In cancer patients, an unnaturally large belly sometimes grows. Dropsy - so they say in the people, but in medical language, it is called "abdominal ascites". With oncology, this complication reduces the chances of recovery. Is it possible to cure dropsy and how long will the patient live with such a pathology?
Why dropsy occurs and what is it?
One of the terrible companions of cancer is ascites. It joins the underlying disease in the defeat of the stomach, colon, pancreas and mammary gland, liver, uterus and colorectal cancer. Fixed in 10% of episodes. With cancer of the ovaries, the risk of dropsy reaches 40%.
To understand what is cancer ascites, you must first talk about the norm. If a person is healthy, then every day in his body circulates fluid, produced in such quantity, in which it is consumed by the tissues of the internal organs. In oncology, this balance is disturbed. On the inner side of the peritoneum, cancer cells settle and impair resorption (absorption), so fluid begins to accumulate in the stomach. Its volume sometimes reaches 25 liters. This causes peritoneal carcinoma and ascites.
Surgery to remove the primary tumor, chemotherapy - factors that also cause an ascites in oncology. How many people live with dropsy is difficult to answer, as each organism is individual, but usually not longer than one year. Two-year survival (if treated) is only 50%. The prognosis is poor and worsens with multiple metastases, low blood pressure, and renal pathologies.
how detect terrible complication: signs of ascites
The origin of ascites in oncological diseases occurs unnoticed. For several weeks and even months no symptoms are detected. Clinical manifestations occur when a lot of fluid accumulates in the peritoneum. At this stage, the following symptoms are found:
- sensation of breathing;
- abdominal pains;
- heartburn and jerking;
- slaughterhouse is rapidly growing, sharply increasing in weight;
- As the abdominal wall is attached, the blood vessels are visible. The navel is bent out;
- there is a feeling of neglect;
- because of the fact that the life begins to crush the chest, the lungs begin to interrupt the work of the heart, the breathing becomes difficult;
- swelling can be spread in the lower part of the livestock, but in the innocent.
This problem can be suspected both on external signs and on the complaints of the patient. An important role is played by percussion and palpation of the abdomen. Also used instrumental methods of examination:
- tomography. It will help determine the volume of liquid and its specific location;
- laparocentesis. A procedure in which after anesthesia and anesthesia the piercing wall is pierced (several times below) and pumped out of the liquid. Such manipulations follow only diagnostic, but therapeutical goals. A portion of the study is carried out to verify the content of glucose, albumin, pathogenic microflora and to establish the types of cell elements.
Traditional treatment methods
If abdominal ascites is diagnosed in oncology, the treatment is carried out along with the main disease, the consequence of which he became.
It is extremely important to remove the liquid in the first 2 weeks after its formation, because the delay is fraught with dangerous consequences. For this, laparocentesis is made (its technology is described above). It allows you to simultaneously withdraw up to 10 liters of exudate.-
Significantly facilitates the condition of the patient installation of temporary catheters, which accumulates fluid accumulates.
The patient is prescribed spironolactone and diuretic drugs - Furosemide, Diacarb, Veroshpiron. In parallel with the intake of diuretics should drink drugs containing potassium, to eliminate the risk of impaired water and electrolyte metabolism.
With ascites associated with intestinal, breast or ovarian cancer, systemic chemotherapy produces a good effect (it is not used for stomach cancer).
What kind folk remedies to use to alleviate the condition?
Some plants have a powerful effect against ascites, so they can be consumed as decoctions of 2-3 herbs. Medicinal nastogovatsya according to one scheme: you should take dry herbs in equal proportions, mix, brew 1 tbsp. l mixture to 250 ml of boiling water. Best of all in the fight against dropsy help these herbs:
- AIR On the vodka must be 40 dry roots (they should be crushed). Compose for 7 days. Drink l three days in half an hour;
- forestry Take one. l crushed rootgrass. Brew in 200 ml. Hold the night for about a quarter hour. Consume the third part of the toilet3 p. in the afternoon;
- bedstraw. 1st c. l dry plant raw material pour in a thermos, pour 1st. boiling water. Set aside for 3 hours. Take 1/3 cup before the day. Powder from the flowers of the spoon under the spoon pouring on the drafts.
External application of tinctures also sometimes helps with abdominal ascites. Treatment of folk remedies can be carried out in the form of applications on the abdomen and lymph nodes. It is recommended to apply a bandage with infusion of horseradish on the water (ingredients taken in the same proportions). On the area of the affected organ at night it is helpful to put fresh fat smeared with camphor.
how eat when dropsy?
When such a problem must adhere to a special diet. It should minimize the consumption of salt and fluids. In the diet should be present:
- spinach, carrots, asparagus, green peas (raw), potatoes (from the oven);
- dried apricots, raisins, figs, papayas;
- sea cabbage.
Treatment of abdominal ascites in oncology, even with a significant improvement in the condition, in any case can not be stopped. This is a very insidious affliction. But the main thing that should be done with dropsy of such an origin is to wage an active struggle against the cancer itself.