Calamus root is known for a long time as a medicinal plant. On its basis, prepare medications, tinctures, decoctions. The Cree Indians in northern Alberta made chewing the roots a part of national culture. What are the healing properties of calamus root, if it is revered as a folk doctor all over the world?
Features of the plant
Air is a herbaceous plant that lives mainly in swamps. For Europeans, the more common name is "sabelnik": it is mentioned more than once on pharmaceutical packaging. The roots of calamus after collection are dried in air at a temperature of 30 degrees, and then brought to the desired state in the dryer.
The drug allows you to cope with a huge number of diseases. It:
- colic in the intestines;
- liver disease;
- diseases of the respiratory system;
- gynecological diseases;
- wounds and ulcers;
- high pressure;
- inflammatory processes;
- depressed nervous system.
This is not a complete list of diseases and pathological conditions with which calamus root is capable of fighting. However, it should be taken carefully. The plant contains Azaron, which is a strong hallucinogen. In European varieties, this substance is in small quantities, but it is a lot of it in the American and Eastern varieties. This is due to the ability of calamus to excite the nervous system.
Calamus root has not only medicinal properties, but also contraindications for use:
- individual intolerance of the product;
- pregnancy and lactation;
- kidney disease;
- exacerbation of chronic processes;
- increased acidity of the stomach;
- with bleeding.
Although herbs are often perceived as a harmless remedy, application of calamus is recommended only after consulting a physician. Overdose of this plant leads to severe vomiting and dysfunction of the stomach.
How to use?
There are many recipes that help to cope with various diseases. If you follow them and carry out treatment patiently, observing all the conditions, then patients will succeed.-
- Depression, depression of the nervous system. Infusion is prepared on the basis of dessert wine. At 1 liter, you must take 100 g of dried root and insist 2 weeks. Drink a third of a glass before meals three times a day.
- Tonsillitis. 2 tbsp. l plants pour 1 tbsp. boiling water and cook in a water bath for half an hour. The resulting decoction gargle.
- Pancreatitis. Grind calamus root, dandelion (50 g each), thyme leaves, mint, hop cones (25 g each) in a coffee grinder. It should be a homogeneous powder, 5 tbsp. which can be added to 200 g of jam or honey. Put the tool in the refrigerator and take it twice a day for 2 tsp.
- For eyes. 1 tsp. root pour 0.3 liters of wine. After 2 weeks, the infused mixture can be drunk 20-30 drops, adding them to a cup of water.
- Myoma. You can get a fairly effective tool if you mix 1 tbsp. l root and 50-60 g of honey and aloe juice. After 3 days, when the mixture is infused, eat daily before meals for 1 tbsp. l
- Hepatitis. Take 1 part of the root of calamus, St. John's wort and immortelle. 1 tbsp. l mixture of herbs pour 1 tbsp. water and boil for 10 minutes. Take a decoction of 0.5 st. three times a day.
- Gastritis, intestinal colic. 1 tsp. roots of 0.25 liters of boiling water. After half an hour, drink the infusion half a cup 4 times a day.
- Bowel disease. 1 tsp. Boil the roots and a couple of spoons of rice cereal in half a liter of water for 20 minutes and drink 0.5 tbsp. three times a day for 2 days.
- Gastric diseases. 3 tsp. mountain ash and 1 tsp. calamus roots pour a glass of cool water. When the mixture is infused for an hour, boil and allow to cool. Means to drink half a cup before meals three times a day.
- Bloating. 2-3 tsp. root pour 0.25 liters of boiled water and leave for a couple of hours, tightly covering the cup. Need to drink 50-60 ml before meals.
- Hemorrhoids. In this disease, it is necessary to make baths with the addition of decoction of the roots. To do this, 20-30 g of funds poured a liter of water. When the root infusions, the tool must be added to the bath.
- Diseases of the gallbladder. A decoction of 1 tsp. roots take half a cup 3-4 times a day.
- Hair problems. Take equal parts of burdock root and calamus and rinse the hair with a decoction of these herbs.
- Gum disease. Prepare an infusion of 1 tsp. roots and 0.3 liters of water. Insist a couple of hours and rinse the mouth.
- Stomatitis, periodontitis, tonsillitis. The healing properties of calamus calamus root can also be used in chronic and acute pharyngeal inflammations. For cooking means you need to take 1 tbsp. l root and oak bark. Pour over medicinal plants 2 liters of water and boil for half an hour. Add 1 tbsp. l sage and nettle. When the decoction is ready, gargle them.
There are many recipes for how to apply calamus root to treat diseases. Each patient chooses the one that seems to him the most appropriate. But in order for the therapy to be successful, it is better to consult a doctor before use.
Calamus root for strengthening hair and for various diseases: reviews
Many people are increasingly turning to traditional medicine, and, as reviews show, calamus is not the last medicinal plant in the list of assistants in the struggle for health. The root of this marsh healer is mainly used by people who do not want to turn to official medicine in the treatment of the stomach, intestines, and liver.
Along with burdock roots, calamus has found widespread use in lovers of thick and long hair. The remedy really helps, but, like all herbs, it takes time.
At the forums, cautious users have expressed their concerns about the use of fresh calamus in the fresh form. It is a strong hallucinogenic drug. If you chew even dried root, you can provoke a strong vomiting. So it is better to cook decoctions and tinctures.
Calamus root is a faithful helper of people in the fight against disease. His healing properties are now known to you. To cure the disease, adopt this plant, but use it very carefully, like all herbs. The root of sabelnik is a serious and far from harmless remedy.