Cilantro is one of the most popular types of spices today in many countries of the world. This seasoning is especially loved in Oriental cuisines, on the tables of the peoples of Asia. Moreover, the best chefs use both grass (both dried and fresh), and seeds (coriander).
Add cilantro to many dishes: Korean salads and other salads, vegetable and meat dishes, etc. In the Caucasus, marinating kebabs is not complete without adding cilantro, it gives the meat even more juiciness and flavor. Cilantro is part of the curry seasoning.
Cilantro grows where there is a lot of sun. This plant is very thermophilic. Its other name is Chinese parsley.
Useful properties of cilantro
- 100 g of cilantro contains about 22 Kcal, and ground dried seasoning contains 216 Kcal. Cilantro removes toxins from our body. That is why nutritionists recommend eating it to people suffering from excess weight.
- The plant contains more than a dozen types of essential oils, several types of acids, vitamins (B1, B2, C and P) and minerals, thanks to which it has many useful properties. It contains pectins, rutin, carotene and many microelements important for humans.
- 7 most useful organic acids in cilantro: ascorbic, oleic, isooleic, linoleic, stearic, palmitic and myristic. These acids are one in one - they have a firming effect on human immunity and protect our body from the penetration of infections and viruses.
Cilantro in traditional medicine
Cilantro is widely used in traditional medicine. From the seeds and the essential oil of the plant, an extract is made, with the help of which they are treated (in combination with other ingredients). Also used decoction and infusion of cilantro. Cilantro helps with the following ailments:
- Various kinds of inflammation. Acids in cilantro have anti-inflammatory as well as anti-arthritic and antirheumatic properties.
- Cardiovascular diseases, heart diseases. This plant lowers blood pressure, improves blood microcirculation through the vessels, strengthens heart health.
- Diabetes. Cilantro stimulates endocrine glands, and therefore can lower blood sugar levels.
- Colds. It is an excellent expectorant.
- Anemia. In the treatment of anemia, cilantro helps due to its iron content.
- Edema. The grass is able to remove excess fluid from the human body. Therefore, it relieves swelling caused by impaired kidney function and anemia.
- Anorexia. This seasoning promotes the secretion of digestive juices, stimulating digestion.
- Menstrual disorders in women. Cilantro restores the menstrual cycle, alleviates pain and eliminates the unpleasant symptoms of the premenstrual and menstrual periods.
- Skin diseases. Antioxidant, antifungal and antimicrobial properties of cilantro help to cope with diseases such as eczema and fungal infections of the skin.
- Intestinal Disorders, Diarrhea. Spice promotes normal digestion, binds the intestinal contents.
- Liver dysfunction. The properties of cilantro help the liver cells to recover and bring the organ to a healthy state.
- Mouth ulcers. Components of plant essential oils are excellent antiseptics. They have a healing and antimicrobial effect.
- Eye treatment. Conjunctivitis.Vitamins A and C, contained in cilantro, as well as phosphorus and some other trace elements relieve stress from the eyes.
- To enhance libido. Cilantro is a natural aphrodisiac known since ancient times.
In addition to all the listed properties, cilantro is a sedative, anticarcinogenic, antihistamine, anticonvulsant.-
As with any drug, cilantro has its own contraindications:
- pregnancy and lactation;
- It is not recommended to abuse cilantro for people who have suffered a stroke or myocardial infarction;
Thus, the beneficial properties of cilantro have been known since antiquity. It was used not only for medical purposes, but also for love purposes. The ancient Chinese used it to treat impotence and to prolong youth and life. To this day they use cilantro as a condiment, which stimulates the appetite. But few people know that in addition to medical properties, the benefit of cilantro lies in the fact that it is an excellent air purifier. Therefore, it is possible to grow it in the kitchen in the winter: it will clear the air, and it will be useful in cooking!
- Useful properties of coriander
- How to grow basil?
- Is cilantro and coriander the same?
Those who regularly eat the plant do not suffer from cardiovascular, catarrhal, and many other diseases. They sleep better and have a wonderful appetite. And all this thanks to the beneficial properties of cilantro!