In order to maintain well-being, it is important to respond in a timely manner to the alarm signals given by the body. For example, the appearance of a banal belching may indicate a malfunction of the gastrointestinal tract, and the feeling of a lump in the throat may indicate a number of serious diseases or nervous overstrain. How to understand this symptoms and what to do if the belching and lump in the throat became a serious problem?
Where does the lump come from and what could it be?
The appearance of a pressing sensation in the throat can be simultaneously disturbed by a feeling of lack of air, burning, or soreness. Symptoms may be associated with pain in the back of the head, numbness of the extremities.
Causes of discomfort in the larynx:
- viral diseases and other problems: frequent sore throats and other inflammatory diseases, lesions of a bacterial nature, including streptococcal ones;
- Quincke's edema - an allergic reaction to food, pollen or drugs, causing laryngeal edema;
- disruption of the thyroid gland: lack of iodine, the development of inflammatory processes. Most often the feeling that something interferes with the throat, appears when the goiter develops - an autoimmune disease causing an increase in the size of the organ;
- transferred stress that caused a spasm of the throat muscles. In some disorders, tremor and neck pain, limb numbness and tinnitus are added to the above symptoms;
- osteochondrosis of the cervical spine. The displacement of the vertebrae is one of the main problems of the modern man, leading a far from active lifestyle. It can lead to an increase in pressure on the ligaments, as a result of which there is a feeling of coma in the throat;
- esophageal injury caused by accidental ingestion of a sharp object or probe - with gastroenteroscopy. Puffiness that appeared at the site of tissue damage may cause difficulty in swallowing and a squeezed throat sensation;
- throat cancer As a person develops a disease, not only the feeling of a lump in the throat, but also general weakness, dizziness, numbness of the extremities and other warning signs may be of concern.
Whatever the cause of the disturbing state, only a timely visit to a specialist can solve the problem.
Causes of burping
If you are worried about a jump and lump in the throat, the reasons for the first problem may be the following:
- development of diseases of the nasopharynx, mouth, teeth;
- problems with the gastrointestinal tract: a violation of the secretory functions of the stomach, the development of Crohn's disease, dyskinesia or gastritis, a decrease in the activity of enzymes necessary for the breakdown of food; intolerance to some products; inflammation of the large intestine, intestinal damage by pathogenic bacteria;
- irregular meals, swallowing badly chewed food on the go;
- smoking after eating, regular use of chewing gum;
- the habit of talking while eating or eating before bedtime;
- food intake before physical work or training;
- addiction to food with an abundance of artificial colors, flavors, and carbonated drinks;
- the use of tea, fresh vegetables and fruits after meals;
The result of these violations of the rules of food often becomes belching air. Rejecting bad habits and strictly following the requirements of a dietitian, you can quickly get rid of this unpleasant phenomenon. A much more serious problem is the burping with the smell of a rotten egg, that is, the release of air mixed with hydrogen sulfide in the larynx. This phenomenon may indicate serious diseases of the digestive tract. The stomach slowly digests food, which leads to protein rotting - this is the reason for the appearance of a putrid hydrogen sulfide odor.-
The simultaneous appearance of coma in the throat with belching: the causes of pathology
If you have a jerk and lump in your throat, the reasons for such a state, as already mentioned, may be in the experience, failure to comply with the proper diet, combination of several diseases at once. In particular, the depressive state provokes the general tension of the muscles of the larynx and the walls of the stomach. This, in turn, leads to the appearance of a squeezed throat, as well as to the release of air from the esophagus into the larynx. Some foods also cause irritation of the mucous membrane of the esophagus and stomach, provoking the parallel appearance of belching and a feeling of squeezed throat. So it turns out that these two seemingly unrelated symptoms most often appear simultaneously.
If you are worried about the air and lump in the throat, the reasons for such a "complex" may be as follows:
- esophagitis or inflammation of the esophageal mucosa. With the development of such a disease, pain is localized behind the sternum, and after eating a burning sensation in the throat and esophagus appears;
- gastroesophageal reflux disease. Accompanied by the disruption of the lower part of the esophageal sphincter, an increase in the amount of gastric juice, as well as hydrochloric acid. As a result, belching, nausea, vomiting, lump in the throat, heartburn and pain in the stomach appear;
- neurosis, excessive muscle tension, the ingestion of excess air during meals. These are the main consequences of stressful situations that we face almost every day;
- self-prescription and medication. The result of this behavior is chronic gastrointestinal diseases, irritation of the mucous membranes, the appearance of angioedema. All these processes are accompanied by a feeling of squeezed throat and belching. The number of drugs that destroy the mucous membrane, include, in particular, Diclofenac, Nimesulide, as well as Ksefokam and some other drugs;
- a combination of inflammation of the thyroid gland and gastritis or other ailments. The manifestation of one of them may be a feeling of a coma in the throat, and the other - belching.
How to fix the problem? For a start, it’s worth learning: if you are worried about a belching in the throat, what can it be? No need to guess yourself. Only a doctor will help here, since the causes of this symptom are very extensive. Having defined the prerequisites for the disease state, you can choose the best ways to solve the problem:
- Relief from stress: soothing herbal, warm baths with essential oils of mint and lavender, respect for sleep and rest;
- elimination of disorders in the thyroid gland - a visit to an endocrinologist;
- treatment of osteochondrosis: laser therapy, special massage, exercise, electrical stimulation and other measures;
- disposal of malfunctions of the gastrointestinal tract - a visit to a gastroenterologist, the FGS procedure, the appointment of appropriate treatment.
Thus, such discomfort can be a reflection of serious problems. If you are worried about a jump and lump in the throat, the reasons for these unpleasant manifestations should be determined by a specialist. Often it is possible to manage with a little blood - to put in order the nervous system in order to get rid of unpleasant symptoms. But in some situations it is necessary to revise the work of the body and its "repair", because belching and tightness in the throat can only be the tip of the iceberg.