Shurpa is a national Uzbek dish., soup, recipe which comes from the East. Shurpa refers to filling soups and has many different names. Preparing is very easy and simple. The soup is usually cooked on lamb, but you can also cook on beef for those who do not like lamb.
Shurpa recipe at home
- Lamb - 1 kg, you can with a bone or with fat
- Bulgarian pepper - 3 pcs
- Onions - 1 big head
- Potato - 3 medium potatoes
- Tomato - 3 pcs
- Garlic - 2 slices
- Zira (cumin), salt, pepper - to taste
- Dill, cilantro - on the beam
- Cut meat and fry in a cauldron. Stew meat about 10 minutes.
- Finely chop the onion and add to the fried meat, increase the heat.
- As soon as onions become golden in color, add carrots cut into strips and seasoning with cumin.
- Pepper chop and add to the meat.
- Peel tomatoes, cut into cubes and also put in a cauldron. Salt, add the remaining spices. The contents of the cauldron stew 20 minutes
- We clean the potatoes, cut them into cubes and add them to the shurpa, fill it with water to the thickness that you like best. Bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes. Cut fresh greens, fill her soup, and for 2 minutes. until ready, add garlic.
- Boil and infuse.
- Take out the herbs and pour the shurpa, cooked at home, on plates.
How to cook beef shurpa?
Shurpa should turn out rich and thick, so that it becomes just that, it needs to be cooked over low heat, like other soups that came to us from Central Asia.
- Beef - 0.5 kg
- Potatoes - 0.5 kg
- Onions - 5 pcs.
- Sour apples - 1 pc.
- Salo - 100 g
- Tomatoes - 5 pcs.
- Garlic - 3 pcs.
- Bay leaf - 4 pcs.
- Cilantro - 2 tbsp. l
- Red pepper - 1 pod
- Dill - 2 tbsp. l
- Cut the bacon into small pieces and fry in a pan until the fat is melted. Wash and chop the meat into medium-sized pieces, put it in a frying pan.
- Wash the tomatoes, peel the onions and chop them. Add to frying pan and fry everything together for 10 minutes.
- Then wash, peel potatoes, and, cut into cubes, put it for 5 minutes. in a frying pan roast.
- After that, pour 2 liters of water into the pan, boil it and transfer the meat with potatoes and vegetables. When the water boils again, add salt and continue cooking the shurpa on medium heat for an hour.
- 20 min until ready, chop the apples and garlic, add them to the soup.
- At the end of the preparation, put the ground red and black pepper, bay leaf, coriander, azhgon or dill into the shurpu. If you want, you can add turmeric, which is a very useful seasoning and can help even with serious diseases.
How to cook shurpa on a fire?
If you are to meet in nature, you can make a fine shurpa at the stake, which will be most welcome after a walk through the forest.-
- Beef or Lamb - 600 g
- Fat - 60 g
- Onions - 600 g
- Eggplant - 1 pc.
- Potatoes - 600 g
- Tomatoes - 300 g
- Bulgarian pepper - 3 pcs.
- Carrots - 3 pcs.
- Water - 3 L
- Black peppercorns, salt, bay leaf, greens, ground coriander, basil
- Sugar, salt to taste
- Vinegar - 300 g
- Water - 300 ml
- Make a fire, prepare a cauldron, wash the fat and put it in the cauldron to melt it.
- Wash the meat and cut into medium sized pieces. Add the spices and fry the meat until a crust appears. It will take about 25 minutes. Then remove the pieces of meat and place in a separate bowl.
- Carrot clean and wash. Then cut it into cubes. Peel the onions and cut half into small cubes, then add it together with the carrot to the cauldron and fry until the vegetables soften. Put the meat in the cauldron again.
- Wash paprika, tomatoes, eggplants. Cut them and also put in a cauldron.
- Now cook onion dressing. To do this, cut the remaining onion into a long and thin straw, add salt and mix everything. Hands squeeze the onion and pour the marinade, mixing vinegar, water and sugar.
- In the cauldron pour water and close the lid. Tomite shurpa for 2 hours. When the water boils, remove the foam. The fire should not be big.
- Peel and slice the potatoes. Add bay leaf, pepper and potatoes to shurpa. Boil the soup for another 20 minutes to boil the potatoes. Salt to taste. At the end, add the spices, rubbing them in your hands.
- On the table ready shurpa Serve it like this: arrange the meat with vegetables in plates, and pour the broth into bowls. Serve a platter of pickled onions in the soup. Add onions directly to the broth, which sprinkle with chopped greens. Homemade soup Shurpa ready!
Shurpa refers to oriental dishes, which are cooked from lamb with vegetables and spices. When cooking shurpy, a fragrant and rich broth is obtained in which meat and vegetables are cooked. A very tasty shurpa is obtained if it is cooked on a campfire while resting in a country house or on a campfire. Then she gets an incomparable aroma, but the home-made beef shurpa will also become very hearty and tasty dish, which will please all.
Enjoy and enjoy your meal!