Halva is a delicious oriental sweetness. We are more accustomed to the delicacy of sunflower seeds. But in the processing of halva can put beans, various nuts or seeds. In some countries, halva is called sweets based on wheat flour or semolina.
Ingredients are ground and mixed to form a pasty mass. In addition to traditional oilseeds, dried fruits, candied fruits, raisins can go to halva. The link in the composition is a special edible frother. It is mixed with caramel mass, which allows to obtain a fibrous structure of halva.
Tahini (sesame seed) halvah - a traditional delicacy in the Middle East. She is also loved by the inhabitants of the Balkans and the Mediterranean.
Everyone knows that sweets in large quantities affect our figure, the state of tooth enamel. But how to resist the temptation, because it is so tasty? Let's first understand what the benefits and harm may be from tahini halva.
The composition and properties of the product
Before proceeding to the enumeration of properties, consider the composition of tahini halva. The main ingredient is sesame seed. This is a very nutritious product with a rich composition of nutrients. The mass also includes: molasses or caramel, frother, additives. The foaming agent in the food industry is obtained from soap root, licorice, less often egg white or Altea root. As additives - chocolate, nut paste, vanilla, cinnamon, candied fruits, dried fruits.
The composition of tahini halva:
- vitamins: A, B1, B2, E, PP;
- micro- and macronutrients: K, Fe, Zn, Cu, P, Na, Mg;
- food acids;
- mono - and disaccharides.
The benefits of tahini halva:-
- The essential fatty acids in the product and vegetable proteins have a beneficial effect in the prevention of heart and vascular diseases.
- A number of substances are involved in improving cell oxygenation, which in turn leads to tissue renewal.
- Improved regeneration and recovery, an obstacle to the aging process of the body.
- Vitamin A supports visual function. B-group vitamins improve memory, increase the level of the immune barrier of the organism.
- Iron (Fe) improves the composition of blood, and zinc (Zn) is needed to preserve the health of nails, hair and skin. Phosphorus (P) has a beneficial effect on our nervous system and allows us to better cope with stress. It is also important for normal brain activity.
Of the harmful properties of the product, we note:
- allergic reaction with individual intolerance to the components;
- high calorie - 470 kcal per 100 g of product;
- high carbohydrate.
In no case should the product be abused, despite such a list of useful qualities. Moderate consumption - 30-50 g per day. It is not recommended to eat sesame halva with pancreatitis and diabetes. Taboo is set for obese people. Teeth will also suffer if you do not temper your addictions to halvah. Children under the age of tahini halva should not be given at all.
Recipe for homemade tahini halva
The easiest and fastest recipe for tahini halva is a mixture of sesame paste and natural honey. Ingredients are mixed in proportions of 1.5: 1. Sweet lovers can take a 1: 1 ratio. Instead of honey, if you are allergic to bee products, you can use fructose. To keep the mixture in shape, keep it in the fridge.
Sesame paste, unfortunately, is not sold everywhere, but to buy sesame seed - please. Offers a simple recipe at home.
- Fry in a dry frying pan 0.5 kg of sesame seed. Whitish seeds should turn golden.
- Crush the roasted seeds with a blender (to soften, add a little deodorized vegetable oil).
- Add 2-3 tbsp. l natural honey.
- For a deeper rich taste - 3-4 tbsp. l peanut butter.
- Bring everything to a homogeneous mass.
- Form briketik or portions. Note that portioned cubes or balls are much more convenient to use. In addition, it is more convenient to follow the dosage of sweets consumed by children.
- Keep halva in the refrigerator.
Tahini halva in moderation can be not only a favorite delicacy, but also a very useful product for the body. It’s not for nothing that a dish invented somewhere in the Iranian lands more than 2.5 thousand years ago was so fond of the sweet tooths of the whole world. Having been in the homeland of this oriental sweetness, you can taste the most amazingly tasty tahini halva of individual hand-made production.