When spring comes, many gardeners begin to fight the most common and annoying weed - dandelion. But such an attitude to this "solar" plant is unjustified, because the dandelion root has long been known useful properties and contraindications in traditional medicine and can be useful in many areas of our lives, ranging from the treatment of various diseases and ending with cooking.
Dandelion Root - Famous Folk Remedy
The beneficial properties of dandelion root are known in many countries. For example, in the USA, India and Japan, this plant is cultivated specifically. Dandelion root, the use of which in folk medicine is quite extensive, has been used since ancient times by our ancestors to treat many diseases and disorders.
- If a person suffered from diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, such as gastritis, traditional healers advised to brew dandelion and drink decoction, because its bitterness contributes to the development of gastric juice. The children, who often refused to eat, were also given an infusion of this miraculous plant that stimulates the appetite.
- In the case of chronic constipation, a decoction is taken as a laxative.
- Dandelion root, the beneficial properties and contraindications of which are confirmed by the practice of many years of use, will come to the rescue if it is necessary to improve the functioning of the liver, because it has a choleretic effect. Traditional healers recommend it for cholecystitis, hepatitis and gallstone disease.
- The dandelion root helps those who need constant cleaning of vessels from cholesterol plaques, successfully dissolving them.
- The secret of common sense and solid memory of the elderly people used to be in the infusion based on the root of this sunny flower. This drink is an excellent prevention of sclerosis, helps strengthen memory and focus. Its good to drink instead of tea and coffee. And with sleep problems and neurotic diseases, the dandelion root has long been drunk as a sedative.
The extract of this plant today can be seen in many cosmetic and medicinal preparations.
Properties and contraindications
The composition of the dandelion root includes many useful substances for the human body.
- Due to the presence of beta-carotene, infusions and decoctions are used as cleansing the body to help get rid of toxins.
- Bitter substances help to improve the digestive system, increasing the secretion of gastric juice and the flow of bile.
- The content of inulin helps to reduce blood sugar levels (which is especially important for patients with diabetes mellitus), and also contributes to the removal of toxic substances and strengthens the immune system.
- B vitamins have a positive effect on metabolic processes, improving the overall condition of the body.
- Sterols, carbohydrates, gums and some other substances can reduce cramps, purify the blood and increase the production of breast milk.
Dandelion root has not only healing properties, but also contraindications. Doctors do not recommend it when:
- indigestion and diarrhea;
- increased gastric acidity;
- blockage of the ducts, which are derived from bile.
How does a dandelion help shape?
Dietitians advise dandelion root for weight loss during the period of perenyage of the plant (in the fall) or in the spring before the start of flowering. It is also worth remembering that it is impossible to collect raw materials near roads and in places of heavy traffic, otherwise it will not only fail to produce the desired effect, but may also be harmful to health.
The most effective in the fight against obesity are broths that are very easy to prepare.
- It is necessary to grind thoroughly washed root.
- Pour 1 tbsp. l 1 liter of boiling water.
- 15 minutes to warm up in a water bath.
- After that, strain and take 0.5 st. 30 minutes before meals.
Please note: this tea has a high diuretic effect. Therefore, you need to add to your diet a sufficient amount of carrots, apples, oranges, bananas and baked potatoes.-
Dandelion can be added to the composition of herbal preparations (with nettle, mint, dill), contributing to weight loss. They are brewed in a thermos, after which they drink as tea after a meal, adding lemon.
You can also prepare an infusion that promotes the excretion of toxins and accelerates the process of metabolism. To do this, take 1 tbsp. l dandelion root, fennel, parsley seeds, mint leaves, as well as 3 tbsp. l buckthorn, pour 0.5 liters of boiling water and let it brew. Take this broth in the morning before breakfast, the duration of the course is 10-14 days.
Do not exceed doses of infusions, otherwise you risk getting an unpleasant surprise in the form of diarrhea or vomiting.
What about dandelion root say reviews?
With the help of the plant you can cure a lot of diseases, so its root has become an indispensable assistant for many people. On the Internet you can find a lot of reviews testifying to its benefits.
Those who systematically drank dandelion root tea noted that chronic fatigue disappeared as a result, and the general condition improved. This is not surprising: this drink is an excellent additional source of energy due to the content of inulin, which helps to easily transfer the transitional seasonal periods.
Collecting dandelion roots, making an infusion of them and taking in the winter, some people avoid problems during the period of "rampant" flu and colds. Beta-carotene, which is part of the plant, is a powerful immunostimulant, and thanks to its help, expensive medications may not be required.
Thus, the dandelion root, the reviews of which are exclusively positive, is a good supportive tool during periods of exacerbation of diseases, changing seasons or accumulation of fatigue.
Dandelion root is truly a unique and universal healing tool with a long history of use. There are about a hundred medicinal species of this plant, and all of them have an excellent therapeutic effect. We can only resort to their help, and nature will take care of our health.