Eating fruits and vegetables is a prerequisite for a proper, healthy and balanced diet. As you know, root vegetables are very useful for digestion, especially boiled beets. The benefits and harms of this product are little known. Let's talk about this.
Cooked beets: health benefits and harm
Before we get an answer to the question of whether boiled beets are useful, let's look at what component composition this root crop has. Everything that is given to us by nature is enriched with mineral and fortified micro and macro elements. Boiled beets are no exception. This inconspicuous root crop contains a whole store of natural vitamins, in particular:
- organic fiber;
- folic acid;
- B vitamins;
- a nicotinic acid;
Each of the above components in sufficient quantity is contained in beets, therefore, the use of such a product will satisfy the daily need of the organism for fortified and organic substances. Beets are often included in the diet, because it is considered a low-calorie product. The energy value of this root is only 40 Kcal per 100 g of product.
Some people are skeptical of this product and can not understand the usefulness of cooked beets. Everything is very simple. The fact is that this vegetable contains in large quantities not only the chemical elements of the Periodic Table, but also the amino acids necessary for our body, in particular, histidine, Beatin, Arginine. That is why boiled red beets have a beneficial effect on the functioning of the digestive tract and allows you to generally improve your well-being.
What is useful product?
During heat treatment, beets do not lose their beneficial properties. In addition, the concentration of micro-and macroelements also does not change. If you want to include boiled beets in the diet, please note that after heat treatment, the nutritional value of the root crop will increase slightly. On average, the calorie content of boiled beets will be about 45 Kcal.
Let's take a closer look at the beneficial properties of boiled beets:-
- A high concentration of natural amino acids and organic fiber helps to cope with constipation. Boiled beets play the role of a kind of panicle, cleansing the intestinal and gastric walls.
- Often, treating experts advise to include in the diet beets with anemia or anemia. Due to its unique component composition, it is well absorbed, and active substances take part in blood formation. This root is recommended to be eaten by the fair sex during menstrual bleeding.
- Boiled beets have a beneficial effect on the functioning of the liver. Beatin controls fat processes, as well as its entry into the body prevents the accumulation of fat in the liver.
- Daily consumption of boiled beets will significantly minimize the risk of developing a number of cardiovascular pathologies, in particular, heart attack, ischemic diseases and atherosclerosis.
- The active components contained in beets destroy the atherosclerotic type of plaque, which not only clears the blood vessels, but also normalizes blood pressure.
- Boiled beets have a pronounced diuretic effect, in some cases, with the development of pathologies of the urinary system, treating specialists recommend eating such a product daily.
- Eating beet helps to normalize metabolic processes and reduce the risk of diabetes.
- This root vegetable in large quantities contains bioactive elements that enhance sexual activity and the attraction of representatives of opposite sexes.
- Betaine contained in boiled beets protects cells from moisture deficiency, as a result of which a person does not experience excessive fatigue and pathological weakness.
- The active ingredients contained in beets help to remove accumulated toxins from the body, as well as normalize the functioning of the digestive tract.
- There is an opinion that boiled beets have anti-inflammatory properties and can reduce the pain that occurs in the stomach.
- Root crop has a beneficial effect on the nervous system. Treatment specialists recommend including such a product in the diet of women who are carrying a baby, since the micro and macro elements contained in beets will have a beneficial effect on the formation and development of the fetal nervous system.
What are the contraindications to the use of beets?
Despite such a wide range of beneficial properties of red beets, it cannot be eaten in all cases. To exclude boiled beets from the diet or to minimize the consumption of this product should be in such cases:
- in violation of intestinal microflora;
- with diarrhea;
- in the period of the climacteric pause;
- in case of diabetes;
- in the diagnosis of urolithiasis;
- with individual intolerance or hypersensitivity to any component contained in the beets.
Which beets are healthier - raw or boiled?
Definitely answer this question is impossible. Raw red beets - a real vitamin and mineral fount. However, it contains fruit acids, which are irritating to the digestive tract. During heat treatment, fruit acids are completely destroyed, but an insignificant mass fraction of vitamins, mineral and chemical micro and macro elements is also lost.
Determine for yourself what purpose you eat this product. Boiled beets contain a little more calories than a raw root vegetable, therefore, when following a diet, it is better to give preference to freshly pressed beet juice. Before you eat beets in raw or boiled form, carefully review the available contraindications.
As you can see, the gifts of nature bear undeniable benefits. However, before introducing boiled beets into your daily diet, consult your healthcare professional, especially if you suffer from chronic pathologies of the digestive tract or urinary system. Be healthy!