Birch has earned fame among connoisseurs of alternative medicine. In particular, we are talking about her kidneys. This tool with a large number of components is characterized by a wide spectrum of action. Therefore, for lovers of folk recipes, it is important to correctly use birch buds, as well as know their healing properties and contraindications.
Secret to the benefits of the kidneys
The list of biologically active components in the composition of birch buds includes a lot of vitamins and nutrients. However, essential oils are considered the main component. For this reason, the kidneys are harvested in the spring, namely from the end of April to the beginning of May. At this time, the concentration of oils is highest.
For effective use of birch buds, it is important to first collect them correctly, if this is done on their own. The twig must be very carefully cut and sent to dry. Once the collection has dried, you can separate the kidneys. The home remedy is perfectly stored in a paper bag for several years.
In addition to essential oils, the product is rich in phytoncides, tannins, organic acids, saponins, as well as resins and vitamins. All this outstanding set of substances makes birch buds unique. Their therapeutic properties and contraindications to use are important to consider before the start of treatment, whatever health problems may be said.
Variety of healing qualities
Not only folk, but also professional medicine has long recognized the amazing healing effect of birch buds. There are such properties of the product:
A wide range of properties has made birch buds a universal component used in the treatment and prevention of a number of diseases. Products based on natural products are effective in:
- diseases of the urinary system;
- catarrhal diseases;
- use as a febrifuge;
- swelling caused by heart disease;
- use for cleansing the blood;
- arthritis and arthritis;
- admission as an antispasmodic;
- vitamin deficiency in the body;
- metabolic disorders;
- stomach diseases;
- inflammatory processes in the respiratory tract and other health problems.
Traditional treatments for birch buds
Today on the pharmacy shelves you can find a lot of money on the basis of birch buds. However, popular recipes with this product, allowing to treat an impressive number of diseases, have enjoyed unprecedented success to this day. It is possible to enumerate specific ways of healing the birch with buds for a long time, we will give just a few examples.
Compositions based on natural medicines are used in such common cases:-
- to combat atherosclerosis, they drink plant broth over a tablespoon three times a day;
- people over the age of 50 as a prevention of problems with blood vessels and heart are recommended to drink the infusion daily, dividing half a liter of the drug into three parts;
- in case of catarrhal diseases, the alcohol tincture demonstrated its particular effectiveness, which is taken on a teaspoon three times a day until complete recovery;
- tincture rinses cope with diseases of the oral cavity, eliminate inflammation of the gums and pain;
- alcohol tincture is used for grinding with rheumatism, radiculitis, arthritis and joint inflammation;
- decoctions and infusions can be drunk for a long period as a tonic, as well as to restore the vitamin balance.
How to make a homemade potion?
To prepare a vegetable infusion, you must pour 2 tbsp. l birch buds 0.5 liters of boiling water, then insist 6-7 hours. Strained fluid is ready for further use.
To make a decoction, you will need 10 g of the product and a glass of water. After boiling the mixture over low heat for 10 minutes, add another glass of warm water. Strain the decoction before drinking.
Alcohol tincture on birch buds is especially popular. Take a small amount of birch product and alcohol, and then mix the components in a ratio of 1: 5. The product is infused for 7 days, after which it is filtered and applied externally or inward.
To refrain from applying?
The abundance of biologically active components always means the universality of the product, but at the same time it also implies a number of contraindications. So, it is advisable not to use potions with birch buds in such situations:
- during pregnancy and lactation;
- in allergic reactions to pollen;
- with gallstone disease;
- with renal failure;
- with individual intolerance to the components of the product.
Reviews on the therapeutic properties of birch buds
In the absence of contraindications, birch buds are actively used in practice by different groups of the population. The older generation prefers to collect the "material" on their own, while younger people do not neglect the pharmacy option. Particular confidence gained tincture of the kidneys for the treatment of rheumatic pains. According to reviews, tea based on this "gift from birch" is advisable to use in the spring as a cure for beriberi. Also, supporters of homemade recipes note the effectiveness of such a tool to combat drowsiness and depression.
Natural remedies still attract attention and enjoy popular love. Nature holds valuable resources for our health, and birch buds are undoubtedly one of them. Simple recipes tinctures, infusion and decoction based on them allow treatment at home without any extra effort and cost.