Few people know that avocado is an excellent alternative to meat and eggs. This fruit is not only tasty, but also extremely useful. Avocado is included in many dishes. With it you can cook national Mexican dishes, salads, and much more.
Avocados: beneficial properties and contraindications
Avocadon is so beneficial that it is advised to include it in the diet. It is also believed that eating these fruits helps to cope with depression. By the way, by the amount of nutrients avocado can bypass many fruits and vegetables. According to the potassium content, it overtakes the record holder - a banana. Of the beneficial properties can be distinguished beneficial effect on the general condition of the body. Avocados can break down cholesterol present in the blood and prevent the formation of new. The fetus slows the aging of the body cells. Useful substances in the composition of the avocado help to prevent cardiovascular diseases. It should be introduced into the diet of hypertensive patients, people predisposed to atherosclerosis. It helps to lower the pressure.
Avocados should not be eaten with individual intolerance. Allergy sufferers should eat a small amount of pulp and listen to their feelings.
Do not nibble the fruit pit. It contains toxic substances that can cause health damage.
What to cook avocado?
You can make a lot of different dishes from avocado. Most of them are simple, prepare quickly. The easiest thing is to spread the avocado paste on a slice of fresh, crisp bread. It can be seasoned with spices. One of the most famous avocado dishes is guacamole. It translates as "avocado dish". It is a soft paste made from puree of exotic fruit and tomatoes.
Avocados are a great addition to vegetable salads. It goes well with tomatoes, herbs, bell peppers. Also, many use this fruit as a filling for rolls. To do this, slice avocados and spread them on rice in the middle with fish or other wine.
Deep fried avocado
- Flour - 50 gr.
- Salt - ¼ tsp.
- Eggs - 2 pcs.
- Breadcrumbs - 1, 5 tbsp.
- Avocado - 2 pcs.
- Vegetable oil - to taste
- First you need to wash and release from the skin and bones of avocado. Then cut it into small slices. Prepare a stewpan for frying and pour in the oil. Beat eggs with salt.
- Sprinkle crackers on a separate plate. Put the saucepan on the fire so that the oil warms up. At this time, dip avocados in beaten eggs, and then roll in breadcrumbs. Put the slices in a saucepan with hot oil. Fry on medium heat for 1 min.
- Put the finished slices on a paper towel and let the grease drain. So fry all the pieces.
- Avocado - 2pcs.
- Tomatoes - 2 pcs.
- Greens (dill, green onions) - to taste
- Olive or vegetable oil, salt - to taste
- Wash and peel the avocado. Cut into small cubes. Wash the tomatoes. Cut into medium cubes.
- Chop the greens. All ingredients are mixed in a salad bowl, season with oil and salt.
Read also: Salad with avocado and salmon-
You can also make great sandwiches with avocados.
- Avocado - 2 pcs.
- Tomato - 1 pc.
- Lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper - to taste
- Avocado peel and bones. Cut into small pieces with a knife or chop with a blender. Mix salt, add lemon juice and pepper. Cut the loaf into portions. Preheat the pan and fry the pieces without oil until light brown crust. While bread is fried, wash the tomatoes and cut into thin rings. Wash the greens. Put avocado paste on the fried pieces of loaf. Put sliced tomatoes and greens on top.
- Sandwiches can be prepared with other composition. More nourishing option involves the use of chicken. Avocados are also ground. Then, chopped boiled chicken is added to the paste. The mixture is also laid out on the croutons of white or black bread. Then sandwiches are decorated with greens (dill, parsley or lettuce).
Avocado gazpacho is easy to prepare, and the result is amazing!
(for 1 portion):
- Yogurt - 200 ml.
- Avocado - 2 pcs.
- Garlic, salt - to taste
- Preparing such soup is extremely simple. Hard ingredients are ground using a food processor, blender or meat grinder. Their final state is mashed. Then they interfere with yogurt.
- Optionally, add some water. At the end of cooking the avocado gazpacho, add some hot sauce. Then put the soup in the fridge for 1 hour. Serve, decorating with greens.
It must be remembered that the unripe avocado fruits are stored only at room temperature. They ripen in 2 days. Avocados are stored in refrigerators for no more than 5 days. Then the fruit begins to deteriorate, becomes covered with spots, loses its unique taste.
In room conditions, avocados are grown as follows. Stone pierced with toothpicks from several sides and form supports from them. Water is poured into a small tank with a wide neck. The bone is positioned so that it is held by toothpicks. In this case, the lower side is lowered into the water. After some time, it will germinate. After this bone is planted.
Avocado is very helpful. It can be used in completely different dishes: prepare snacks, sauces, salads, soups from it. The main rule is to prevent oxidation. To do this, you need to prepare such a quantity of food that will not need to be stored for a long time, but you can eat at one time. To prevent oxidation can be with the help of lemon juice. It is added to ready meals in small quantities.