with honey. This medicine has long been known, widely available, since it is sometimes much easier to get both its ingredients than any herb in a pharmacy. In a hot milk you need to put a spoonful of honey and a little soda. The first can be replaced with fat cream. If a person does not tolerate lactose, dairy products are recommended to be replaced with hot tea, adding oil to it.
- Onions with sugar. Mix slices of onion and sugar and leave the mixture until morning. Vegetable should sap. In the morning, cooked infusion should be eaten on an empty stomach.
- Honey with lemon. Sliced lemon must be mixed with glycerin, and then add honey to it. Consume from 3 to 7 times a day, depending on the strength of cough.
Treatment of dry cough folk remedies can be carried out quickly and effectively, if you use the help of some other health allies. They are tested by many generations.
This is the strongest cough and cold remedy. There are several ways to prepare it for medicinal purposes.-
- Slice radish, add honey or sprinkle with sugar. Insist 6 hours, then take a spoonful every hour.
- Remove from the radish top and remove the pulp. Pour the honey inside and leave the vegetable for the whole day. Then eat a spoonful of the mixture three times a day.
- Radish peeled, chopped into cubes and send to the pan. Top pour 4 tbsp. l honey or pour sugar. Put the tool in the oven, slightly warming it up, and cook for 2 hours. Take mush in 1 tbsp. l three times a day.
This is another strong cough remedy. Needles of conifers are suitable not only for inhalation, but also for the preparation of infusions and decoctions for drinking.
- 5 tsp. chopped needles pour 0.5 liters of boiling water. Insist for 3 hours, then put on the fire and boil for 3 minutes. Add 0.3 kg of granulated sugar and cook until the broth thickens. Take 1 tbsp. l 5 times a day.
- Pine buds (50 g) pour 0.5 liters of milk and boil for 20 minutes. Drink a few sips during the day.
- 1 tbsp. l pine buds pour a glass of boiling water. Insist on for 2 hours. Drink a quarter glass three times a day.
Compresses and rubbing
Effective folk remedy for dry cough - rubbing or compresses. You can use these recipes.
- Smear honey chest. Wet the towel or any piece of cloth with vodka and attach it to the chest. Cover with plastic and a warm blanket.
- Grate the breast fat (badger or bear). Cover with a towel and a warm blanket.
- Mix in equal proportions butter, honey, vodka. Heat the mixture in a water bath, moisten a piece of bandage or cotton cloth in it and apply it to the area between the shoulder blades. Wrap and leave overnight.
Using inhalation, it is also possible to achieve the transition of dry cough to productive. When treating with decoctions, it is recommended to use the old grandmother's method - to breathe over a saucepan. Modern nebulizers are not designed for self-made tools: grass particles will get stuck in the device and can lead to the fact that it fails.
The following herbs are suitable for inhalation:
- St. John's wort;
- dog rose;
Do not forget about boiled potatoes, which is an indispensable tool for coughing.
Treatment of folk remedies is absolutely safe. However, one should not place too high hopes on him. Herbs and plants sometimes act slowly. When the disease is neglected, they will not be able to completely cure. In this case, you will have to seek help from a doctor.