If your child has reddened, itchy and "sour" eyes, tears flow from them, then drops of conjunctivitis for children will definitely be useful to you. Do not know what? Then you are probably the first child. Because most children at least once in their lives are faced with such a disease. So, what drugs will help to safely and quickly cure the eyes of a baby?
Children often suffer from conjunctivitis. It is with such a problem that parents, as a rule, lead their children to an appointment with an ophthalmologist. There are a lot of babies among the sick who have not even turned a year. According to statistics, this disease accounts for 20-30% of the entire ocular pathology in young patients.
In most cases, to defeat such a disease is easy, you just need to choose the "right" droplets.
Kinds of drops for eye treatment
If you think that you can find the most suitable drops of conjunctivitis for children in a pharmacy, you are deeply mistaken. In order for the drug to work, you need to know what kind of conjunctivitis - bacterial, viral or allergic - "attacked" your child. Otherwise, the effect will be zero.
Today, the pharmacy assortment drugs for conjunctival inflammation are represented by the following pharmacological groups:
- antibiotics in the form of eye drops;
- antiviral, antiparasitic and antifungal drops;
- eye antiseptics.
In the treatment of conjunctivitis, the drops occupy one of the first places, since they make it possible to deliver the drug directly to the affected area.
The best drops from bacterial conjunctivitis
Conjunctivitis of bacterial origin is diagnosed in 70% of cases. The bad habit, which is developed in many children, is to blame for this: they rub their eyes with dirty hands and “transfer” the pathogenic bacteria to the mucous membrane. To learn this form of the disease simply by such symptoms: pain and a sense of the presence of a foreign object in the eye, yellow crusts on the eyelids, suppuration, stuck together eyelids.
If your child showed exactly such manifestations of the disease, then you can purchase the following drops in conjunctivitis in children:-
- Fuzzitalmik. Looks like a light suspension semi-liquid consistency. Antibiotic local action. Contains fuzidovuyu acid. The tool should be applied in the form of instillation of 1 cap. twice a day one week. The opened bottle is allowed to be stored for a month. The drug is not suitable for helping newborns (especially premature). Price - 350 rubles.;
- Albucid Antimicrobial drug is an aqueous solution of sulfacitamide. Babies can use only 20% solution, newborns - 10%. Able to cause burning after application. It is instilled in the conjunctival sac from 4 to 6 r. per day 1-2 cap. Before use, the drug should be heated to room temperature. The opened vial is stored for a maximum of 28 days. It is worth 55 rubles;
- Ciprofloxacin. Sold also under the name "Tsipromed." Created on the basis of antibiotics - fluoroquinolones. Contraindicated in infants up to a year. Apply to eliminate conjunctivitis follows this scheme: 1 cap. 2 days, then 5 days every 4 hours. It costs about 40 rubles;
- Levomitsetin. Abshs. Use it only for children older than 2 years old and 1 cap. 2 p. 7 days. One of the most inexpensive drugs: its price is 19-24 rubles;
- Vitabact - drops from conjunctivitis for newborns (from 0 years). The active ingredient of the drug is Pikloksidin. Apply 1 cap. in the affected eye2-6 p. per day 10 days. You will have to pay more than 300 rubles for the medicine;
- Tobrex. A very popular means by which mothers successfully treat conjunctivitis in babies (including children up to one year old). Although it cannot be called cheap (250 rubles), it provides a good healing effect and does not cause allergies. The drug is dripped under the lower eyelid and 1 cap. 5 r. in a day. It is recommended to conduct such procedures for a week.
What can cure the viral form?
Viral conjunctivitis occurs when illnesses of an infectious nature - influenza, ARVI. The lacrimation joins the standard symptoms of these afflictions. The child complains that his eyes are itchy (or just starts rubbing them). But there is no purulent discharge, and the eyelashes do not stick together. The disease first affects one eye, and then “attacks” on the second.
If you are trying to find effective drops from conjunctivitis for children, a list of drugs that will help in the treatment of the viral form of this disease is presented below:
- Ophthalmoferon. High-quality antiviral drug. Produces a positive effect on local immunity and stimulates the regeneration processes in the cornea. Dosage and frequency of use depends on the severity of symptoms. Medication drip 2-8 p. per day 1-2 cap. no more than 5 days. Sold drops of 300 rubles .;
- Aktipol. The peculiarity of these drops is that they trigger the formation of natural interferon, eliminate puffiness and heal the cornea. Use the tool should be from 3 to 8 p. every day for 10 days 2 cap. in every eye. After recovery, the instillation continues for another 7 days. Buying a medicine will cost 150 rubles .;
- Dexamethasone Very famous drug. Children after 6 years of age are prescribed a drop of 2-3 p. in a day. The course is from 7 to 10 days. After applying some time, there may be a burning sensation. Not recommended for use longer than 2 weeks. The drug is inexpensive: the average price is 55 rubles.
For the treatment of viral varieties of conjunctivitis, it is advisable to use Tobrex, Albucid.
What drops to buy if the eyes of the child suffered from allergic inflammation?
Symptoms of allergic conjunctivitis are quite common, so parents can easily determine that their child has suffered a similar ailment. The patient suffers from intolerable itching, pain, unexpressed conjunctival edema. In this case, to facilitate the state, you can use such drops:
- Azelastine (Allergodil). Suitable only for children from 4 years. It has antiallergic and antihistamine effects. It is necessary to bury in the eyes of 1 cap. morning and evening until the complete disappearance of the disease. According to indications, the dose can be increased to 4 r. per day. Allergodil can be purchased at a price of 320 rubles;
- Opatanol. Allowed to use with prolonged treatment, practically does not cause side effects. The instruction permits to apply these drops from 3 years (1-2 drops. Not more than 3 p. Per day). The interval between such manipulations should not exceed 8 hours. This tool in pharmacies you will be offered for 400-450 rubles.;
- Levocabastine. Quickly relieves the symptoms of allergic conjunctivitis. You can use children from 12 years of age. The number of instillations per day - 2 times 1 cap. (in difficult cases - 3-4 cap.). Before starting the procedures, shake the bottle, avoid touching the eyelids with a pipette. Cost - from 250 rubles .;
- Lecrolin Its main component is cromoglicic acid. This tool (as well as Tobrex) can be used to treat allergic conjunctivitis in newborns and children up to 4 years. It costs 130 rubles.
If you have children in your family, be prepared to meet with conjunctivitis. It is hardly appropriate to buy drops in advance: if necessary, you will always find them in any pharmacy. But still you should not carelessly treat the treatment of this disease, because we are talking about vision. Therefore, reduce the child to an ophthalmologist (especially if he is not even a year old) - this is how you are guaranteed and without consequences, defeat conjunctival inflammation.